Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Water Lurkers are too hard!

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 28, 2009
I'm angry, not happy.
The monsters, the difficulty is WAY TOO off track!!
My main complain is the Water Lurkers, they should NOT have over 1900 health!!!

That's what I heard Zafaria monsters have, they have perfect reasons to have that much, but the beginning of Celestia, they should not!

Also, the quest of Stormriven Hall too, those myth monsters are a pain!
They start with too many criticals and even with friends they are nearly impossible!

All of you who done it should know exactly what I'm talking about!

I always think that I'm too weak but now I see, it's the monsters who are too hard! I can't even beat Cablooey just because of his minion!
The Shadow-Web Army is good since they are at least Possible since it is monsters of my level. They can be hard but I can at least win which means it's hard, but still good to play.

But the Water Lurker's Health NEEDs to be toned down to at most 1500.
That's how much a Stormriven Hall monster should have like Shadow-Web Mercenary.

I'm level 59 and still posting this. I feel bad for can't advancing. But those Myth fishes are simply only possible to win by miracle or if I happens to have tons of healing spells (which I don't).

So please, can you tone down the health of Water Lurkers just by a little? It's not because I don't try my best, it's that it's simply not monsters of the right level.

Reasons:

1.Water Lurkers have Orthrus which means they are considered as strong,
2.Water Lurkers have about 80% Power Pips
3. Water Lurkers have 1900 health. The same of a Zafaria monster (I've heard)
4. Compared to other monsters of the same area, they simply are too strong.
5. The first monster in Zafaria you fight have 1740 health while this monster in the Middle* of Celestia have more.

*around the middle of the storyline of the world

I shall be eternally grateful if you can change it to 1500 the best, if that's too low, then 1700 but I hope it can change a little. Thx!

Colin LegendGem, Grandmaster Conjurer

"If you are full of Imagination, you can achieve your dream as long you keep it clear and true"

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
I'm angry, not happy.

That's what I heard Zafaria monsters have, they have perfect reasons to have that much, but the beginning of Celestia, they should not!

They start with too many criticals and even with friends they are nearly impossible!

I always think that I'm too weak but now I see, it's the monsters who are too hard! I can't even beat Cablooey just because of his minion!
The Shadow-Web Army is good since they are at least Possible since it is monsters of my level. They can be hard but I can at least win which means it's hard, but still good to play.

That's how much a Stormriven Hall monster should have like Shadow-Web Mercenary.

I'm level 59 and still posting this. I feel bad for can't advancing. But those Myth fishes are simply only possible to win by miracle or if I happens to have tons of healing spells (which I don't).

So please, can you tone down the health of Water Lurkers just by a little? It's not because I don't try my best, it's that it's simply not monsters of the right level.

Reasons:

5. The first monster in Zafaria you fight have 1740 health while this monster in the Middle* of Celestia have more.

I shall be eternally grateful if you can change it to 1500 the best, if that's too low, then 1700 but I hope it can change a little. Thx!

"If you are full of Imagination, you can achieve your dream as long you keep it clear and true"

Sigh. Learn to use prisms~ if you aren't using them, it's obvious why you can't beat those Lurkers.

Also, bear in mind a few things:

1. Monsters don't have your damage boost~ they get the face value of the card, and that's it.

2. Stormriven Hall is a dungeon~ it's supposed to be tougher than a street fight, and is meant to be completed with a team. If you don't have in-game friends (and my Balance wizard didn't, either, when she completed the instance), hire a henchman to help you.

PS: My Death wiz struggled with Cablooey too~ in fact, it took him 4 tries before he was able to complete the instance. At least you don't have to worry about his shield-spamming!

3. What gear are you wearing? If these puny, little mobs are smashing you six ways from Sunday, then you need to invest in some gear with critical block and/or universal resistance.

4. Never, EVER blade when they have enough pips to earthquake; wait until they're down to no pips before you start to buff.

5. If you don't enchant your spells~ get on that, ASAP. From what I hear (my Myth wiz is only level 21), a Garg'ed Humungofrog is a conjurer's best friend. I don't care if you have to buy back all of your training points~ better you do it now, than at level 80.

6. Yes, that's higher health than /some/ Zaf mobs. But just wait until you get to Avalon...

Sounds like your strategy/gear/deck may need work~ if you can let us know what these (and your other stats) look like, we can help you figure out where things have gone wrong.

Cheers,

El Veeb
the Archmage of Awesomeness ;)

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
vonawesome1 wrote:
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
I'm angry, not happy.

Reasons:

Sigh. Learn to use prisms~ if you aren't using them, it's obvious why you can't beat those Lurkers.

Also, bear in mind a few things:

1. Monsters don't have your damage boost~ they get the face value of the card, and that's it.

2. Stormriven Hall is a dungeon~ it's supposed to be tougher than a street fight, and is meant to be completed with a team. If you don't have in-game friends (and my Balance wizard didn't, either, when she completed the instance), hire a henchman to help you.

PS: My Death wiz struggled with Cablooey too~ in fact, it took him 4 tries before he was able to complete the instance. At least you don't have to worry about his shield-spamming!

3. What gear are you wearing? If these puny, little mobs are smashing you six ways from Sunday, then you need to invest in some gear with critical block and/or universal resistance.

4. Never, EVER blade when they have enough pips to earthquake; wait until they're down to no pips before you start to buff.

5. If you don't enchant your spells~ get on that, ASAP. From what I hear (my Myth wiz is only level 21), a Garg'ed Humungofrog is a conjurer's best friend. I don't care if you have to buy back all of your training points~ better you do it now, than at level 80.

6. Yes, that's higher health than /some/ Zaf mobs. But just wait until you get to Avalon...

Sounds like your strategy/gear/deck may need work~ if you can let us know what these (and your other stats) look like, we can help you figure out where things have gone wrong.

Cheers,

El Veeb
the Archmage of Awesomeness ;)

My level 56 had no trouble, but considering that I'm Storm I shouldn't boast too much.

Anyways, as Veebs(spelling?) said, invest in gear with critical, block and universal resist. I recommend the Wintertusk crafted or Wintertusk bought. Both are good for that level and when you reach 60 you should go through Waterworks to get your gear.