Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Laggy areas..

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
Hey all,

My search foo is weak..

So far game has been smooth real smooth on laggyness.. but in the Dragon Hatchery and the one in Mooshu that had the fires to be put out(sorry dont remember name).. They are very very laggy as in My character jerks around and well makes it hard to play... I managed to suffer threw the one in Mooshu but figured I would bring this up..

Is there anything I can do or..? It only happens in those 2 zones..
When this happens I go to different realms all the same.. I log out and go back in still the same.. I go to the commons then back still the same... I change my graphical settings to the lowest still the same.. I dont know if the zone is still loading or...

heh should have gotten some screen shots of my fighting with no battle ring or enemies not showing up or no health bars..

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
I had the same problem. It happened mainly on specific streets. Other streets seemed much better.

I finally figured out that the bug was with the new "quest helper" feature. (See that yellow arrow that appears toward the bottom of the screen? The arrow shows you which way to go to complete the selected quest, and how close you are to that destination.) I loved that feature but I had to disable it because of the bugs you describe.

In your spell book, click the tab with the gear on it to go to the game options page. At the top of that page, pick the third tab (the one furthest to the right). At the bottom of that page is the option to turn off quest helper. Turn it off and then click "ok" to make your new settings take effect.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
I had the same prob in 2 areas in Mooshu. Just deal with it. Hard I know. I did log off and crused the internet for a while and went back and I was ok. Another thing ive heard is if you have the quest helper on .... turn that off.... that lags big time in certain areas. Sometimes it could be their servers, your internet connection or something running in the background on your computer such as virus protection updating? 1 or 2 areas out of 100 areas to lag is easy to deal with. Good Luck!

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
Administrator
Some of these issues should have been addressed in the May 06th update, if you are still experiencing this, please submit a bug through contacting Mr Lincoln on the Help & Support banner on the left.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
Thanks Gamma,

I submitted a bug report just now..

I experienced the same thing today.. although the lag is not as bad as it was before..

Turning off the quest helper is still a quick fix for this..