Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

2000 level

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I have been playing very good with my pets at the level they are now, I can see no reason to continue leveling especially with a 2000 level top. This would require more snacks and they would have to be Mega snacks or you will crawl to 2000 and take a long time to complete.
Now if the game had special snacks especially for the level 2000 and it would move you right along in leveling I might consider. For now I forget the level 2000 and leave it alone, I have been doing well with some of my pets the way they are. Plus I have no gurantee that when I finish the level 2000 that all that work would be worth the trait i would get. Might get a derby trait.
Not knocking things here just seeing it from my viewpoint. Using Level 6 and 7 snacks how long would you expect it to take for you to level a pet 2000 points? Even with the Mega snacks in the game leveling 50 points this will also take some time., plus crowns. So I just play on with my pets the way they are.
I wish the game had just made a second 1000 point level instead of 2000, so now why dont we just do away with the 1000 point level and just have the 2000? No, you would not have to buy as many snacks and spend.
I leave my pets like they are.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Exactly. Agreed. Heck, I don't even put a pet past ancient, let along epic. Mega just seems to be big pet derby's fans reward for their work. Though I hardly ever see them

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I have leveled one pet to Mega so far. It took somewhere around a week. That is only training using half my energy as the rest went to gardening.
Without Mega snacks it would be a pain, but using Megas it really isn't that tough. You can train 2x per day, and depending on energy, 4-8 trainings at a time.
Taking the conservative estimate of 40 xp per training and 4 trainings twice a day, you will have 2000 xp in a little over six days. If you are a high level wizard you can do that in half the time. So 3 days to Mega really isn't terribly bad.
No crowns needed either.
pods

Survivor
May 05, 2010
the reason they did 2000 point is cause they need to make it harder for ppl to lvl their pets up i mean if they just do 1000 agin the high lvls can lvl it up easier

Explorer
Jan 18, 2010
Darkblood1 wrote:
I have been playing very good with my pets at the level they are now, I can see no reason to continue leveling especially with a 2000 level top. This would require more snacks and they would have to be Mega snacks or you will crawl to 2000 and take a long time to complete.
Now if the game had special snacks especially for the level 2000 and it would move you right along in leveling I might consider. For now I forget the level 2000 and leave it alone, I have been doing well with some of my pets the way they are. Plus I have no gurantee that when I finish the level 2000 that all that work would be worth the trait i would get. Might get a derby trait.
Not knocking things here just seeing it from my viewpoint. Using Level 6 and 7 snacks how long would you expect it to take for you to level a pet 2000 points? Even with the Mega snacks in the game leveling 50 points this will also take some time., plus crowns. So I just play on with my pets the way they are.
I wish the game had just made a second 1000 point level instead of 2000, so now why dont we just do away with the 1000 point level and just have the 2000? No, you would not have to buy as many snacks and spend.

I got 1 pet mega without using any crowns in 3 weeks.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Darkblood1 wrote:

I am doing the same thing, just leaving my pets as they are. I agree the 2000 Mega is excessive pet training. I am also unhappy with the next level adding one less chance to get a decent talent at a lower level.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
Darkblood1 wrote:

If you are highly doubtful that your pet will not get any good talent up to mega, don't do it. For me, the mega level is strictly for pet trainers who can almost tell what will manifest in the end. The parent pet talents is the biggest factor in this case.

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
pods1973 wrote:
I have leveled one pet to Mega so far. It took somewhere around a week. That is only training using half my energy as the rest went to gardening.
Without Mega snacks it would be a pain, but using Megas it really isn't that tough. You can train 2x per day, and depending on energy, 4-8 trainings at a time.
Taking the conservative estimate of 40 xp per training and 4 trainings twice a day, you will have 2000 xp in a little over six days. If you are a high level wizard you can do that in half the time. So 3 days to Mega really isn't terribly bad.
No crowns needed either.
pods

What about the kids and people that cant just buy crowns whenever they want?

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
aditha12 wrote:
pods1973 wrote:
No crowns needed either.
pods

What about the kids and people that cant just buy crowns whenever they want?

You can get evil magma peas without crowns now. I have received several of them as a drop. Granted it is in Avalon, but they are available as a drop.
I did not buy a single energy elixir and only had about 40 energy to train per training period (2x a day).
Farm for evil magma peas, they drop the highest ranked snacks in the game and reseed at elder. Much better bang for the buck than buying mega snack packs.
pods

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
heh, obviously worthless, but it gives a chace for better stats. as for pet derby rewards, i dont need it but many others do.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I will admit that 2000 XP is taking a long time to achieve, but for my Phoenix pet, I want to see what i get. I already have:

Fire-shot (+6% Fire Accuracy)
Mana Gift (+89 Mana - mostly worthless cause I never run out of mana unless im doing a TON of battles)
Spritely
Fire Trap

What I want to get on the next level would be either Fire Blade OR Pip-0-Plenty. Either one would be helpful. I was HOPING for what I view as the perfect lineup:

Pip-o-Plenty
Spritely
Fire Trap
Fireblade
any other ability

It'll be interesting to see what i get cause this is, and unless I get a better one, will continue to be my primary pet.