Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Open chat question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
I am wondering if you have to buy a 12 month membership to unlock open chat or it doesnt matter whether you buy a 1 month or 6 month membership. (It's for a friend in real life)

Administrator
Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Prof. Greyrose, may I suggest something? Make a 12 month membership requirable for open chat since many kids put their age over 18 before they signed.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
Dont think it would matter if Kingsisle changed required steps to getting open to buying a 1ticket year sub. People would just buy the 1 year sub and I think kingsisle has done enough to let teenagers (like me) from getting open. Not trying to start a fight just stating my opinion

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
Making a 12 month membership a requirement for open chat wouldn't be fair to those who are on a limited budget and may not be able to afford to buy a whole year. For example, Me and my wife are on a limited budget and only pay monthly Subs.

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
gtafreak101 wrote:
Prof. Greyrose, may I suggest something? Make a 12 month membership requirable for open chat since many kids put their age over 18 before they signed.

Are you kidding me? I'm 54 yo and retired on disability paying for three accounts (my two and my grandson's). Obviously the grandson's is menu chat only. However, if I have to pay $120 for a year's membership (and that's if I catch it on sale) to have open chat, that's going to be one rough month for me to get through and will make me unable to also afford crowns and I do enjoy my crowns.

What difference does it make if it's a yearly or monthly membership? It won't make an age difference. It'll make a class difference. The rich will have regardless of age while those struggling go without.