Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafted Avalon Death gear

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I was wondering what crafted gear was best for Death in Avalon.
I have crafted the Forest Hearth boots (which I like), but have crafted the Mantle of the Wold and Robe of the Wold (I think that is the name) and I am not really sure they are better than my other gear. The hat gives a lot more critical but critical doesn't excite me much since most bosses block anyways.
Are these the best hat and robe for a death wiz?
I have the triskellion (sp?) ring as well, which gives good elemental block.

It seems that I am losing a ton of power pips and some damage.
To me it seems that the extra rounds I will have to wait to cast a spell will outweigh the added benefit of the gear.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this?
Thanks in advance,
pods

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
pods1973 wrote:
I have crafted the Forest Hearth boots (which I like), but have crafted the Mantle of the Wold and Robe of the Wold (I think that is the name) and I am not really sure they are better than my other gear. The hat gives a lot more critical but critical doesn't excite me much since most bosses block anyways.

To me it seems that the extra rounds I will have to wait to cast a spell will outweigh the added benefit of the gear.

Thanks in advance,
pods

Our lvl 75 death wizard still uses the level 56, crafted helmet and robe from Wintertusk, it's the substitute for not doing Water Works, we picked up the Sun spells (fists only) for boost in Celestia though Colossus in Zafaria's Drum Jungle that help a lot.

You are right about not being concerned with critical as into Avalon we are finding most attacks are blocked by bosses and minions too. Power pips are important or you do end up waiting too many rounds to cast say - ScareCrow.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
pods1973 wrote:

Thanks in advance,
pods

If you prefer to attack with more chances of doing criticals while also having the chance of blocking them, the Avalon gear is best.

If you value defense in terms of resist and healing boost with decent damage stats and pip chance, then the WW gear is a clear choice.

I have the Avalon gear and mixed it with the wintertusk boots. It has its disadvantages but I made it a well balanced mage by equipping it with proper wand, athame, ring and my proud onyx shenlong dragon pet. The pet gave it spritely, proof, defy, death dealer and pain giver.

Now it has the critical attack and block of the avalon gear and the resist and attack almost comparable to the WW gear. Don't be discouraged with having lost so many with the Avalon gear and try to make it a well-rounded one. Its true most Avalon bosses/mobs block critical attack but i found it best in blocking their critical too.

Still it lies on your gameplay and preferences so go where you are most comfortable. Crafting the avalon gears have all its advantages anyway because you can mix and match it with the WW gear giving you better options to play around with.

Archmages
R. Lionhand
F. Stardust
J. Winterbane
Brahm

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
The robe is good. The boots are good for pvp. I dont bother with my ww robe anymore. The extra critical is worth it IMO. Plus health boost! The hat is only good for low world boss rushing (Ex: Farming Jade Oni)

Hope I could help :]

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Thanks for the replies. I have found that now with this gear setup I am getting criticals through on bosses even in Dun Dara, some with vengeance and some natural. I actually have vengeance back in my deck. (My base critical is now like 210 I think.)
The power pip loss is my biggest disappointment, as I love having nothing but yellow pips. Although getting regular pips allows me to use feint, spirit blades and other 1 pip spells again.
I think I will wear my crafted gear for Avalon, and drop back down to my WW/WT combo for farming and helping others where block is not as important. I loved having an 80% damage boost!
I have noticed that bosses in late Avalon tend to critical about 75% of the time, so block is mandatory.
Thanks for the help!
pods