Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I wish pets improved with battle experience

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
As the subject line says, I wish pets got better as you used them in actual battle. I understand the pet minigames for growing your pet, but it would be really nice if pets also improved with actual use over time.

For example, my Brave Hound I have had since level 10. In a weird nerdy way I have grown attached to him. I like the little guy. He was an amazing pet and saved my butt many times. We have spent huge hours together fighting evil. He wags his tail and howls, he's so cute. But his handy little sprite spell is the exact same after 40+ wizard levels. Time to retire the poor guy and try out new pets. Poor guy.

My recomendation (or wish) is that pet talents improve by a little tiny bit every time you bring the pet into battle. Just a very subtle improvement that would be noticable over dozens or hundreds of battles. So if you use your favorite pet lots, then they get better and better over time.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2011
I total agree. I mean, my Night Hawk is like my bestie. But nowadays, I can't really do anything with her. I love idea so i could keep my little Midnight around. She puts a Fireblade in my deck, so if we could use your idea and make her like four in. Awsome Idea. :D

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
RottenHeart wrote:
As the subject line says, I wish pets got better as you used them in actual battle. I understand the pet minigames for growing your pet, but it would be really nice if pets also improved with actual use over time.

For example, my Brave Hound I have had since level 10. In a weird nerdy way I have grown attached to him. I like the little guy. He was an amazing pet and saved my butt many times. We have spent huge hours together fighting evil. He wags his tail and howls, he's so cute. But his handy little sprite spell is the exact same after 40+ wizard levels. Time to retire the poor guy and try out new pets. Poor guy.

My recomendation (or wish) is that pet talents improve by a little tiny bit every time you bring the pet into battle. Just a very subtle improvement that would be noticable over dozens or hundreds of battles. So if you use your favorite pet lots, then they get better and better over time.
I strongly agree with what you are saying. I believe that it is ridiculous to use a pet so much, and the pet does not improve at all or get credit for use! I believe that KingsIsle should seriously consider an experience gain from battle use.

David Thundermancer 45 Diviner

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Guye17 wrote:
I strongly agree with what you are saying. I believe that it is ridiculous to use a pet so much, and the pet does not improve at all or get credit for use! I believe that KingsIsle should seriously consider an experience gain from battle use.

David Thundermancer 45 Diviner
I too agree that pets should improve over time with battle. My good pet science lvl 5 and I have spent countless hours to days to a year, maybe, working together. But alas now he is being replaced by my snake. My little ninja pig and I truly love working together, but I dont want to use my pet energy on my pet when I can use it on gardening(love to garden.)