Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Doom and Gloom

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 24, 2012
Ok all you astute Necromancers - Dworgyn just gave me the "Doom and Gloom" card, it puts out that shiny ring around the duel circle. I did some duels to experiment with it but I'm not totally sure I know what it does. It says -65% to (heart) spells but is that all spells cast against me or just Death spells? It just didn't seem like it protected me that much. Tell me everything! Thank you.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
quilteddawg63 wrote:
Ok all you astute Necromancers - Dworgyn just gave me the "Doom and Gloom" card, it puts out that shiny ring around the duel circle. I did some duels to experiment with it but I'm not totally sure I know what it does. It says -65% to (heart) spells but is that all spells cast against me or just Death spells? It just didn't seem like it protected me that much. Tell me everything! Thank you.

Hey there!

Doom & Gloom (D&G) cuts all healing spells by 65%. It has no practical use in PvE combat, though PvP players use it a lot~ either to cancel out the opponent's bubble, or to stop Life wizards from spamming their massive critical heals.

Hope this helps, sort of. ;)

El Veeb/ Val Deathwhisper
transcendent necromancer

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Doom and Gloom reduces all healing spells by 65%. This means that using a 400 pixie under doom and gloom would heal a wizard for only 140! It is a great spell to use in PvP since it limits your opponents ability to recover from your attacks and is the only viable counter to Guardian Spirit. Best of all in a PvP situation, your drain spells remain unaffected by doom and gloom. However in PvE it is not useful and would probably hurt you more than help.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
It reduce all healing spell effectiveness by 65%. As death You drain your health from enemies so you don't need healing yourself with other spells unlike other schools.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2012
It decreases all healing spells by 65%. Healing spells that are cast by you, your teammates, or the enemy.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
quilteddawg63 wrote:

heart spells ( healing spells ) and curse spells ( ghoul and the like )
are 2 different spells

doom and gloom makes regular heal spells be less effective
ghoul and other curse spells take away the life of a enemy but its not considered a heal

Defender
May 24, 2012
Thanks guys. I think I get it now. I was hoping it would shield me but.........
I don't do PvP so I'll put that one back in the book.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011