Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question About Items (Try Not To Laugh To Much)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 03, 2009
Hey Everyone,
I feel like such a noob asking this. But I have a question for you all. I have looked around the help in the book but no avail. I have a question about items. I get increase to mana and health.

But what I am confused about is for example my hat. It has the symbols for life and resistance and +2%. What I am wondering about is, does this give me a boost to my life magic. Or is this increasing my defense against those spells.

Thanks for the info, and try not to laugh to much. .

Administrator
No one's laughing DQuartermain. There is a lot of depth to Wizard101 and you're helping others by asking this question.

Our <a href="https://www.wizard101.com/site/home5/w101playersguide/page_8ad6a4041b790501011bbde12790393c" target="_blank">Players Guide</a> may be of some help to you and I'm sure some of our players will gladly jump in to give you advice on the symbolisms.

I suspect Quizzical will be replying soon!

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
That my friend means hat is how much you resist that element. So say your hat gives you a +5% with a shield beside it, that means you resist against whatever it is 5%.

Press C for Character and you'll see hoe much resistance you have against the elements, hope it helped!
:D

Survivor
May 03, 2009
Hey Gamma,
Thanks for the post. I just feel like such a rookie asking this. I looked in the guide thanks. Still a little confused but I want to say the game rocks. Me and my wife are playing.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Most hats (and clothing items) come with a bonus to your health. These points add directly. Same with mana.

Some add to accuracy (a target symbol), damage (a hand/fist), defense (shield). They will either add a +#, which adds that number (usually to damage), or more likely a +%, which adds to your stats...for damage, it gets added as a %, just like a blade. (Defense adds like a shield...)

Some of the above might have school icons...those bonuses apply only to that specific school (most drops). Some have no school symbol and applies to all schools (most crown items).

The last one I have seen is power pip %, which adds directly to the % chance you have due to level.

Or, a few good litems also have cards...boosted in some way over the standard school spell.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
If you're confused about what a particular item does, check your character screen. The percentages show how much boost you have to accuracy (for each type of spell), damage (for each type of spell), and defense (against each type of damage). Note that the first two depend upon the the school of the spell, while the last depends on the school of the school of the damage as it actually hits you. If you equip and unequip an item, seeing how the stats change tells you exactly what the item does.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
aye

In your gear..

It will have different pictures to represent different bonuses..

The bullseye is for accuracy
The shield is for defense
The fist is for damage
The glowy pip is for increase to your power pip percentage
The heart is for increase to Incoming or Outgoing healing spells..

So for example
You have a piece of gear that adds 3%(Life Symbol)Fist.. That translates to 3% damage increase to your Life Cards..
or
You have a piece of gear that adds 3%Fist.. That translates to 3% damage increase to all your Spell Cards

Hope that hels ya

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
monscrot wrote:

The bullseye is for accuracy
The shield is for defense
The fist is for damage
The glowy pip is for increase to your power pip percentage
The heart is for increase to Incoming or Outgoing healing spells..

8)
And don't forget the cherished WHITE pip symbol with only a "+1" by it, which means it gives you an extra Pip at the start of a battle. All the Wands sold in Mooshu shops have this very useful bonus, since - if you score a Power Pip at the start - you now have a normal and a Power Pip!

Thought I should be painfully clear on that one....

Scarlet SkullHammer (Death 39, Black Cat Pet, "Shadow")
8)

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
Actually it means you get an extra pip. but based on your power pip percentage that could be normal or power. I have started off battles with two power pips.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
aye thats right about the extra pip...

there is also wands that let you start with an automatic power pip as well.. the lvl 45 wand from the visiting wizard in the shoping district...

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
A wand or staff that says +1 pip gives you one extra normal pip at the start of the battle. It cannot be a power pip. A sword (or possibly wand or staff) that says +1 power pip gives you one extra power pip at the start of a battle. This cannot be a normal pip. That's how you've seen two power pips to start a battle.