Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Choosing a Balance school pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
Hi everyone! I'm looking for the opinion of fellow Balance wizards, as I am trying to sort out whether I should continue to use my Judgment pet, or if I should switch over to the Chimera pet when I get it. I looked at Chimera's stats on the Wiki, and I was made a bit uneasy by the fact that 3 of its possible talents simply boost the pet's qualities (e.g. +Agility)- I don't use the pet derby, so I prefer combat talents. So, to my fellow Balance wizards, do you prefer your Judgment pet or Chimera pet?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
SporeDemigod wrote:
Hi everyone! I'm looking for the opinion of fellow Balance wizards, as I am trying to sort out whether I should continue to use my Judgment pet, or if I should switch over to the Chimera pet when I get it. I looked at Chimera's stats on the Wiki, and I was made a bit uneasy by the fact that 3 of its possible talents simply boost the pet's qualities (e.g. +Agility)- I don't use the pet derby, so I prefer combat talents. So, to my fellow Balance wizards, do you prefer your Judgment pet or Chimera pet?

I don't use either, though my Judge definitely had better stats~ she gave me a Vengeance card, May Cast Weakness, health gift, and some other thing I can't remember (it's been a while). My chimera, sadly, had all selfish talents... not one useful skill in its gene-pool.

I recently hatched my Starfish with a friend's Polar Cat~ the end result was a Polar Cat of my own, that gives me Sprite, Proof, and Pip Boost. I was devastated when she got Ice Shot at mega (I don't have an Ice wizard), but I ended up with only one selfish talent... It could have been a lot worse.

Whatever you choose, good luck!

El Veeb
archmage sorceress & pet hoarder ;)

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
vonawesome1 wrote:
SporeDemigod wrote:

I don't use either, though my Judge definitely had better stats~ she gave me a Vengeance card, May Cast Weakness, health gift, and some other thing I can't remember (it's been a while). My chimera, sadly, had all selfish talents... not one useful skill in its gene-pool.

I recently hatched my Starfish with a friend's Polar Cat~ the end result was a Polar Cat of my own, that gives me Sprite, Proof, and Pip Boost. I was devastated when she got Ice Shot at mega (I don't have an Ice wizard), but I ended up with only one selfish talent... It could have been a lot worse.

Whatever you choose, good luck!

El Veeb
archmage sorceress & pet hoarder ;)

Pet Hoarder, am I the only one that noticed that all of the school pets have GREAT talents, but never really give them? (48 and 78 pets)

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Depends. Which pet card do you like more? You can always hatch to change the talents.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
gtafreak101 wrote:

Pet Hoarder, am I the only one that noticed that all of the school pets have GREAT talents, but never really give them? (48 and 78 pets)

No, you aren't~ unfortunately, most of us have noticed that school pets (especially the level 78 ones) end up with mostly selfish talents.

As for giving useful ones, you're right that it's very hard to get them. For example, I read on Wiki that Judge can get Sprite, but I swear I'm the only one whose pet Judge didn't get that ability.

Sigh.