Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-21-12

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello everyone! I'm back! Uncharacteristically, I was away visiting the cold north (in places not unlike Wintertusk), and while I enjoyed my trip, I'm certainly happy to be back where it's warm.

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

I got to thinking while I was up there - how would a Wizard survive up there in perilous conditions? So, I figured I'd poll the experts - if you young Wizards were trapped on a glacier, what three in game things (spells, pets, mounts, gear, etc) would you want with you to help you survive?

I'm pretty certain I'd want my firecat pet with me to keep me toasty... but I want to hear the creative ideas from you! Have a great weekend all! ::grin::

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
May 23, 2009
I would want to take my Blaze Beast to keep me warm, My WaterWorks gear for good resist, and my frost giant spell to protect me. :)

Survivor
Dec 28, 2010
I think i would use my gear for the cold, my mount to run away from animals that eat meat. Also i would use guardian spirit if i die. I would also use a wild fire treant to keep warmth from its fire. :? :?

Explorer
Mar 25, 2009
Hmm, If I was stuck on a glacier, I'd have my Kraken pet (To keep me company), A crate of Hotdogs, and a Krokotopian Tent!

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
Off The Top Of My Head Since I Am An Ice Wizard I Would Not Need Any Specified Supplies , But If I Was A Fire Like You Falmea I Would Take A Mander Spell To Make A Fire, A Helephant Pet For Entertainment, And A Load Of Armor None Specified

Hunter Skullblood / Michael Gianteyes

Survivor
Feb 26, 2010
Warm fury gear to stay warm like an eskimo. Ski's or canoe/raft mount i can row around the glacier, fishing pole wand (used to casting spells and fishing :P) Pic ax to create my ice house or a big tent for a house and climbing & camping gear. And a new fire spell to cast a bon fire so I can cook all the fish we caught.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
A dark redwing mount, to keep me company, warm me with its fire breath, and to carry me over the ocean as a means to escape, an aincent spear of power to fish the sea with for food, and to defend myself from anything that might attack, and, oh I'll just throw in a pet rock because I had an urge to make friends with a random inanamate object and name it Wilson.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Three items? Got it greyro- I mean falmea! Sorry, I lost track of time.

1. A Professor Falmea Bobblehead, who knows what power it contains!
2. A pet with the following talents: Fire-dealer, Fire-giver, Pain-giver, Pain-bringer, and Ice-ward. :3
3. Some "hot" looks ;D (Pun intended)

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hello everyone! I'm back! Uncharacteristically, I was away visiting the cold north (in places not unlike Wintertusk), and while I enjoyed my trip, I'm certainly happy to be back where it's warm.

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

I got to thinking while I was up there - how would a Wizard survive up there in perilous conditions? So, I figured I'd poll the experts - if you young Wizards were trapped on a glacier, what three in game things (spells, pets, mounts, gear, etc) would you want with you to help you survive?

I'm pretty certain I'd want my firecat pet with me to keep me toasty... but I want to hear the creative ideas from you! Have a great weekend all! ::grin::

3 in game things huh ( hmm if teleporting counts then i can just teleport home but nah thats no fun )

well i have ways for a couple schools

ice
spell card wooly mammoth ( for warmth and weapon )
pet snow beast ( to cuddle up with like a cute little teddy bear )
and a icey blue wyvern mount ( to get though the icey lands)

fire
spell card heckhound ( weapon and warmth )
pet blaze beast ( to cuddle up with like a cute little teddy bear )
and a lava red wyvern mount ( to get through the icey lands )

storm
spell card insane bolt ( blast away at the ice for tons of uses )
pet spark beast ( to cuddle up with like a cute little teddy bear )
and spell card leviathan for when i need to escape the glacier and need a water transport system

Hero
May 02, 2009
I would want Frozen Armor to protect me from the cold, wyldfire to help warm me up and possibly slowly melt the ice away over time and and my firecat pet lord chase to cuddle and work with me to break through the block of ice we were trapped in.

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:

I got to thinking while I was up there - how would a Wizard survive up there in perilous conditions? So, I figured I'd poll the experts - if you young Wizards were trapped on a glacier, what three in game things (spells, pets, mounts, gear, etc) would you want with you to help you survive

I would use my elemental shield I would use my chimera
pet to use its death head to cut the glacier

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
Defender
May 13, 2009
If i were on a glacier, I would want my Grizzleheim fur's to keep me warm. And of course I would want my Epic Firecat to keep me warm also. Well, for a mount I would want a swift shark so i could escape to somewhere with lots of spicy fire food!

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
Hmmm lets see hydra mount to get around it is the second largest mount so it could also scare of things and the fire head could make a fire, my pet brave hound to heal me, and my sword of kings just so when i get bored of running from things
~John Dragoncatcher Archmage Sorcerer~

Defender
Mar 02, 2009
A Melt spell (let's melt the glaciers!) a wooly mammoth pet to give it's wool and to keep me company, and a yellow teleporter to get home!

Survivor
Mar 10, 2011
Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
I as a fire archmage with a critical rating of 295 and damage of 66% could easily break out of any little glacier, and my Mega Efreet with 15% resist, 6% damage, unicorn, and spiretly could help me burst my way out.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2011
Hmm . . . I would take my deck in case there happen to be any monsters there (there probably would be. I mean, it's the Spiral, right?) If you want me to narrow that down to just one spell, it would be Fire Dragon. I would also take Patch, my Fierce Hound, for company and help in any battles, and potions!
Of course, if I could, I would just take my palace and somehow set it up on the glacier.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I'd take my Guardian Spirit in case I had any accidents, a grapes of wrath plant for food, and I'd bring forest lord along to stay warm sleeping in his furry belly, and protect me!

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
Champion
Jun 16, 2009
I would take my Ra spell (Cause its the dad of balance xD) Emma the Fierce Hound because she gives me health and mana and also Spritely. And Dragon wings. To me its the fastest "mount" ever.

Wolf Strongshield lvl 63 (Still in CL .3.)

By the way, welcome back Falmea! I feel bad for you in the cold xD

Explorer
Jan 20, 2010
Wintertusk crafted gear, it seems fuzzy, warm and cozy ^^
Dragon mount, it can make fire and hopefully fly me away by chance ^^
And i'd take my deck full of spells and treasure cards, most imporant could be Talos... would be nice to summon help now and then in case of danger :)

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
I would bring a sled pulled by hounds or a reindeer, to take me to my snowcave with hot springs in the basement. I am sure to bring my ice prism because I would be using it a lot there.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:
... if you young Wizards were trapped on a glacier, what three in game things (spells, pets, mounts, gear, etc) would you want with you to help you survive?

Well if I'm assuming we're fishing for new in game stuff ...
* Glacier Gear = a special crown set of gear that added +5% universal resist to what ever you stitched it to. But this gear is special because it's the first "hybrid gear." So it takes the single stat of the Glacier Gear Set and adds it to the stats of the item your stitching to. So if you stitch the Glacier Helm to your Green Wardens Energetic Mask lvl 80 - you'd have an item that looked like either one depending on the column you chose during stitching - but it would end up with all the Green Warden lvl 80 stats + an extra 5% universal shield.

* Glacier Beast = a new pet that's the sparkling white with light blue (icy) highlights Ice version of a Forest Lord Pet. It's ten talents are: Spritely, Spell Proof, Sharp Shot, Ice Dealer, Ice Giver, Ice Sniper, May Cast Woolly Mammoth, May Cast Melt, May Cast Tower Shield, May Cast Legion Shield. (In keeping with an ice pet.) It's Max Stats are all 350 so we can start hatching up our pets to Max Stats to bring out the new 12% talents.

* Glacier Chateau = a new house that we can port to like all others - but this is like the warmest coziest Swiss ski lodge ever. The yard is not a glacier, but it's a mix of green and snow - like a Spring melt was in progress. A frozen lake with ice fishing would be cool. But the fish would be some kind of reward like the genie or dragon in the other houses. Some way of skating on the lake would be cool. (A shwoopie feeling like when you go down the waterfall in the little Wizard City house.) None of the rustic feeling of the Winter Tusk houses. It should be all "finished" like a ski lodge would be. The yard would be wide and open for gardens and pets.

:)

Squire
Feb 29, 2012