Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 10-5-12

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards! It's time for another Feedback Friday, so let's just get to it, shall we?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week may favor the ladies of the Spiral, but I'm sure there are some fashionable gentlemen out there!

The fashionistas of Ravenwood would like to know... if your Wizard could sport any hairstyle, what would it be? Bouffant? Mohawk? Mullet? Something like my hair? Your choice is only limited by your imagination for this one!

I hope you have a fantastic Friday and wonderful weekend! ::grin::

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
If I could pick for my
Storm wizard: Sticking straight up all over, like it just got shocked by lightning
Death: buzz cut. No reason why, I just think it would look good on him.
Fire: A boy version of yours ,profesor!
Ice: All up in a hat.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
Definitley a mohawk and maybe some facial hair like beards and moustahes
~John Dragoncatcher Archmage Sorcerer(Soon to be bucaneer or privateer)~

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Call me bland minded, but what about a boy's hairstyle that's like really short. I mean like, so short that gravity doesnt have much of an effect on it. continuing with my theme of blandness, something realey flat, almost spherical.

Okay, if i have to do something interesting, give girls an option to have curly hair, or not. depends on whether or not you can pull it off.

I dont know much about hair, but anything like Falmea's would probably be, well, a "little" too show-offy.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hello Wizards! It's time for another Feedback Friday, so let's just get to it, shall we?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week may favor the ladies of the Spiral, but I'm sure there are some fashionable gentlemen out there!

The fashonistas of Ravenwood would like to know... if your Wizard could sport any hairstyle, what would it be? Bouffant? Mohawk? Mullet? Something like my hair? Your choice is only limited by your imagination for this one!

I can see why this would be for the more imaginative girls.

But what I'd like to see is hair with special designs. Perhaps our original color with a favorite school symbol. Doing this would probably cost crowns or a buttload of gold, but it would be worth it to have the Storm symbol on the back of my hair. :3

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Survivor
May 28, 2010
If I could have any hairstyle, it would be long light brown with blonde highlights with it straightened.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2011
There should be a mohawk ( not sure if i spelled that right -_-) that you can dye in the dye shop with stuff like green and black and silver.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2008
I'd love if there was a side braid. That would be very cute.(:
Really hope that the ability to change hair style & color is possible in the future!

Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
my character could pull of anything she could i would like to see more hairstyles in w101 just putting it out there consider it maybe have more player just guessing

Survivor
Mar 15, 2011
Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:

The fashionistas of Ravenwood would like to know... if your Wizard could sport any hairstyle, what would it be? Bouffant? Mohawk? Mullet? Something like my hair? Your choice is only limited by your imagination for this one!

I would like to see an elaborate French braid!

Survivor
Mar 02, 2011
Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
Survivor
Jan 27, 2012
Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
I love long hair, curly or straight, plain or decorated with strands of tiny braids or jewels. And we need more colors. and once in a while it would be nice to not wear a hat when we don't need to.

I would also love to see more fierce hair on the guys. Viking hair with braids and bones entwined. Even some facial hair would be cool--beards, sideburns.

Survivor
May 11, 2011
braided pigtails could be sweet. It would be nice if longer hairstyles did not get taken away by some of the hats and helm in the game. It makes the decision of a hairstyle pointless if halfway through the game you never even get to see it.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Longg curly hair with different colors, braids or mohaks .. theyy would be super awesome

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I am So glad you asked this one, Professor, Thank You!

If you set up a thing like over at Wizard101 Central we can upload images of our hair ideas. I still have mine from when we sent in our costume ideas for the contest - I had added new faces and hair on mine :)

If that's not workable here's a necessarily vague verbal list:

* love your hair, the head mistress of Pigswick, and Prof. Greyrose.
* long wavy hair to mid ribcage- divided as if under the hat was a side part
* long wavy hair to hip - center part
* long straight hair to mid ribcage - with center part
* long straight hair to mid ribcage with side swept bangs (yes you almost already have this one for the girls - but the hair in her face drives me crazy)
* long layers - that are feathery, but hang together as if neatly taken care of - side part
* short shag with the ends around ear and nape flipped out and back from face like Lisa Rinna
* short wavy hair to just below chin with side part
* short curly bob (all to one point) at chin length - with center part
* pixie cut - follows the shape of the head, exposes ears, feathery ends at nape of neck and forward at cheeks, temples, and fringe (bangs) - fringe being side swept from off center.
* short straight bob to below chin but above shoulder - with a full bang - and balanced length indicating center part.
* special additions to all the helmets that remove hair now - they could have little pony tails ...as one would irl if wearing a helmet. Ponytail to one side or pigtails over each shoulder. Like Ellie-Mae from the Beverly Hillbillies :)
* perky ponytails and pigtails with a rounded top, flip/curled end, not like the lank messy pony tail we have now Or the giant round pigtails we have now.
* Side ponytail laying over shoulder, clasped near the end like a paint brush. Leaves fullness on both sides of face behind and comes to one side. Side parted wispy bangs

Also, please make all the styles available to boys and girls the same - I already get told people cant tell if my character is a boy or girl All the Time - so why would it matter if we were all choosing from the same array of hair choices?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Here are a few suggestions:

- Pixie style, something like the former Harry Potter star, Emma Watson's new hairdo;

- a long, large, braided pony-tail, either draped over one shoulder, or just going down the back;

- lots of very long locks/curls of hair; either free-flowing over both shoulders and around the face too; or pushed towards the back in a mane-style.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
Oh! Oh man, yay!

I would want, long wavy hair (See: Veronica Lake) down to just above the waist.

Also, long barrel curls (See: Cher late '80s-early '90s)

When wearing helmets that make my wizards bald, I'd like bangs and a little pony tail to show.

Most importantly, though, please please please make it so we can change the hair of our existing wizards. If we can only get better hair on new wizards, it will seriously ruin my day. I'm not going to start my four archmages and my almost-legendary over from scratch just to get new hair, but I would pay crowns or whatever necessary to get new hair on them. Please. *begs*

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Defender
Sep 18, 2009
Long curly hair or a long braid for the girls. A crew cut for the guys. All the current boy hair styles look messy and shaggy.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Your hair, Professor, would be awesome!
As would really long flowing hair, long braids, short, spikey hair and more color choices (example, your blonde hair isn't really an accurate portrayal of blonde. How about golden hair, hair with stripes (like red stripes in brown hair) and like that. I'll pass on the mullet and mohawk though.
And how about hats that don't take away your hair? I'm tired of higher level hats with no hair showing at all. :)