Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

malistaire dungeon bug?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 27, 2012
Myself and my daughter were helping my wife with malistaire dungeon. We did not have the quest (as we are in the hight 30's) and she is 52. After we jumped across to her we played all the way to malistaire when my daughers laptop froze. Upon restarting it and loggting back to Wizard 101 she found herself at the enterance to the dungeon and got the message "your friend is in a full dungeon".

There was only 3 of us in the instance?
After she got bumped there was only 2

Why was the dungeon full? Even if it was, it was less than 10 minutes so SHE would of been the reason it was full and allowed to take her spot?

ANy ideas?

My wife nearly had a melt down as this is her 3 shot and trying to get through this and another 3 hours waisted due to something outside her control I.E. party leaves, party gets bumped and can't come back in.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
boyfromoz wrote:
Myself and my daughter were helping my wife with malistaire dungeon. We did not have the quest (as we are in the hight 30's) and she is 52. After we jumped across to her we played all the way to malistaire when my daughers laptop froze. Upon restarting it and loggting back to Wizard 101 she found herself at the enterance to the dungeon and got the message "your friend is in a full dungeon".

Why was the dungeon full? Even if it was, it was less than 10 minutes so SHE would of been the reason it was full and allowed to take her spot?

ANy ideas?

My wife nearly had a melt down as this is her 3 shot and trying to get through this and another 3 hours waisted due to something outside her control I.E. party leaves, party gets bumped and can't come back in.

When you log off, or in this case get bumped off the game, it resets the dungeon. This is not a dungeon that anyone can port into. Next time, each person should mark somewhere in the dungeon just in case. (And should anyway to port out/in to regain life, etc.) All 'big' dungeons are like that. Marking is the key.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
boyfromoz wrote:

ANy ideas?

Are any of you using minions or henchmen in combat? If so, they do take up a place in the dungeon and won't allow players to port in.

Also, check your privacy settings: if, at any time, you clicked "hidden to friends" or turned off your teleport access, no one can get back to you.

Also worth noting: if she got booted from the game, the game registers it as she logged out and will reset the instance. Unfortunately, that means that she will have to start over~ the good news is, plenty of people are willing to help her, if you know where to ask. ;)

I recommend an approved fan-site, wizard101central.com. Posts there don't require 12-24 hours for approval, and it's a good spot to find questing buddies. So, if a 4th teammate would make things easier for your wife (and I suggest one around her level), go for it.

Good luck!

El Veeb
archmages Shadowsong & Deathwhisper

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
I have had this problem too and so have my friends. But we didn't get bumped. We didn't use minions or henchmen. We did the trick where if you die just flee from the fight and port back. It works most of the time but sometimes it doesn't. I had this problem in the dungeon in grandmother ravens tree as well. my friend was alone and i couldn't port back to him. no one else was in the cave and no one summoned and no one hired. What gives??