Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Porting issues

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Hi all,

I know there has been discussion about porting previously, but I have a question I haven't seen an answer to yet. I have had more than one occasion where a friend has asked me to port to them to help in a battle, but when I try I get a message "your friend is busy right now" I'm wondering what causes that message? Does it have to do with instanced areas, for example? It happened to me twice this evening with 2 friends on the same quest. I was on Krokotopia, trying my hand at an instanced area I passed up earlier and they were on DragonSpyre...if that helps.

Also, I do agree with others who would prefer to be asked before having someone port to them. I truly enjoy my friends, but sometimes I just want to get online and beat up monsters. LOL It helps deal with the frustrations of an unpleasant work day.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
3 reasons come to the top of my head.

1 is that they were in an instanced with other people, and the max of 4 was in that area.

2 is they were in an instanced that doesn't allow for others to port into it after you enter.

3 would be they were playing a fairground game.

Defender
Jan 20, 2009
Additionally, if you are in an instance with four people and one of them leaves, the game still considers the instance to be full for porting purposes.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
ok something has to be done about this friend is in full instance and cannot port to me or me them . happens when i am just standing there and i am not even doing a mission or in a dungeon or anything at all. i checked all my privacy and there good. so why does it keep saying this?! it is bugging me seriously.