Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

open world pvp/battle grounds

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 16, 2009
*grins with an evil giggle* open world pvp while i think it is a great idea being able to just walk up to some one and challenge them to a fight but at the same time it would open up a hole new can of worms oh how i would love to just walk up to some one and kill them while there in the middle of a fight rubs hands together

or maybe KI can give us a battle ground of some sort a much larger zone with little larger teams say 5VS5 in this zone there will be a fortress the goal of this battle ground will be for said teams to capture and defend said fortress
for a period of time say 10 minutes the team to hold the fort for the most amount of time wins the rewards will be arena tickets and arena ratting based on performance

how you will know that your team holds the fort is that when your team owns it there will be a flag with your teams colors nothing special simply a red or blue flag and there will be a bar of some sort kinda like an XP bar this bar will indicate how close your team is to taking over the fortress or how close you are to losing the fortress

only when both teams are fighting for the fortress will it be neutral and only when one team is victorious will the bar start to count down towards your team capturing it

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Yes and no. Having an open world PvP would cause so much controversy, that I would love to see it happen. No, because 5v5. 5v5. Now let's imagine all of the things that can happen with that.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
it does't have to be 5v5 it can be 4v4 i was just thinking a pvp battle ground with a goal other then kill the other guy would be fun