Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Trading and Shared Bank

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
The "item" exchange system is a bit awkward. Not the window/interface itself, but rather the "rules". You can give items (clothing, etc.) to another one of your wizards, but not to someone else's. You can give treasure cards to someone else's wizard, but not another one of your own. You can't give anybody any gold (at least, I don't think so), not even another one of your wizards, but crows are automatically shared between all your wizards.

It'd be nicer if it were a bit more consistent: you can share anything between your wizards, but only treasure cards (and gold?) with others. I can imaging a concern for having a simple system for making off-school treasure cards for yourself (e.g. having your Life wizard make oodles of healing treasure cards for your Storm wizard), but then you really can always do that by making a 2nd free account, no?

I understand the reasoning behind restricting trades between different players, and I'm not suggesting that be changed. But trading between my own playings (through the Shared Bank) is oddly limited to clothing and such.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
juramirez wrote:
I understand the reasoning behind restricting trades between different players, and I'm not suggesting that be changed. But trading between my own playings (through the Shared Bank) is oddly limited to clothing and such.

I do not understand why restrict trades between players so hard. I am a player that really enjoys team playing and for that it is also important that you can give good items you cannot use to your friends. It is very disappointing to have a great Item for the school of your friend and you cannot give it to him.
Greetings
Duncan OwlHeart

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
My Life wizard has won some great Balance stuff, and my Balance wizard has won some great Life stuff. (Sometimes from the same boss!) Unfortunately, the good stuff has all been "NO TRADE". There is nothing in the game lore to explain why my Life wizard is physically unable to give my Balance wizard the great Balance deck I won from a run-of-the-mill boss. It's not like giving that deck to the Balance wizard would somehow mess up the story line for him. The deck is not relevant to his sequence of quests in any way that I can see.

I understand why they don't want to create unfair advantages for lower level wizards by allowing them to receive powerful stuff from their higher level "siblings". However, most clothing and equipment already has a minimum level requirement ("level 45+" for example). You can't use it if you are too low a level. So why the "NO TRADE" thing?

At the same time, my two high level wizards CAN give my low level Death guy many of our cast-offs to SELL. He gets a lot more money for that high level stuff than he would normally make from his own loot. As a result, he has a wealth advantage over other wizards of his level who don't have high level "siblings".

Instead of the wierd "NO TRADE" restrictions, they should make it so you can only TAKE things from the shared bank if you are a high enough level to use them. (The more powerful high level items are simply too dangerous for low level wizards to touch.) That would eliminate the possibility for an unfair advantage in either wealth or power items.

Keep the "NO TRADE" restriction only for those few occasional items that ARE specific to the storyline and the questing sequence. For example, I did an extended quest to get parts to make the Dragon Rider staff. It is important to the storyline and the questing sequence, so it should remain "NO TRADE". Most things, however, should remain trade-able but with strict level constraints.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
Okay I am a little lost on how to trade with anyone in the first place. I tried trading with my wife some items and all we could trade was treasure cards. Any help on trading gear would be great.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
juramirez wrote:
You can't give anybody any gold (at least, I don't think so), not even another one of your wizards, .

I haven't seen any way to transfer gold between wizards but you can place items you win in the shared bank and let another of your wizards sell the item in a shop. It would be easier to transfer gold but since we can't this helps.
I've also noticed that buying clothes in some colors is cheaper for boy wizards then the same item of the same color for girl wizards. I try to buy all my clothes with a boy wizard and use the shared bank to give it to my girl wizard. I save gold that way.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
well i think some things are cheaper for boys and some things are cheaper for girls because i have a friend and we went to the DS pet shop and she said yay i bought storm hound for 25 thousend and for me it was 40 thousend and for me 25 thousend for jade oni and for her 2 thousend for jade oni idk if its boy or girl or simply a ice advantage because my friend was ice

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
I don't understand why we cannot trade stuff that we won that doesn't belong to our own school. I'm a life school and seem to collect a lot of ice school garments and can't sell or trade them. So, I'm stuck with stuff I can't use and would like to trade my friends for stuff that I can use, or at least sell the stuff.
Also, what is the use of shared bank? Share with whom?