Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I'm death, having trouble with ice in general

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
So I've made many characters and now I've got this level 50 Death, Brandon Nightcaster, I've got weaknesses, tower shields, the good stuff. I'm pretty good in pvp, even hough I can't afford to buy gear all that often for crowns. My problem, is the ice wizards, just, dominating me. I'm fine with people using treasure cards and I can understand my losing to people with judgements and wild bolts. I can't weakness or tower that judgement, it's my fault, I can't heal when that fire keeps nailing me, my fault; but ice... Am I suppose to get life's absorb? or what? I got ice shield, and even then they use an over time damage spell. They have all this health, they hit hard and over time if they want to, they have these shields, they have a 40% blade. It's too much, then they sit behind their minion, or they beat the snot out of me. I try to drain, their blades dominate too hard, I try and weakness, their wands get rid of it, I try and shield, they snow angel. They own 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4. WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO!?

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Train a dispel and use it. Not only does it block towers, blades, whatever, but if you time it correctly they don't attack you!

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
There's nothing we can do. Take it from me, a Fire, facing ice's 101% resistance, when I say that it is extremely difficult to win against any reasonably skilled ice in a 1v1. I have won a total of 2 matches out of 7 against Ices with high Fire resistance, and the matches must have taken about an hour each.

Just stack armor-piercing, Infallible, DoT's (Poison for you), and prepare for a long fight. A minion also helps to keep the shields down, that is until they use a Snow Angel. Really there's not a whole lot we can do right now, any Ice Wizard worth their salt is a Captain or higher.

I'm planning to wait until the level cap is increased with the release of Darkmoor, and hope KI does something to tip the balance away from favoring Ice.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2010
For all you fire people in pvp use elf in your deck it keeps them from shielding and it costs barely any pips or if they have just one tower shield then hound after their shields are gone I hit them really hard with efreet I understand not everybody cannot use that good of a card but then use something else and follow the same strategy I am opposed to treasure cards in pvp but go ahead and use a good tc to take th out

Hope this helped
Benjamin Dreamtamer level 58 grandmaster fire

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
ionya wrote:
Train a dispel and use it. Not only does it block towers, blades, whatever, but if you time it correctly they don't attack you!

Dispels are only useful if YOU are going first, besides an ice dispel isnt worth training because you will never know what you will face, tc ice dispels are the best but if yea xD, my ice basically dominates in pvp and at this point i am pretty unstoppable lol. I am at commander and pretty much destroying everything i my path. The only thing that can kill me is a myth or a balance. Myth can earth my shields and blades, and of course they have the shift to disable my angels, and balance wizards can defuse whenever they want, and in the end a powerful judgement takes over. And usually my duels with skilled balance wizards take an hour I: xD!

Survivor
Apr 28, 2012
What i do is just attack careless of tower shields but you can also train fire elf [if you have the training points]
to get rid of shields or just poison. I always use a powered up poison with sin spells on it if they have shields and if i have enough pips i attack them with a good wraith while the over time spells take care of the shields.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2011
Brandon Nightcaste... on Sep 22, 2012 wrote:
So I've made many characters and now I've got this level 50 Death, Brandon Nightcaster, I've got weaknesses, tower shields, the good stuff. I'm pretty good in pvp, even hough I can't afford to buy gear all that often for crowns. My problem, is the ice wizards, just, dominating me. I'm fine with people using treasure cards and I can understand my losing to people with judgements and wild bolts. I can't weakness or tower that judgement, it's my fault, I can't heal when that fire keeps nailing me, my fault; but ice... Am I suppose to get life's absorb? or what? I got ice shield, and even then they use an over time damage spell. They have all this health, they hit hard and over time if they want to, they have these shields, they have a 40% blade. It's too much, then they sit behind their minion, or they beat the snot out of me. I try to drain, their blades dominate too hard, I try and weakness, their wands get rid of it, I try and shield, they snow angel. They own 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4. WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO!?
i'm a death too but i am archmage not probs with me.