Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What pet is better?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
Hi, today I got a deer knight pet from the (not so) new pet pack. I already have an ancient sea dragon, which gives 5% accuracy boost, 97 health boost, and gives disarm card (remove one charm). I have already trained the deer knight pet to adult and I am wondering which is better. The deer knight gives feint and deer knight card, and chance to cast berserk. The problem is I already have the real feint and deer knight cards in my deck.
So basically I am choosing between health and accuracy boost or chance to cast berserk.
Opinions please? :D

Adam Winterheart Level 48 Master Thaumaturge

Explorer
Oct 11, 2008
In the majority of scenarios, the Sea dragon is a superior choice. Since you have everything but Berserk, the question is whether one talent is worth the entirety of the sea dragon's talents. That alone should tell you. But, in my opinion, you don't want the Berserk spell being cast randomly, as it could do more harm than good at inappropriate times.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Health and Accuracy.

Imagine this: You're down to 500 health! You're facing a boss! He is about to use a spell that does 400 damage! Your Deer Knight casts Berserk and goodnight Irine, it's over.

Survivor
May 17, 2012
8)i would go with sea dragon
adder123 wrote:
Hi, today I got a deer knight pet from the (not so) new pet pack. I already have an ancient sea dragon, which gives 5% accuracy boost, 97 health boost, and gives disarm card (remove one charm). I have already trained the deer knight pet to adult and I am wondering which is better. The deer knight gives feint and deer knight card, and chance to cast berserk. The problem is I already have the real feint and deer knight cards in my deck.
So basically I am choosing between health and accuracy boost or chance to cast berserk.
Opinions please? :D

Adam Winterheart Level 48 Master Thaumaturge

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
May Cast Berzerk is a very situational talent~ it can be your best friend, or worst enemy, depending on what type of battle you're in.

My Death wiz is in Avalon at the moment, with his deer knight, who casts Berzerk quite frequently... He has yet to die in any major battles there, as I like to buff quickly and go for a one-hit kill~ if I can't OHK, Dr. Von and Scarecrow= insta-healing! At this point, Feint is suicide... but I always keep the pet and trained ones on-hand for boss fights (especially good for Myth and Storm bosses, since you can't really blade when they're sitting on 12 pips).

That said, Val also took the deer knight into Mirror Lake with him... Horrible idea! It wouldn't stop spamming Berzerk, and he was defeated almost instantly~ when he died, I fled and switched back to my Wraith~ in that particular scenario, Death-Shot and Pip Boost seemed much safer.

-

My advice: use your common sense. If you're facing a Storm boss, you probably don't want +40% added to his already-high damage... but, if you're Death, that 30% outgoing boost could help you take that Life boss down even faster.

In general, I'd suggest keeping your deer knight around for mob fights, but shelving him for boss battles~ in that case, use your Sea Dragon instead.

Cheers!

El Veeb/Valerian Deathwhisper
transcendent necromancer/76