Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sportsmanship in pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 16, 2011
Today i was reported for using treasure cards in pvp this is not the first time it happens and i am getting tired of it. after i beat my opponent he reported me and said i was getting banned for using treasure cards. another time my opponent made was very rude using foul language because he lost and he was saying he was better than me. i am really starting to get annoyed of pvp because of people like this and the game is becoming less fun with every pvp match. is there any way sportsmanship rules can be enforced in pvp?

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
0250338 wrote:
Today i was reported for using treasure cards in pvp this is not the first time it happens and i am getting tired of it. after i beat my opponent he reported me and said i was getting banned for using treasure cards. another time my opponent made was very rude using foul language because he lost and he was saying he was better than me. i am really starting to get annoyed of pvp because of people like this and the game is becoming less fun with every pvp match. is there any way sportsmanship rules can be enforced in pvp?

Getting rid of chat would be the only way.

Let's face it, whether we like it or not mean people are everywhere on the internet. >.<

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
They are. Those false reporters, they get punished. At least thats what KI said. If KI doesnt stick to their word about that... Oh... I am gonna come to you greyrose when I lose to you in PvP!

As for those cursing like sailors, its your job to report them for using such vulgar and awkward profanity. Let alone to a stranger who is superior to them!

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
i made a deck just to annoy an ice who thought she was all that on my death so she saw she wasn't winning and all her friends got someone to come down to get me banned in 10 days cause she couldn't win. Then some one told him not to ban me and he cursed and said he was doing his job which i would love to know how his job involves banning people who did absolutely nothing wrong just cause i was using bad juju. Then he says using bad juju is just as bad as puppet teaming when its honestly not. Even if it was bad juju spam its just annoying, puppet teaming is exploiting the pvp koisk to get low ranks to kill easily for a lot of points and i hate it . Even after she was constantly re using the stupid balance spell on her boots to steal all my pips not just 3,4 or 5 and it bugged my pips it would display 4 power pips after it got bugged but earlier i had more then 6 and it took them all. Then afterward was lying telling people that i used cheat engine for a bug she created cause i used a 0 pip reshuffle after my pips were bugged and i couldn't see how many i actually had unless i strained to look at my wizards name cause the game gets cut off their and i don't even know if that was the trully accurate way of telling since they claim i used a 0 pip reshuffle.Then i was so distracted by the guy trying to ban me through my stats menu and everyone being nasty mouths since no hall monitor was there she won when she wouldn't have otherwise. I find this trully unfair and if i actually get banned i will sue for every penny i have to this cause i haven't put years of money into this game to get banned by doing absolutely nothing wrong.For a person to be banned i believe they would have to defy the terms of agreement on the website about player conduct and no where on the website does it say spamming anything is an offense and if it was half the puppet teams that spam would be banned already along with all storms, fires, and myth players. And not for anything when someone curses non stop in the chat and they get reported they should automatically muted so they learn to stop.So far everyone curses around the filters and its considered uncool if you don't too or if your reporting them cause their stupid and don't want to understand that its bad for children to hear/see it if ki puts 0 tolerance on this the stupid people will stop cursing.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
DietyOfWind wrote:
i made a deck just to annoy an ice who thought she was all that on my death so she saw she wasn't winning and all her friends got someone to come down to get me banned in 10 days cause she couldn't win. Then some one told him not to ban me and he cursed and said he was doing his job which i would love to know how his job involves banning people who did absolutely nothing wrong just cause i was using bad juju. Then he says using bad juju is just as bad as puppet teaming when its honestly not. Even if it was bad juju spam its just annoying, puppet teaming is exploiting the pvp koisk to get low ranks to kill easily for a lot of points and i hate it . Even after she was constantly re using the stupid balance spell on her boots to steal all my pips not just 3,4 or 5 and it bugged my pips it would display 4 power pips after it got bugged but earlier i had more then 6 and it took them all. Then afterward was lying telling people that i used cheat engine for a bug she created cause i used a 0 pip reshuffle after my pips were bugged and i couldn't see how many i actually had unless i strained to look at my wizards name cause the game gets cut off their and i don't even know if that was the trully accurate way of telling since they claim i used a 0 pip reshuffle.Then i was so distracted by the guy trying to ban me through my stats menu and everyone being nasty mouths since no hall monitor was there she won when she wouldn't have otherwise. I find this trully unfair and if i actually get banned i will sue for every penny i have to this cause i haven't put years of money into this game to get banned by doing absolutely nothing wrong.For a person to be banned i believe they would have to defy the terms of agreement on the website about player conduct and no where on the website does it say spamming anything is an offense and if it was half the puppet teams that spam would be banned already along with all storms, fires, and myth players. And not for anything when someone curses non stop in the chat and they get reported they should automatically muted so they learn to stop.So far everyone curses around the filters and its considered uncool if you don't too or if your reporting them cause their stupid and don't want to understand that its bad for children to hear/see it if ki puts 0 tolerance on this the stupid people will stop cursing.

I'm sorry you encountered such a rude person, but you're majorly overreacting.

When someone threatens to "ban" you, ask to see his KI Support badge. If he makes up excuses or can't show you one, he's impersonating a staff member and you should report him immediately.

(Impersonation of staff also extends to, "my brother's cousin's sister's roommate's goldfish is on the desk of someone who works at KI and I can have you banned".)

As long as you did nothing wrong- as in, you didn't retaliate or curse back at the person who was harassing you, you're fine. KI checks all chat logs, and you have nothing to worry about if you didn't break any rules.

By the way, using treasure cards in PvP is NOT a breach of the ToU, and the person who falsely reported you will be sanctioned for it by KI.

-

As for the original topic, there's no such thing as sportsmanship in PvP. Every single person I've ever played against has been a sore winner, or (the only time I won~ in a practice match, of all things) claimed that I didn't deserve it because "Balance isn't a PvP school". I have yet to hear a "hardcore" PvPer do something other than complain or bash his opponent... Sore winners are just as bad as sore losers, if not worse.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Sportmanship... and PvP.. together? BHAHAAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAH

Survivor
May 30, 2009
Yeah, it's not even just in ranked PVP. I was doing some 4v4 practice and the entire time my opponents were trash talking my team and I and gloated when we lost. I was pretty beaten because all they did was blade-stack the last person and smoke-spammed us in the meantime. I'm OK with the smoke spamming since it was practice, but did they have to express their "superiority" over my team by talking that way?

Survivor
Nov 27, 2010
Squire
Apr 18, 2010
HaHa, dude don't worry about it. Some people can't understand its just a game and they rage when they lose. I am an overlord and i have been undefeated in the past month and a half, and in that time most people rage when my team wins. All we do is, Lol more ragers.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
HaHa, dude don't worry about it. Some people can't understand its just a game and they rage when they lose. I am an overlord and i have been undefeated in the past month and a half, and in that time most people rage when my team wins. All we do is, Lol more ragers.
I am not good at PVP so when I beat a rival Diviner(I am one), I decided to friend her. But not only did she reject my friend request, but she said please go away. It really hurts when someone scolds you for winning when you have a 1 win per 7 matches.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2012
ionya wrote:
Getting rid of chat would be the only way.

Let's face it, whether we like it or not mean people are everywhere on the internet. >.<
totally agree but it does not really matter what other people say to you just ignore them and plz dont stop playing wiz 101 because some one else is being mean