Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Possible that Forest Lord pet is bugged?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
I am level 62 now, and have had my Forest Lord since 58. Although he is quite generous with his spritely talent, I have yet to see him cast Life Shield which is also listed as a may cast. Anybody else out there experience this?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
pathelas69 wrote:
I am level 62 now, and have had my Forest Lord since 58. Although he is quite generous with his spritely talent, I have yet to see him cast Life Shield which is also listed as a may cast. Anybody else out there experience this?

What level is your pet?

In my experience, May Cast talents increase as the pet levels. So, if he's only a teen, he won't cast it as often as he will when he's adult or higher~ my own level 58 pet (Judge) has MC Weakness as a talent, but I never really saw her cast it until I leveled her past adult.

Remember, May Cast talents are not guaranteed~ they're a dice-roll, a chance-to-get, just like everything else in game.

Hope this helps!

El Veeb
the Archmage of Awesomeness ;)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
pathelas69 wrote:

The "may cast" talents are totally random, and I've found pretty rare with most pets. Keep training, hopefully he'll get more talents that actually work. :)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
pathelas69 wrote:

I have a cloud beast that may cast fire shield and he does seem to do this when I am fighting a fire monster but only after I have sustained the first fire spell hit.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
He is currently ancient. I think that is the term. I am working on the step that requires 1,000 pet xp. Seriously though, he has never cast life shield. not that I have seen. Really doesn't even matter if he does. Just thought that occasionally he might break out in a wookie dance and throw something. He does like to spritely me though, so that is a plus.