Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jade Oni stealing my spells???

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
I've tried to fight Jade Oni twice already.....after a certain amount of time, my spell cards start depleting. No matter how many cards I have in my "treasure" card slots....it gets to a point to where I can only call on one or 2 of them, instead of the 8 or 9 I have in my deck. After about 20 minutes or so, the cards shown for me to use went down to 5, then to 4, then to 3, then to 2....no option to left click and delete and draw treasure cards, or to pass and get new cards. Eventually, my deck was completely depleted to nothing when the Jade Oni had about 1,000 life left. Is this a "bug" or something? Has this happened to anyone else?

Maria :D
Level 45~Life

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Moonlightvisionz wrote:
I've tried to fight Jade Oni twice already.....after a certain amount of time, my spell cards start depleting. No matter how many cards I have in my "treasure" card slots....it gets to a point to where I can only call on one or 2 of them, instead of the 8 or 9 I have in my deck. After about 20 minutes or so, the cards shown for me to use went down to 5, then to 4, then to 3, then to 2....no option to left click and delete and draw treasure cards, or to pass and get new cards. Eventually, my deck was completely depleted to nothing when the Jade Oni had about 1,000 life left. Is this a "bug" or something? Has this happened to anyone else?

Maria :D
Level 45~Life

If you use treasure cards in a battle they are gone forever. If you right click a treasure card away during a battle it goes away for the rest of that battle.

Also, take a look at your strategy. As a life wizard, I would use more regular cards than treasure cards. Stack up on prisms/converts, life blades and use your Centaurs.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2012

If you use treasure cards in a battle they are gone forever. If you right click a treasure card away during a battle it goes away for the rest of that battle.

Also, take a look at your strategy. As a life wizard, I would use more regular cards than treasure cards. Stack up on prisms/converts, life blades and use your Centaurs.

Thank you for your reply, but I think you (and probably anyone else who reads this) would miss the point...I shouldn't have even mentioned treasure cards, as I know how they work. The point is....once I get the Jade Oni down to about 1,000 life, I have ***no cards at all*** to pull...my deck is completely depleted....there is nothing at all showing on the screen. This is definitely not normal as it has never happened to me before. I was just wondering if this was something new that I have yet to encounter, or a bug. I've contacted customer support, but if I hear nothing in the next few days, I am finished with this game.

Administrator
Moonlightvisionz wrote:

Thank you for your reply, but I think you (and probably anyone else who reads this) would miss the point...I shouldn't have even mentioned treasure cards, as I know how they work. The point is....once I get the Jade Oni down to about 1,000 life, I have ***no cards at all*** to pull...my deck is completely depleted....there is nothing at all showing on the screen. This is definitely not normal as it has never happened to me before. I was just wondering if this was something new that I have yet to encounter, or a bug. I've contacted customer support, but if I hear nothing in the next few days, I am finished with this game.

This is not a bug, and this is not something support can assist you with. You are simply running out of cards. Just like playing a game of cards with a real deck, once you discard or use a card, it is no longer in your hand.

You need a larger deck with more cards in it, or you need to purchase the Reshuffle card which will place the used cards back into your deck. (or keep the Reshuffle Treasure Card in your deck, if you don't want to spend the training point)

This is probably the first boss you have encountered that was tough enough to require using all your spells.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jul 25, 2012

This is not a bug, and this is not something support can assist you with. You are simply running out of cards. Just like playing a game of cards with a real deck, once you discard or use a card, it is no longer in your hand.

You need a larger deck with more cards in it, or you need to purchase the Reshuffle card which will place the used cards back into your deck. (or keep the Reshuffle Treasure Card in your deck, if you don't want to spend the training point)

This is probably the first boss you have encountered that was tough enough to require using all your spells.

Professor Greyrose, please accept my deepest and sincerest apologies for telling you that you were wrong! :)
I guess you know this game better than i! lol For the fifth time, i went back to the Jade Oni with a larger deck, as you suggested....and by myself, i beat him! :)
I will contact customer service and leave this issue be....thank you so much for your reply, and again, my most humble apologies!