Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Deathly tips

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 24, 2010
Does anyone have any tips for a death wizard for pvp? I try rank and i keep losing, got any ideas?

HunterWildCatcher Death lvl 46

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
levisteven wrote:
Does anyone have any tips for a death wizard for pvp? I try rank and i keep losing, got any ideas?

my tip for death players is to complain to Wizard101 over their incredibly lame decision to give death a 50% nerf on their enhancment cards, without that nerf death school would be as much loved as any other school

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
seasnake wrote:
levisteven wrote:

my tip for death players is to complain to Wizard101 over their incredibly lame decision to give death a 50% nerf on their enhancment cards, without that nerf death school would be as much loved as any other school

KI didn't give death a 50% "nerf". When the Sun school was introduced, Death didn't get to use the Sun damage increasing spells at all!!! And that was intended. Later, KI generously allowed Death students to enchant their spells with sun damage spells, although at a reduced rate.

Finally, the "nerf" you speak of only affects drain spells. Death students can use the sun damage enhancement spells on all the other death spells, just like all the other schools.

To the OP, from a generic standpoint....use Doom & Gloom in PvP. Your drain spells are not affected by the spell. Force your opponent to deal with the healing handicap (couple with Infection too). Also, make sure you have a way to deal with Death shields (myth mastery/Death Dots/etc). Your opponent stopping your school attacks is far worse for Death than any other school.