Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

new school:water!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 08, 2011
About the new apprentice spell: Wait, it's a healing school, too? Water Sprite is about double as strong as Satyr (an advanced life spell!) AND it has full accuracy, one pip, does some damage, and on top of all that, an apprentice spell?! I would say leave the healing to life and keep building on water as a damage school, and let's try to make it more equal to the others . . .

Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
how bout make a school called earth such as tornados and high powered winds and stuff like that

Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
my idea was a school called earth fire is the sorse of dragons storm is tritons ice is well idk death is the grem and myth is beast so earth school with me rock serpints

Survivor
Nov 24, 2009
This is an interesting idea, but its way to overpowered. Every school in wizard101 balances out its attack strength with its accuracy. Storm does the most damage, but its the most likely to fizzle. Life does the least damage, but the odds of it fizzling aren't likely. That's what keeps the game fair.
Spells like those would just make everyone upset who wasn't a "water wizard". I'm sorry, but its not a good idea.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2012
Suzirose wrote:
About the new apprentice spell: Wait, it's a healing school, too? Water Sprite is about double as strong as Satyr (an advanced life spell!) AND it has full accuracy, one pip, does some damage, and on top of all that, an apprentice spell?! I would say leave the healing to life and keep building on water as a damage school, and let's try to make it more equal to the others . . .

im sorry about the apprentice spell.
i made a mistake on the healling part.
it was supposed to be heal 155.
sorry you got confused.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
Yea, no offense but sounds rather bad. Sorry

Paul StormBane (77 Storm, One-in-a-Million)
Paul SilverFlame (63 Myth, PvP Knight)
Paul DragonSword (16 Death, PvP Veteran)

Survivor
Jan 08, 2012
first quest spell!
name:strike
accuray:99%
pips:0
type:water
description:break 1 negative trap or 1 negative blade.

what to do to complete quest:
1st:defeat 5 lost souls,then talk to the water kracken
2nd:talk to gamma the owl,then talk to the water kracken
3rd:collect 5 barrels of crystals in triton avenue,then talk to the water kracken.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Survivor
May 13, 2012
grvy123 wrote:
storm rules the waters
BUT it can become a side school ( maybe a few new side schools but only members of the closest school can learn them )
like tempest blade ( 0 pips 100% boost to next storm spell ) for water
or for fire lava blade ( same thing but for fire ) for lava
they're rightBUT IT CAN BECOME A SIDE SCHOOL,I agree.grvy123 is corretIt can't become a main school because 1.why do we need a nother type

2.it's copying FIRE,ICE,and STORM

3.if we NEEDED a new spell,they'ed have already done it

KATIE1431

Survivor
Jan 08, 2012
new adept spell!
name:water mage
accuray:90%
pips:2or3
description:199-250 water damage or 236-345 water damage

Explorer
Jun 08, 2011
Oh, okay, in that case I like the apprentice spell, the quest spell, and the adept spell. Doesn't there need to be a spell between apprentice and adept, and a shield spell? I was thinking the shield could be -60% next attack, but it would cost one pip to cast and have lower accuracy.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
hope u guys like my earth school idea ill be watching for replys thx

Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
adrrar on Oct 7, 2012 wrote:
This is an interesting idea, but its way to overpowered. Every school in wizard101 balances out its attack strength with its accuracy. Storm does the most damage, but its the most likely to fizzle. Life does the least damage, but the odds of it fizzling aren't likely. That's what keeps the game fair.
Spells like those would just make everyone upset who wasn't a "water wizard". I'm sorry, but its not a good idea.
ur right water school isnt powerful and yes its a good idea hopefully wiz101 gives us a chance a come up with new ideas

Defender
Mar 09, 2011
I've thought the same thing, and i think it's a wonderful idea! But... like the others have said, it is sorta copying Divination. Something more powerful than Divination? I'm all for! Again, like the others have said though, it is a little too late for something like that. However... if we manage to overcome these problems... i'm all for!

Explorer
Mar 18, 2012
Your idea is excellent, but considering it is very alike to Storm, I think Kingsisle is not very convinsed. And also, the company of Kingsisle has come all this way and made their seven schools. I am sorry but i do not think Kingsisle will start all over again to just add a school. And your going a little overboard, 95% is too much, and for their first spell its too much damage, its great power but for a level five that damage would be ok. I do not think they should go over 90%, and i even think thats too much. That would mean water almost never fizzles ... probably never.
I think i made my point.
Molly Dreamcloud, Level 34 Myth Student

Survivor
Jan 08, 2012
new 2nd quest spell!

name:archer's range
pips:0
accuray:100%
description:+5% accuray per pip for any spell from any school
school that can learn it:any

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
grvy123 wrote:
storm rules the waters
BUT it can become a side school ( maybe a few new side schools but only members of the closest school can learn them )
like tempest blade ( 0 pips 100% boost to next storm spell ) for water
or for fire lava blade ( same thing but for fire ) for lava
I agree with the side school idea!

Maybe they could have parts of each school, and then for each school create a new world, where there are streets devoted to each part. Example:

World: Stormy Sanctuary
School: Storm
Sub Schools: Water, Wind, Lightning
Streets: Seaside Street, Hurricane Blvd., Lightning's Point

Explorer
Mar 02, 2012
Water is just like Storm. The names of your Water spell ideas are like copies of the Storm Spells "Triton" and "Kraken". Besides their is a Spirit Trio of Death, Life, and Myth. Their's a Elemental Trio of Ice, Storm, and Fire. (Balance is not in any of those Trios). Were would Water even be...?

Explorer
Sep 03, 2012
Survivor
Feb 07, 2011
you are better off by saying that the schools should be named like wysteria but i dont thinks thats good either because wysteria are our rivals in the game

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
This is clearly a mixture of spells from the different schools, it needs to be balanced like the other schools are. this idea is too similar to the other schools,it needs a strong point, ice is health, fire is damage over time, storm is high damage, death is stealing life, myth is summoning minions, life is healing and balance is a mixture, i think this idea needs more time to be thought out

thanks.

Explorer
Sep 03, 2012
Angel FrostBreeze on Oct 6, 2012 wrote:
how bout make a school called earth such as tornados and high powered winds and stuff like that
They have a school of earth in Pigswick Academy

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
hmm, this COULD add a side school. maybe there can be different branches or something like water if the diviners prefer to drown their enemy without lightning which is more defensive or thunder which mainly uses lighting 'as dry as possible' for maximum damage. could be great. like nature for life or lava for fire. probably even fables or legends for myth, necromancy for death though death is pretty much already necromancy. this could add a new feature to the schools, not a new school. maybe once the new world comes up

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
natestarr98 on Nov 10, 2012 wrote:
They have a school of earth in Pigswick Academy
the schools in pigswick are copies of the ravenwood schools with a different name, earth is basically balance with a different name

Explorer
Jul 23, 2012
two problems one: storm is the water school two; the accuracy and damage are overpowered