Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Go First Card

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I think there should be a Go First Card that changes the order of which team is going first. Obviously the card wouldn't change the order if you were going first already and played it, but whenever your team is going last whether it started out going last or the team behind it used a Go First Card then it would be of use. Basically when someone uses a Go First Card on your team your team from then will go first until the other team uses a Go First Card to change the order again.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Hi Seasnake,

Are you a Yellow Belly, Olive or Banded Sea Snake, btw....?

Anyway, I don't play the game anymore (still help people now and then), and was bored scanning the Web, when I jumped back onto the old W101 board. I saw this post, and just wanted to make one quick reply directly to you.

I know, as you know, the First turn advantage or the programming is not going to change, this late in the game. It's just not going to happen, no matter how much people complain, or what suggestions are given.

I like your Idea, but this would take a major programming change, in the mechanics in how PVP works. W101 has never made any major changes, and so I expect that they will just ignore this, as they have ignored all other postings on the subject.

Any suggestion would have to be an easy progam fix plus would need to be low cost to W101. Otherwise, it will be ignored, as we can see, they need to keep profits high. For example the new packs were released,
before any puppets team were fixed, etc. This should be a clue that KI will not spend a lot of time and money, in changing something (like the mechanics of PVP) that would be a major cost, plus they may believe it's not really even needed.

Here is my thoughts on the First turn advantage problem, when I use to play, and I was second, I did not want to send my 8 pip spell into a shield. I didn't want to send off my 9 pip spell, if a -30 or -45 weakness was cast. I didn't want to cast my 3 to 9 pip spell into a Dispel. You see my point, I am blind going second, and cannot see like the player going first.

Here is the easy fix to this, show me what card he has selected, so I can base my spell from that. KI could do this very easily, at a very low cost in their code. They don't have to show me all the Attack cards, just the other cards that are selected.

If you like the idea, modify it and send it to KI as a suggestion.

Take care,
Joe.