Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing Rant and Ways to Improve

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
Hello everyone, i usually dont have much to rant about but there has been something eating away at me and i feel i should share, first off the wizard city island that cost fifteen thousand has around six rooms yet the one in Mooshu that costs twenty thousand has a wimpy two room house. Moving on to the outside i understand the Mooshu home has more outside space, but the wizard one thats fifteen thousand has a stage a walkway down to a little waterfall and another area that has water running through it. In conclusion i think that the Mooshu island that cost twenty thousand should be at least four or five rooms :?

Strolling through MooShu and went to the castle/furniture store and the MooShu house is also fifteen thousand, but i still feel the that the MooShu house should have at least four or five rooms.

A way to improve the bookshelf in housing would be oh i dont know.... have books? correct me if im wrong but none of the furniture keepers sell books to put on a BOOKshelf, these books wouldnt be useless but I know I have a lot of treasure cards that are kinda rare and Im sure a lot of other wizards out there do to, but what do they do? Just sit in your backpack. So it would be cool if Kingsislde came up with books that we could put treasure cards in to show them off to other people :) thanks

Explorer
Feb 11, 2009
Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
Thanks for the reply and can you tell me what you were fighting, where its located, and how long it took you to get them?

Also you probably cant but can you store treasure cards and show them off to people?

Thanks again

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
Hi Everyone,

I think the housing thing is really cool, my problem is the high price on everything. The amount of gold you win from a quest is so inadequate already, now to pay for housing is ridiculous! In case anyone missed it, we are in a RECESSION, I love this game, but I for one, cannot afford to buy gold and crowns just for clothes, pets, and housing. I would love it if there were lower prices or better pay outs. How silly (and unrealistic) is it to pat 68,000 gold coins for a cloak? It seems pretty unfair for all the players who can't afford to buy crowns to try and earn the large sums of gold it takes to pay for one item. I think the reason for this price gouging is, to force the players to buy the crowns and boost profits for the company.

Please start making things more affordable, this is great game and I love that it is an affordable way to be entertained.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
Fantasyworld wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I think the housing thing is really cool, my problem is the high price on everything. The amount of gold you win from a quest is so inadequate already, now to pay for housing is ridiculous! In case anyone missed it, we are in a RECESSION, I love this game, but I for one, cannot afford to buy gold and crowns just for clothes, pets, and housing. I would love it if there were lower prices or better pay outs. How silly (and unrealistic) is it to pat 68,000 gold coins for a cloak? It seems pretty unfair for all the players who can't afford to buy crowns to try and earn the large sums of gold it takes to pay for one item. I think the reason for this price gouging is, to force the players to buy the crowns and boost profits for the company.

Please start making things more affordable, this is great game and I love that it is an affordable way to be entertained.

lol sorry but i had to stop reading and laugh for a minute when you said the recession thing, partly because its true :-o but i do agree that the ratio between how much islands and furnishings (also clothing, pets, etc.) cost and how much you can make from chests, minigames, monster drops are extremely off,

I feel if kingsisle doesnt improve the ratio between the two they will see a loss of players because they players will have to work hard to get a few furnishings and most people i know like to work but not excesivley for a few things.

Thanks for the post

Survivor
Aug 22, 2008
You know it's not really that hard to earn gold. Granted I'm a higher level player but I can still manage to make $10K in a couple hours. Yesterday I just went about my merry way helping friends and doing quests. Before I logged off I went to sell everything and I had made $10K. I wasn't activly trying to make gold. Just doing my normal things.

It's a shame that in our fast food world everyone wants everything right now. No one is willing to put in the time or effort to earn anything anymore. (It's one of the reasons we're in the finantial problems we're in. Although I won't get into that here.)

Housing hasn't been out for very long but I can tell you that my house is full of stuff. I have gotten most of the free items they layed around the worlds. I have also farmed bosses for furniture. Lastly I have spent a few crowns and lots of gold buying stuff for my house. I must say my house is looking darn cute right now but I worked to make it that way.

As far as the cost for the different houses in the different worlds. Of course the higher the world the more they are going to charge for the housing. I agree that the smaller house in Mushu should have more than two rooms but that's the way they designed it so that's the way it's going to be. At least they aren't charging us crowns to buy the houses. I have also had a couple of bosses drop crown furniture. It's very rare and takes a long time to get it but it does happen.

KI didn't have to include free furniture for us to find. That's a major bonus. It wasn't even like one item per world. There is a ton of stuff to be found. So go out there and look for them. There are also lists of where to find all the items in fan sites if you need help.

Quite frankly I am VERY impressed with KI's housing. Yes there are things I would like but aren't in the system but that comes with time. Also with us suggesting things to them.

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
You will find that as you level up in the game, the gold given for completing quests increases. If you don't spend it every time you get gold, it becomes very easy to save a lot. Yesterday, I realized that my ice wizard, at lvl 47, was approaching the limit (as I understand it, 99,999).

At the lower levels, yes. It is very hard to earn enough gold to afford much of anything. I was reminded of this, since I started a new wizard after the last update.

Fantasyworld wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Survivor
Jan 07, 2009
is anyone else having the problem of the go home button not working please replay

Administrator
Prof Greyrose posted this on the Headmaster's Announcements section:

Young Wizards, there's a Housing boon in Wizard101!

Many students are purchasing Castles & Lands, and the Smiths are building as fast as they can!

If you attempt to go to your house and receive an error message, please know that your house is still under construction.

Please wait 15 minutes and try going to your new house again.

You're house is still under construction. :D

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
May 03, 2009
Yes it's true some of the prices initially seemed outrageous but..as you get higher in level the drops from the stronger monsters sell for far more than the Wizard City ones. Get involved in questing without worrying about buying a house and before you know it--you're rich.
Not even half way thru the quests on Krokotopia (the second world) I realized that with what I brought with me from WC, I had enough for the top of the line Wizard City manson, plus 5k for treasure cards and still had enough left over for the 40k gold price of a good piece of eq that I thought would have had to be bought with crowns.
Once you get to max level you'll be able to get drops that'll pay for everything you want plus the 6 houses and dorm your allowed lol.
Patience.

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
I think there should be some kind of additional benefit of purchasing the houses such as a high life regeration, Mana regeneration, and even a place to refill your potions on the higher end houses. Something to make purchasing the houses and possibly sets of other items give additional value to the character and to the house aesthetics.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
Xenobias wrote:
Once you get to max level you'll be able to get drops that'll pay for everything you want plus the 6 houses and dorm your allowed lol.
Patience.

How many houses do you have? If you have more then one what is your favorite and why? How much did it cost?

sorry for so many questions :)

Explorer
Mar 28, 2009
BlindingShade wrote:
I think there should be some kind of additional benefit of purchasing the houses such as a high life regeration, Mana regeneration, and even a place to refill your potions on the higher end houses. Something to make purchasing the houses and possibly sets of other items give additional value to the character and to the house aesthetics.

I would just like to agree that going home replenish mana and health just like being in commons, whether through wisps or just so many points per second at home. It's only common sense.

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
I broke down and bought a house even though I had vowed not to. Mainly because my dorm was full. I bought the cheap 8k house from Wizard City. It;s a nice little area.. and when I saw the 2 waterfalls, I just knew there was a cave behind one of them...

but there wasn't! I think a little one room cave would be a good addition to this home since there is the cave behind the watergall in WZ.

Explorer
Feb 11, 2009
I got a book from harvest lord, I got another stack of three from a random street fight in colosus and i got stacked books in chamber of fire. i dont remember what i was fighting in the two street fights however.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
I would like to see the houses look like whatever school you start out in. Like if you are a Pyromancer than your house should look like the outside of the Fire school and so on and so forth. I think it only makes sense that your house matches what school you are from it makes it feel more like home than a vacation spot.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
moviebuff3000 wrote:
I would like to see the houses look like whatever school you start out in. Like if you are a Pyromancer than your house should look like the outside of the Fire school and so on and so forth. I think it only makes sense that your house matches what school you are from it makes it feel more like home than a vacation spot.

I think i get what your saying but please correct me if im wrong

This would be a good idea but then again some players dont want their friends to know what school they are (even though most of your friends will know what school you are) because if you battle them your opponet knows what to protect from

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
HalloweenChickRose wrote:
BlindingShade wrote:

I would just like to agree that going home replenish mana and health just like being in commons, whether through wisps or just so many points per second at home. It's only common sense.

I also think there should be an additional benefit such as high health and mana regeneration.

It would also be a cool idea if they had fountains in the houses (or shops) that you could purchase that if you stood around you would regain health or mana.

There could be a red fountain that would replace health obviously

And a blue/purple one that would replace mana.

Or there could be one bigger fountain that changes between blue/purple and red that replaces health and mana.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
If KINGS ISLE put the prices they got on the clothes they would loose money that they get.Then if they lost money they wouldn't be able to run the game any more.

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
I liked the thought on having shops...maybe a selling vender type of shop that will allow you to sell back stuff to him. He could be placed outside sort of like a traveling salesman. A traveling sales-turtle to fit with the current theme.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2008
Besides the wisps idea, I'd like to add that I'd like that the windows inside the houses have an actual view of the outside. Much like the huge window at the end of digmoore station in marleybone has a view of the night sky and passing dirigibles.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
lupan wrote:
Besides the wisps idea, I'd like to add that I'd like that the windows inside the houses have an actual view of the outside. Much like the huge window at the end of digmoore station in marleybone has a view of the night sky and passing dirigibles.

Good idea,

This maybe hard to do because players have the ability to place things outside the windows and KI probably wouldnt be able to make it so everytime you changed something outside the windows it would change the window view.

They could make the windows just have one view, and if a player placed an object in front of it the window view would remain the same.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2008
Littleabney wrote:

Good idea,

This maybe hard to do because players have the ability to place things outside the windows and KI probably wouldnt be able to make it so everytime you changed something outside the windows it would change the window view.

They could make the windows just have one view, and if a player placed an object in front of it the window view would remain the same.

Yeah. I can see what you're getting at. But still, it would be nice to at least see clouds passing by outside or a stray leaf whizzing past from time to time. Don't you think? :-)

Community Leader
kordach wrote:
I got a book from harvest lord, I got another stack of three from a random street fight in colosus and i got stacked books in chamber of fire. i dont remember what i was fighting in the two street fights however.

Oh man! I've been farming and farming with my main character just to get books and I'll I keep getting is shoes!

I've tried several bosses that are said to drop books. I've fought about a b'jillion fights and still nothing. If it wasn't for a few tradable quest rewards on my lower level characters, my main character's shelves would be empty.

It's weird though, the number of shoes I've gotten. Marleybone, Krokotopia, even WC, shoes, shoes, shoes... :?

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
Okay, this is just a suggestion to KI. My youngsters whole goal in this game is to own as many pets and treasure cards as he can. It would be fun to make it so you can leave your pets at your house. The ones that you don't have equipped. Idk, have them romping around the yard or something, yes I realize that they would have limited movements but, the younger audience would get a kick out of that, I think.