Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

extra castle space elixir

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 25, 2011
I recently purchased the extra castle space elixir. I would like to know where that extra space IS! I'm not sure what I am looking for. I have three houses, so will it be in all three? If it is only in one, which one? Thanks!

Administrator
https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes#elixirs

Additional Castle Space Elixir - when you've purchased the current maximum of three houses, using this elixir will unlock another space that will let you buy another house. These are permanent and you can use as many as you like, however remember you can only own one of each type of house. This potion is Crowns only as it is a permanent expansion of what is currently available to all players.

community@wizard101.com
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Perhaps changing the name to "Space For Additional Castle Elixer" would help avoid confusion. I too purchased this thinking it would expand the available space (slots) within my existing house.

I'm gonna guess that well over 90% of wizards in this game have no need or desire to have more than 3 houses, or are even aware that there is a limit. But well over 90% wish there was more "space" available within their house. You see this elixir and think "hooray, more castle space". Great elixir, but defintely going to confuse most people who wish they could have more items in their house.

Survivor
May 21, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Sep 22, 2012 wrote:
https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes#elixirs

Additional Castle Space Elixir - when you've purchased the current maximum of three houses, using this elixir will unlock another space that will let you buy another house. These are permanent and you can use as many as you like, however remember you can only own one of each type of house. This potion is Crowns only as it is a permanent expansion of what is currently available to all players.
Are you saying you can have more than 4 houses on one wizard just as long as they are not the same house?

Administrator
ajamor on Oct 27, 2012 wrote:
Are you saying you can have more than 4 houses on one wizard just as long as they are not the same house?
You start with a max of 3 houses.
When you purchase the extra housing elixir, you open up a slot for another house.
You can then purchase (or craft) a fourth house, but it cannot be the same house as the three you currently own.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 21, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Oct 27, 2012 wrote:
You start with a max of 3 houses.
When you purchase the extra housing elixir, you open up a slot for another house.
You can then purchase (or craft) a fourth house, but it cannot be the same house as the three you currently own.
I understand this part but thank you. My Balance Wizard has a 4th castle. I bought the elixir to get the Wysteria Villa (now if only I could get Wysteria furniture.) But your previous post sounds like you can have more than 4 castles for one wizard.

Example if I wanted could I buy the elixir again for a 5th castle (or more) for my Balance wizard as long as it different from the first four?

Not that I want to, I'm currently trying to get all of my wizards out of the dorms and into castles. But your first post about the elixir had me curious because I thought each wizard couldn't have more than 3 castles, then I thought no more than 4 castles when the elixir came out. But the post sounds like we can have as many additional spaces as we like as long as no two castles are alike. This would be nice just in case I max out my alloted spaces on all my wizards and new castles come out.

Professor Greyrose on Sep 22, 2012 wrote:

Survivor
Feb 25, 2010
I am so disappointed. It should read differently. I would never have purchased it if I thought it was for buying another house. I only own one house and didn't need it. What a waste of crowns! I would like a refund or the extra space I was lead to believe I would get in my existing house.