Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grumpy Gobblers pet game question

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
What is the point of giving out points in this game? I have noticed that it doesnt matter what your score is, you get the same amount of XP from it. It's an all or nothing game; either you knock all the blocks and get your XP or dont and get nothing. There is no difference, from what I have seen, between getting 200,000 points or 1,000,000+ points. Can somebody help me understand this?

Defender
May 24, 2012
The way you worded your question it sounds like you expect to get rewards for you when playing. It's for your pet. And the scores do count. The higher the score you get, especially if you hit the purple posts with the storm clouds and fire with fire, etc., the stronger your pet becomes. My Heckhound can now keep me alive in a duel. We worked hard for that and I'm really glad he's with me when facing some of these monsters. Check on Central and find out which pets have the powers you want. Good luck.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
dayerider wrote:
What is the point of giving out points in this game? I have noticed that it doesnt matter what your score is, you get the same amount of XP from it. It's an all or nothing game; either you knock all the blocks and get your XP or dont and get nothing. There is no difference, from what I have seen, between getting 200,000 points or 1,000,000+ points. Can somebody help me understand this?

You do not get the same XP. If you get below a certain amount, you get zero XP. It raises from there, with the total of 4 XP possible. It's not a given you will 'win' each round in this or any other game.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
yes, your pet does get XP, and does better. but ultimately, the points they assign are useless. I guess I'm just having a hard time explaining my point, which is known to happen.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2012
I'm not convinced it is "all or nothing". I'm pretty sure that once I only just cleared the level with my 9th or 10th shot, and it awarded me less than 4 XP.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
dayerider on Sep 30, 2012 wrote:
GG game needs to be changed from 10 shots to 3 at the MOST... I am 1-2 shotting these all the time. Fastest game in W101 to do.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I agree with the original poster that the scoring system seems redundant. But it is satisfying when you have a big hit and all the blocks go "bling! bling! bling!" You almost always get 4 points, even if it takes 7+ shots. Occasionally when I do surpisingly poorly I might get 3 points. After 10 shots if only one(1) block is left you get 0 points.

I have also noticed that occasionaly a block gets knocked down but doesn't "bling!" and you must shoot it again. Once a cardboard cutout flew up in the air and landed but didn't "bling", had to shoot it again.

Whenever I score over a million I feel like I should get a bonus point!. Or when I knock down the castle in one hit. I don't care though because it is my prefered mini game. Its quick and fun.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
dayerider on Oct 14, 2012 wrote:
yes, your pet does get XP, and does better. but ultimately, the points they assign are useless. I guess I'm just having a hard time explaining my point, which is known to happen.
The stats your pet gets are used in the derby races. And helpd for some talents they cast also. Hope this answers your question.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
lastdaysgunslinger, let me clarify, I don't mean the experience you get from playing, I mean the points that they count during the game.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Do a small test while playing the worse you do the less xp your pet gets.

So if it takes you 7 tries you only get say 1 xp compared to 4 or what ever level your on.

Your points are associated with tries+power shots. Less points=less xp.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
lastdaysgunslinger on Nov 3, 2012 wrote:

So if it takes you 7 tries you only get say 1 xp compared to 4 or what ever level your on.

Play the game more and you will understand the OP.

- 1 point: I have never been able to get only one point from the game.
- 2 points: only if I hit blocks intentionally with the wrong power and use 7+ tries.
- 3 points: occasionally if I mess up.
- 4 points: almost always get 4 points. Its almost hard not to.

You can get 4 points whether you knock it down in one hit (ka-zam!) or 5 hits. I find the real reward in completing it in one or two hits is it speeds up the game so you can level up your pet faster.

But I'm certainly not complaining!

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
lastdaysgunslinger on Nov 3, 2012 wrote:

The number of tries (canon shots) has no bearing on the XP your pet gets. Your xp is based on the power shot hits on the blocks.

If you destroy the entire castle except one block all in one hit (a great power shot) , then waste all your shots untill your last shot and then finish it off, you get the full 4 XP.

If you destroy the castle in three or four shots using no power shots you score 2 or 3. Its hard to do this though.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
No i understand. Just saying the points matter.

That game has been a thorn in my side, Ive gotten a grumpy warlord badge from playing it so much lol.