Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fairness to players:Customizable PvP

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 02, 2010
I have continuously noticed complaints about PvP in different kinds as well as different aspects of the game, and I am somewhat concerned about this. I do not think that KI should make changes only to fit certain views, but to make changes that are can make everyone happy. I wanted to suggested making Customizable PvP rather that changing specific things about things in PvP for everyone. It is unfair to say change a spell like Wild bolt because many players came on the message boards and complained. Instead, a better approach might be better to make it for certain PvP modes instead.
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/49441.ftl

Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
AaronMerriin wrote:
I have continuously noticed complaints about PvP in different kinds as well as different aspects of the game, and I am somewhat concerned about this. I do not think that KI should make changes only to fit certain views, but to make changes that are can make everyone happy. I wanted to suggested making Customizable PvP rather that changing specific things about things in PvP for everyone. It is unfair to say change a spell like Wild bolt because many players came on the message boards and complained. Instead, a better approach might be better to make it for certain PvP modes instead.
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/49441.ftl

They can't possibly make everyone happy. so they are gonna have to choose what they judge the best option.

The idea may seem good in theory but it would really be hard to make it happen. First this means changing codes and redesigning a lot of stuff. they might have to create a special server for pvp? maybe change the mechanics of the pvp match up (so people who choose a certain option can be paired up against each other)? There's the problem of how many different options are they gonna have to implement. like i said some people will always find something to complain about. so basically you end up with a potentially infinite number of changes they would have to make to accommodate everyone. See where i am going?

Bottom line, this can't possibly be doable, at least within reason. So the best option for them is to choose what would make the majority content and stick with it...