Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

gotta love this game but

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
what about after pirate101 comes out :(

both games cost membership and i love this game and all but pirate101 looks so much fun to

it just will be pricey managing both and i likely wont have much time to play both games

i have been here for couple years and i has grown attached to this game
but pirate101 looks enjoyable enough and i want to expand my wizard's skills to something besides more magic ( i will name my characters almost the same thing there as they are on here with either no last name or a similiar last name if possible )

and with the hallo' ween festivle coming next october ( ki mentioned pirate101 coming early october )
it will be confusing what to play cause i Luv the halloween quests

so what should i do
plz my brave hound is scared ( XD )

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
grvy123 wrote:

both games cost membership and i love this game and all but pirate101 looks so much fun to

it just will be pricey managing both and i likely wont have much time to play both games

but pirate101 looks enjoyable enough and i want to expand my wizard's skills to something besides more magic ( i will name my characters almost the same thing there as they are on here with either no last name or a similiar last name if possible )

and with the hallo' ween festivle coming next october ( ki mentioned pirate101 coming early october )

so what should i do

I think you could play both... play Wizard and do the free areas of Pirate (I'm assuming there will be a free 'trial' like here) to make sure you actually like it. The set up is a lot different.
There's no pressure to start Pirate101 right away, and it will probably be very, very busy at first anyway. Take your time. :)
I personally will be staying on Wizard.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
try pirate out if you like then play as priority. But try the game before you worry about it.

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
You dont need to pay for both! If you have membership on your one, you have membership on pirate101 or wizrd101

Administrator
aditha12 wrote:
You dont need to pay for both! If you have membership on your one, you have membership on pirate101 or wizrd101

Incorrect, young Wizard.
Wizard101 and Pirate101 will have separate memberships.

https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/questions

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
aditha12 wrote:

Membership fees will be separate. If you pay for membership on Wizard101 and want to play past the free play on Pirates101 you will need to pay a separate membership for that. You can only use your account name on both games not your payment arrangement.

Historian
May 28, 2009
If you do buy both game it's going to be cheaper. (10$ a month for one game)

(12$ for 2 games)

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
ELECTRIC333 wrote:

(12$ for 2 games)

i dont buy just membership
i buy crowns ( with prepaid cards )
and because the prepaid cards will more then likely have items that only one game gets
thats wizard101 prepaid cards, pirate101 prepaid cards, membership cost for both even at 12$ it adds up , and dont get me started that i also play other games that need cash ( trading card games )
i have a bit of money to manage and and everything adds up

i just need to know
@ admin greyrose is pirate101 worth all this effort ( plz Mrs Greyrose is pirate101 better then wizard101 )

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
grvy123 wrote:
ELECTRIC333 wrote:

(12$ for 2 games)

and because the prepaid cards will more then likely have items that only one game gets
thats wizard101 prepaid cards, pirate101 prepaid cards, membership cost for both even at 12$ it adds up , and dont get me started that i also play other games that need cash ( trading card games )

i just need to know
@ admin greyrose is pirate101 worth all this effort ( plz Mrs Greyrose is pirate101 better then wizard101 )

I would suggest trying the free to play areas. Whether or not it is better is an individual opinion.

Pirates is lots of fun. It reminds me of Wizzy but is different.
Megan

Explorer
May 30, 2011
well there is alot of people who prefer wizard 101 over pirate 101 by about 50% and people arent going to spend 6 month or yearly membership for wizard and pirate 101 not with the economy being as bad as it is and ki should lower there the 6 month membership to 40$ and the yearly to 50 dollars$ pogog .com charges 60$ for their yearly membership thats 20$ less the the 80$ thatki charges for their yearly membership.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Incorrect, young Wizard.
Wizard101 and Pirate101 will have separate memberships.

https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/questions
aww what? D: great more money to spend......

Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
The Stormex on Sep 22, 2012 wrote:

(12$ for 2 games)
so you save money of you play both????????????????????///

Survivor
Nov 11, 2009
I was really loving Pirate101, up until level 8.

I am a member on Wizard101 (from a gift card).

I thought that if you made your Pirate on the same acount as your Wizard, you would be a member on Pirate101, too.

Now I'm stuck, and cant play Pirate101 anymore! Can someone tell me why I am not a member on Pirates?

Survivor
Jun 20, 2012
Rachel Dreamsong on Sep 20, 2012 wrote:

so what should i do
you get 3 dollars off your wizard 101 membership if you get a pirate 101 membership which is like 7 bucks right now

Administrator
Paige Firethorn on Oct 21, 2012 wrote:
I was really loving Pirate101, up until level 8.

I am a member on Wizard101 (from a gift card).

I thought that if you made your Pirate on the same acount as your Wizard, you would be a member on Pirate101, too.

Now I'm stuck, and cant play Pirate101 anymore! Can someone tell me why I am not a member on Pirates?
It's very important to educate yourself when you begin any new game.

https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/faq/#wiz1

Will my Wizard101 Membership work for Pirate101?
No, Wizard101 and Pirate101 will have separate memberships. However, there are great ways to save if you play multiple games!

If a single account has both Wizard101 and Pirate101 monthly memberships, each game will be at the $6.95 per month pricing that is currently considered “family pricing” in Wizard101.

This means if you already have a 1 Month Membership for Wizard101 at $9.95 per month, you can add Pirate101 for just an additional $3.95 per month!

If any family/linked group of accounts has two or more 1 Month Memberships regardless of which games, those will be priced at $6.95 per month as well.For our Crowns players,

Crowns are at an account level and can be spent in both Wizard101 and Pirate101.

community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Rachel Dreamsong on Sep 20, 2012 wrote:

so what should i do
for sure there are many others in this same boat. Having 2 3 or more level 80 wizards in all the best gear with good pets. there is nothing else left to do in w101 at this time. What? train another pet thats more than likely going to fail? spend endless hours doing mirror or gardening for megas for that pet failure xxxxxx.. with pirate101 that gives some of us something to do while they work on new content for w101. so in what about a month many of us will be working on our second pirate to 50 all the good gear etc.. maxed level minions and again nothing left to do with how w101 is... then around that time w101 comes out with a new expansion! :-) that would be great ;-0 when content runs out so will people who pay to play. I would really want to see more done with crafting in w101 to be honset i.e adding stats or combining 2 items into one example. myth mastery amy + heartsteel for example etc. Secondary item slot for a second staff of buckler, the option to have no hat grafic as a stitch would be nice too!

Cheers,

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
grvy123 wrote:

i just need to know
Actually crowns are universal throughout all of the Kingsisle games and when I got the Cutthroat Bundle for Pirate101, I had the option to have the membership work for Pirate101 or Wizard101, however, the house was for Pirate101 only as well as the gear, but that was mostly because they belonged in a Pirates world, not a wizards.