Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Killing A dead Monster!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
Ok this has happened way to many times now and I am sure it has happened to others. We kill a monster only for it to still be attacking. It isnt the but its scroll is still there with it show 0/whatever. You have to actually keep hitting it again until it dies again. This happened last night to me and a group in the chamber of fire.

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
This is a known bug in calculation of health after a damage event. KI knows about it and I assume they are working on it. Despite being annoying, it is not game-stopping, so I don't know if it is high on the priority list. Until it gets fixed, think of it as a strange side effect of using magic.

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
robsrojo wrote:
Ok this has happened way to many times now and I am sure it has happened to others. We kill a monster only for it to still be attacking. It isnt the but its scroll is still there with it show 0/whatever. You have to actually keep hitting it again until it dies again. This happened last night to me and a group in the chamber of fire.

I have seen this happen on several occasions and in different worlds where the damage they receive is within 1 point of their total health reducing them to what I can only guess is a life total of between 0 and 1 health. When it has happened to me I have been able to just hit the enemy again with any amount of damage and it dies.

This has been my experience with this but others may experience something different.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
The problem is that everybody gains one point of life back during each round of battle. A monster that has zero life but is still casting spells and fighting will have one point of life in the next round, two points after that, and so on. Some monsters might even heal themselves before you can kill them for the second time.

I am a high level Life wizard. We don't have very many attack spells in Life school. (That's another issue I'll take on later.) Wasting one of my rare attack cards to kill a monster that should already be dead is frustrating. To make matters worse, the high level wands actually offer FEWER zero pip attack cards - just five cards instead of six. We need MORE cards on high level worlds, not LESS.