Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Special Robes, Shoes and Hats - No longer availabl

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 03, 2009
I am hoping that some one has an answer or explaination -

I have noticed that some players have "Special" Hats, Robes and Shoes that have stars and moons and such on them that provide some pretty awesome spells (Helephant, Triton and Dryad).

I was told that these items are no longer available at all, not even in mob or boss drops, is this correct..??

If this true, how can that be fair for players that joined once they decided to discontinue these items..??

Thanks

Christo Deathgiver
Level 50 - Death Wizard

Administrator
Just as fashions change, so do Wizard clothes. The 'stars and moons' pattern is so last year.

We are constantly updating and changing the fashions to meet the times. Old items may come back around in rotation as part of a retro look, but if you see something you like in the store, buy it now before it is gone.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Apr 03, 2009
Gamma wrote:
Just as fashions change, so do Wizard clothes. The 'stars and moons' pattern is so last year.

Gamma - I can understand the change in the "fashion" in a sense, but nothing comperable in a new "fashion" has been added to replace the abilities that the special attire had to offer some of the newer players. To my knowledge they are not even offered as boss or mob drops.

Please change "fashion" as you seem fit, but at least offer comperable items in replace of the "old style" for players that did nopt make the scene in time to benefit from it.

Christo Deathgiver
Master of Death, Drake Rider and Savior of the Spiral

Survivor
Nov 13, 2008
I sold my old clothes thinking that i have enought for new clothes but i only had enought for a hat so i will spend the rest of my time until i have enought money in noob clothes.

sniff.......

michael moonrider lvl 48 fire and balance

i hope they help me if not please somehow give them back to me :-(

Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
I see it as extreamly unfair, my friend is a lower level than me and got the triton robe ( lvl35+ item ) and i have the currently helephant robe ( lvl45+ item ) and his triton robe has better stats ALL OVER and a better card than my helephant robe that is a higher level. I could care less about new items i want current items stats to be higher than lower level items.This seems foolish a lvl35 item is much stronger than a level45?!?!?

Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
bettermixmaster wrote:
I see it as extreamly unfair, my friend is a lower level than me and got the triton robe ( lvl35+ item ) and i have the currently helephant robe ( lvl45+ item ) and his triton robe has better stats ALL OVER and a better card than my helephant robe that is a higher level. I could care less about new items i want current items stats to be higher than lower level items.This seems foolish a lvl35 item is much stronger than a level45?!?!?
i am so with you i have the jade oni fire robe i think it called jade oni garments and it the supreme fire robe of the world mooshu but the triton robe still has better stats and gives the triton cards .

Explorer
Feb 21, 2009
Gamma wrote:

Are you sure about that? Most of the wizards I see running 'round in DS have this outfit. It's waaay better than what DS has to offer now... :-(

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
I'm big into celestial type of things & them clothes are awesome.
I have several celestial type tattoos, also.
I wish there was a way of being able to obtain them.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2009
Just wait untill the new world come out. I bet there will be better toys that are released as well. But, dont get me wrong. I would love to have that triton robe.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2008
I do agree that the "new clothes" that are being offered isn't the best as far as what was taken away.I was hoping that when the clothes was offered finally in DS i was very disapointed and went back to MS to stock up on more clothes only to find they too were replaced by weaker clothes.To say the least it was a sad day for me.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2009
I will agree on that. I wish they also would bring back the old gear. But, one of the moderators here did say they could be coming back from time to time, so lets just hope that happens sooner than later.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
Lucky that i bought all 3 pairs of clothes o. o Astral, Master's, and the Royal outfits they were(i think )

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
good thing i was their i transferred all my Triton ,helepahnt ,, and hydra clothes to my new balance player and to me fashion for this game is for a wizard i dont like to look like a knight DS has bad clothes compared to old shool mooshu clothes the only thing DS has better are thw swords, ring and wands

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
ya me to i want the triton coat and helephant hat in Mooshu

Blaze Night Runner lvl 42

Survivor
May 10, 2009
I personally do not think that is fair because just because some people think those special clothing items our out of style some people who have recently joined can not wear them and they like those clothes!

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
They are not available no more because the wizard 101 changed it to other crown items :-(

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Nightshade09 wrote:
I personally do not think that is fair because just because some people think those special clothing items our out of style some people who have recently joined can not wear them and they like those clothes!

I think its unfair cause i bought a shirt in mb after the update
my friend had a shirt from kt before the update... both were the attack styles... let me tell you the difference. :-D ... D:<

accuracy- mine - 2% lower - to her's
strength - mine- 4% lower - to her's

it went on with defense and pips and health too! and it gave better cards!

Change "Fasion" all you want but keep the cloths the same, it isnt fair to people that work for their gold and then all the sudden the items change before they can buy the item they worked for, for so long
it happended to me on my life, all i wanted was the helping hand hat and they changed it the day after i got enough money to buy it :-(

and also plz put the special items back on sell for gold! not all of us can afford to buy crowns

Survivor
Nov 01, 2008
AlecVolterra wrote:
Nightshade09 wrote:

I think its unfair cause i bought a shirt in mb after the update
my friend had a shirt from kt before the update... both were the attack styles... let me tell you the difference. :-D ... D:<

accuracy- mine - 2% lower - to her's
strength - mine- 4% lower - to her's

it went on with defense and pips and health too! and it gave better cards!

Change "Fasion" all you want but keep the cloths the same, it isnt fair to people that work for their gold and then all the sudden the items change before they can buy the item they worked for, for so long
it happended to me on my life, all i wanted was the helping hand hat and they changed it the day after i got enough money to buy it :-(

and also plz put the special items back on sell for gold! not all of us can afford to buy crowns
i also agree i finally raised enough gold to buy a wolverines hat at dragonsprye and it wasnt there

Survivor
Nov 01, 2008
I also agree about them getting rid of the cool clothes i finally raised enough gold to buy a wolverines hat in dragonsprye and then i went to buy it and NOTICED THAT IT WASNT THERE

Survivor
May 24, 2009
I was saving up for the ice shield outfit in DS, but ever since the bogus updates all the card clothes are gone. You can still but them for crowns but not everyone can affort a monthly subscription AND a million crowns. I don't know about you guys, but Wizard101 is just digging for gold.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
DgirlD wrote:
I was saving up for the ice shield outfit in DS, but ever since the bogus updates all the card clothes are gone. You can still but them for crowns but not everyone can affort a monthly subscription AND a million crowns. I don't know about you guys, but Wizard101 is just digging for gold.

I agree that they should bring it back, I remember when all the crown items could be bought with gold. I wanted them but they were to much money. They should bring them back and sell them for gold, because my Balance probably has enough to buy crown gear with gold.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
HatTrick3 wrote:
Gamma wrote:

Gamma - I can understand the change in the "fashion" in a sense, but nothing comperable in a new "fashion" has been added to replace the abilities that the special attire had to offer some of the newer players. To my knowledge they are not even offered as boss or mob drops.

Please change "fashion" as you seem fit, but at least offer comperable items in replace of the "old style" for players that did nopt make the scene in time to benefit from it.

Christo Deathgiver

Maybe not then, but I heard that Malistair drops the Astral Tunic of the Triton.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
zaqzaq11 wrote:
HatTrick3 wrote:
Gamma wrote:

Christo Deathgiver

Maybe not then, but I heard that Malistair drops the Astral Tunic of the Triton.
I think thats a rumor just like the Jade oni drops a pet I have never seen anyone with a jade Oni pet that wasnt crown bought :-( other and anyone that i ask about the old crown gear says they bought it. I really hope they make it available some time again at least a week or a day maybe put it in crown shop as special or some thing like they did with the dragon blade

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
I like the moon and star pattern and my whole school plays this game maybe i should just tell them nothing is good and stop playing thats 1789 plays you lost

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
Things change in games, that's a fact in all games. In a game with this type of payment system, if they aren't making a certain amount from the games, they change things.

Not going to get into the how and why's. If something is only crowns now and could be gotten with gold before, then you can rest assured that too many people were using gold to get it.

I'm going to refrain from getting on my soapbox. I was lucky and bought some of that old gear when it was available. My level 50 wizzy still wears some some of that level 35 gear. The stuff available now just doesn't compare, unless I want to shell out twice as much money as I paid for the set I have now.