Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why are decks so small? I will tell you mine

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 13, 2010
This is my deck:
6 collosals
3 satyr
8 Availing hands
8 balanceblades
3 bladestorms
7 hexes
6 judgement
6 ra
3 reshuffles
6 spectral blasts (does a lot of damage you wait and see)
3 spirit shielkds
3 elemental shields
2 weaknesses

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
I'm like brwac. Lvl 35 decks. My deck:

4 colossal
2 storm lord
3 leviathan
1 sirens
3 triton
2 stormzilla
2 kraken
4 satyrs
3 wild bolts
1 insane bolt
3 storm blades
2 elemental blades
1 berserk
1 vengeance
2 tempest
1 reshuffle

Last an entire boss fight

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I have a storm wizard currently questing in MarleyBone - I keep my deck down to 15 cards or so because I fizzle a lot and do not have time for waiting for that card to come back or discarding. I need my blade in the first hand, trap for boss fights and the damage card I am waiting for the pips on, I carry one sprite in deck for emergencies and do have a spritely pet if he feels generous and helps me.

I really have never bought or used over a level 35 deck for most all my wizards because I solo so my needed cards are blades, a few traps and damage fit fine in a small deck. I currently have a Life wizard in Avalon she does carry a few extra health to all spells, a rebirth and a satyr but she would never need 7 copies of any or her spells in her deck.

It is all about how you play on how you set up your deck. I learned mid Mooshu that I needed to step up my game with gear and deck construction if I was going to continue on solo and survive with out to much difficulty.

Defender
Apr 08, 2011
aditha12 wrote:
This is my deck:
6 collosals
3 satyr
8 Availing hands
8 balanceblades
3 bladestorms
7 hexes
6 judgement
6 ra
3 reshuffles
6 spectral blasts (does a lot of damage you wait and see)
3 spirit shielkds
3 elemental shields
2 weaknesses

I truly do not understand this topic, since you're pretty much just sharing the cards in your spell deck and not saying anything about the size of them.

Defender
May 24, 2012
I'm not sure I'd call that small. Are these the cards you duel with or the ones in your deck ? There are some adept wizards in this game who only duel with 5 or 6 cards in their hand. I don't know what level you are or how successful you are with the deck you're using so I can't tell if that's "small" or not.

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
when you are doing non boss battles you want to do it quickly.
i have 2 decks,1 for boss and 1 for minnions.
the one for the boss is big but the one for minnions is 10 cards

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Most use a small deck because we are tired of a mob fight lasting 10 rounds as you discard all you "might use" cards to get your "do use" cards.
My mob deck has a couple blades, 3 collosal, 3 crows, and 1 each amplify, frank, banshee, sacrifice, prism, mass prism and a reshuffle.
Boss deck has a couple more blades, the odd single hit cards (vampire) and maybe a feint, trap and a spirit blade. I usually carry 2-3 each of frank and bone dragon for bosses, and maybe vengeance.

As for fighting mobs, I will use a double bladed collosal crow and that is it. So there is no need to carry more cards really. The extras are mainly if another wizard gets pulled into my duel.
pods

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I'm not an experienced gamer, so there was a time when I played with a full deck... My second wizard (Death) was level 58 when some nice person finally taught me about setup; unfortunately, it was already too late for my poor archmage Balance wizard, but I redid all of my mob decks based on my Death one.

Balance (80)

2 Power Nova
2 Colossal
2 trained blade
1 pet blade
1 amulet blade
1 amulet Tower Shield
1 Reshuffle

Death (77)

2 Colossal
2 Scarecrow
2 trained blade
1 Deer Knight
1 amulet blade
1 Reshuffle

Storm (62)

2 Storm Lord
2 Monstrous
2 trained blade
1 amulet blade
1 Windstorm
1 Reshuffle

Generally speaking, this setup ensures that the cards I need come up when I need them and that I don't run out of cards mid-fight.

-

A boss-deck would contain a high-rank single-attack spell, instead of the second AOE, and a few more blades.

Cheers!

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I generally carry 4-7 cards in my deck for mobs, and 7-16 for boss fights for all of my wizards.

When you learn what each school does, you can whittle down decks to the bare essentials. My Ice has 4 cards/mobs, and 8 cards/bosses. My Balance has 7 cards/mobs, and 15 cards/bosses. Death 5 cards/mobs, and 10 cards/bosses.

It all depends on how you play your wizards. By keeping decks down to the minimum of what you need, it will be more likely the card you need will show up when you need it.

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
pods1973 wrote:
Most use a small deck because we are tired of a mob fight lasting 10 rounds as you discard all you "might use" cards to get your "do use" cards.
My mob deck has a couple blades, 3 collosal, 3 crows, and 1 each amplify, frank, banshee, sacrifice, prism, mass prism and a reshuffle.
Boss deck has a couple more blades, the odd single hit cards (vampire) and maybe a feint, trap and a spirit blade. I usually carry 2-3 each of frank and bone dragon for bosses, and maybe vengeance.

As for fighting mobs, I will use a double bladed collosal crow and that is it. So there is no need to carry more cards really. The extras are mainly if another wizard gets pulled into my duel.
pods

So, the smaller the deck, the bigger the chance all of your cards will come up?

By the way, i am archmage balance

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
aditha12 wrote:
pods1973 wrote:

pods

So, the smaller the deck, the bigger the chance all of your cards will come up?

By the way, i am archmage balance

The actual deck size is not what is important it is how many spells you choose to put in it young wizard. The more spells you put in your deck the less chance you have of getting the ones up you want/need for a battle.