Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Other Gift Card Questions?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Hi,

I have a couple more questions regarding the new Wizard101.com gift cards..

First off, are these cards going to be available at all Rite-Aid stores here within the United States?

I ask this because, thus far, I have checked with two different Rite-Aid stores in my area, and neither of them have any of the cards yet.

Also neither of these stores seemed able to confirm that they would even be carrying the cards, for certain.

I am hoping to purchase several of the gift cards for a friend who does not have a credit card.

There are not any 7-Eleven stores at all, where I live, which is why I am concerned about Rite-Aid.

Will all Rite-Aid stores carry the Gift Cards?

My other question is.. aside from my friend, I would also like to use some of these cards for my own character. The bonus Pets sound nice.

My own subscription is paid for a year, with my credit card. If I were to use one of these cards, would I simply be able to use it to extend my current my subscription time?

Or would using one of these cards mess up my subscription due to the fact that I am already using my credit card for payment and am already subscribed for a year?

Just wondering about these two things.

Thank You.

Explorer
May 22, 2008
You can use the cards to extend your subscription.

I am guessing that the cards have been sent out, it's just that the local store managers don't yet know about them, so they're not on the shelves yet?

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
I have a related question.

We have the family plan - 2 accts for $13.90, I believe that comes out monthly. If I was to buy one $10 card and apply it to our subscription, would we then only be billed $3.90 for one month?

Also, if I was to buy a $20 card can I put half towards the subscription and half towards crowns? Or does all funds have to go to one or the other? I'm going to Rite-Aid in a few days to look for cards and just trying to figure out what is going to work best for me.

Administrator
$10 cards can be redeemed for a 1 month ($9.95) subscription or 5 000 Crowns.

$20 cards can be redeemed for two 1 month ($9.95) subscriptions or 10 000 Crowns.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Thanks for all the information contained in both answers!

I will probably pick up two $20 cards for membership time for my friend, and a few cards for my own character then.

I just figured I might as well ask the questions while waiting for the cards to (hopefully) arrive at my local store.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Survey on Rite-Aids:

To date 4 visited

0 had the new cards
0 had any concern for the customer about this

Zero customer service.

Perhaps KI should look for someone to partner with who cares about their customers as much as they do?

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
I would like to know if members in Canada will be able to use these cards...I have lots of friends in the US who can send them to me.

Thanks

Administrator
khorne wrote:
I would like to know if members in Canada will be able to use these cards...I have lots of friends in the US who can send them to me.

Thanks

Yes, if you can get your hands on a card, you can use it from anywhere in the world.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
May 03, 2009
I live in NYC and haven't had any luck finding the gift cards! I must have called 6 Rite-Aid stores and the few 7-Eleven stores that we do have don't have them available either. :( I hope we don't miss out on this promotion!

For those of you who live in NYC, I'll keep you all up to date on this subject.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
Found 1 in a 7-11 and that was it. I ended up contacting the Corp office of Ride-Aid and got a call back and found out that in the Massachusetts area that for some reason they were not shipped out to the stores. They were going out this week and the stores should have them out on the floor by the end of next week. Hope that helps out a few of you looking.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Survey on Rite-Aids:

To date 4 visited

0 had the new cards
0 had any concern for the customer about this

Zero customer service.

Perhaps KI should look for someone to partner with who cares about their customers as much as they do?

Found 1 in a 7-11 and that was it. I ended up contacting the Corp office of Ride-Aid and got a call back and found out that in the Massachusetts area that for some reason they were not shipped out to the stores. They were going out this week and the stores should have them out on the floor by the end of next week. Hope that helps out a few of you looking.

Just an update. I have continued to check in with the two Rite-Aid stores located fairly near me. And so far, neither one of them has ever had any of the Gift Cards yet.

Apparently there are no 7-Eleven stores to be found anywhere in my state.

So it looks as though Rite-Aid is my only chance.

I can only hope that my local store will carry the Gift Cards eventually.

I would feel a bit more encouraged, if the folks working at Rite-Aid had sounded more positive when I called. They basically told me nothing.

So I guess I just wait and see. Has there been any official word on any delays or anything?

Administrator
We know you've had some trouble locating the Wizard101 Gift Cards at Rite Aid®.

We got a message from Rite Aid® that the cards are rolling out this week and will start hitting stores over the next couple of weeks.

We're sorry for the confusion, but know that you will see them very soon.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

We got a message from Rite Aid® that the cards are rolling out this week and will start hitting stores over the next couple of weeks.

Any chance of getting additional vendors to distribute these, like CVS, Walgreens, or Walmart? Walmart's can be found everywhere (at least in the US.)

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Thank You for the infomation, Professor!

Then I will continue checking at my local Rite-Aid.

Survivor
Mar 17, 2009
I live in Minnesota and there are no Rite-Aid or 7 Eleven stores anywhere in the state, or in any of the states surrounding Minnesota. Is there a way that people who don't have access to these 2 stores to have equal access to purchase these gift cards?
Perhaps allowing us to purchase them online would be an option? Or maybe try to get other stores to carry them, like Walmart, Target, Walgreens, etc.
I have 3 paid accounts, 1 for each of my children, and my plan was to use these cards as their payment for their weekly chores.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
Gamma wrote:
khorne wrote:

Thanks

Yes, if you can get your hands on a card, you can use it from anywhere in the world.

Thanks Gamma! :D

Survivor
May 30, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

i have looked everwhere but i can not find them Tdog213

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
i live in the united kingdom so i cant find them stores anywhere :( plus i really want a wizard101 givft card :( i cant find them I REALLY WANT ONE