Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An Idea for the Professors.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 18, 2008
Whenever I play on my storm wizard, that I've had since I started playing this game, I look at the new Wild Bolt spell and think: "What was so wrong with this spell that made them change it to what it is now?" I'm sure there was a semi-decent reason that you at Kingsisle changed it but what is that reason? You said you would listen to all the player's feedback, and from what I saw the majority of the players did not like the change. I just want an answer to the question, "Why did you change it?" It would at least put my wandering mind to rest. Another thing to at least TRY would be to just change it back to what it used to be in the test realm and listen to the player's feedback on that.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
I'll tell ya the reason, the PvPers couldn't handle the loses. Just like Guardian Spirit. PvP is another reason I quit wiz. Too many complainers. Too many whiners. But, a Garged or Colossled Wild Bolt can do some damage.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
If you are interested in the ACTUAL reasons as explained by Professor Falmea rather than gta's chip on the shoulder: https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/29883.ftl

GTA: I am also curious as to how/why someone who has quit wiz still has access to the forums and more importantly, why he/she still feels it necessary to come malign a segment of players that he/she apparently has nothing to do with anymore.

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
Ok, thank you for the link to that post FatesKin. That brought some peace to the issue, but now I have so many questions as to how what Professor Falmea said could be true or not. If they really don't like nerfing classes, why do it? So the power's a bit unbalanced, so what? It's not like the gameplay was any less smooth or any technical issues arose linked to it. Personally they should have done what another player asked in that message and just made it immune to accuracy buffs, with all the treasure cards that are "no PvP" now it would not have been harder to do than that, and the "purpose" of the spell would have been retained. The whole near 100% accuracy was clearly unfathomable considering at the time of Celestia, when bolt was nerfed, a storm could only get at the most a 26% gear boost. Add that to an unstoppable and that's only 61% accuracy. That will still fizzle way more than it should at 61%.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
FatesKin wrote:
If you are interested in the ACTUAL reasons as explained by Professor Falmea rather than gta's chip on the shoulder: https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/29883.ftl

GTA: I am also curious as to how/why someone who has quit wiz still has access to the forums and more importantly, why he/she still feels it necessary to come malign a segment of players that he/she apparently has nothing to do with anymore.

Apparently, you did not read my post. I will still be posting until my membership ends. I just love people who think they know everything.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
awesome34 wrote:
Ok, thank you for the link to that post FatesKin. That brought some peace to the issue, but now I have so many questions as to how what Professor Falmea said could be true or not. If they really don't like nerfing classes, why do it? So the power's a bit unbalanced, so what? It's not like the gameplay was any less smooth or any technical issues arose linked to it. Personally they should have done what another player asked in that message and just made it immune to accuracy buffs, with all the treasure cards that are "no PvP" now it would not have been harder to do than that, and the "purpose" of the spell would have been retained. The whole near 100% accuracy was clearly unfathomable considering at the time of Celestia, when bolt was nerfed, a storm could only get at the most a 26% gear boost. Add that to an unstoppable and that's only 61% accuracy. That will still fizzle way more than it should at 61%.

The reason that KI has to be nerfed is because game balance, especially game balance in the arena is a key issue for many players. KI tries to give schools an equal chance at succeeding and handing one school a clearly Over Powered spell would have thrown the balance out of whack. Even with celestia being released add on a +15% infallible to wild bolt and you have a 76% accurate spell with a tc infallible 81%. Tack on some accuracy boosting pet talents such as storm shot and sharp shot and even in celestia you would have a storm with the ability to cast 1000 damage nearly every turn at 88%+ accuracy.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
gtafreak101 wrote:
FatesKin wrote:

Apparently, you did not read my post. I will still be posting until my membership ends. I just love people who think they know everything.

Thats is interesting but no where in your post did you ever state said fact. All you did was come on here and blame the spirals problems on PvPers and state that was one of the reasons you are quitting the game.