Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hunger Games

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 19, 2011
I don't know if I am crazy or if this is a good idea. The new work could be like the dome thing in the hunger games. You haze to fight your professors or some thing along that line. You could add the names into wizard101 and the hairstyles. For new houses you could have the different districts.

Victoria Ghostwalker
Level 37 myth wizard

Defender
Apr 08, 2011
kara171 wrote:
I don't know if I am crazy or if this is a good idea. The new work could be like the dome thing in the hunger games. You haze to fight your professors or some thing along that line. You could add the names into wizard101 and the hairstyles. For new houses you could have the different districts.

Victoria Ghostwalker
Level 37 myth wizard

It's a unique idea, but I disagree.

~Melissa&Jasmine, Life&Ice

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
This is Wizard101. We may be futuristic but we don't look like monkeys from the capital.

The hunger games work with 24 people, 2 from EACH district.

I don't truly like this idea in general. The thought of it erks me :/

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
kara171 wrote:

Victoria Ghostwalker
Level 37 myth wizard

not sure if that would be considered copy right
but maybe they could do a thing like they did with selena gomez and have some kind of special quest line?

maybe a new area like o firecat arrow lane ( XD fire KATness)
idk

Survivor
Dec 16, 2009
I'm pretty sure that there would be some sort of copyright issue for that. The Hunger Games are also pretty gruesome and I doubt that many people would consider the content appropriate for this game.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
That would be really cool, and rake in a whole bunch of players to the game.

One: Kids game. The violence in THG is 13+
Two: Wizard game. THG is more of a real-time.
Three: I believe THG is heavily copyrighted, and KingsIsle would need a lot of permission to do something as big as that.

(Professors correct me if anything ^ above ^ is wrong.)

Survivor
Feb 19, 2011
kara171 wrote:

Victoria Ghostwalker
Level 37 myth wizard

You may notice I typed wrong in my upper comment I meant to say world instead of work and have instead of haze.

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
kara171 wrote:

Victoria Ghostwalker
Level 37 myth wizard

Hunger Games, it sounds like a different game from wizard101. Why would wizard101 want to copy Huner games?!

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
aditha12 wrote:
kara171 wrote:

Victoria Ghostwalker
Level 37 myth wizard

Hunger Games, it sounds like a different game from wizard101. Why would wizard101 want to copy Huner games?!
Hunger games is a violent book not a game. Plus its copyright and it is way to mature for a kingsisle game.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
One word: copyright.

Plus, not everyone like the Hunger Games (such as me :| )

Survivor
May 24, 2012
Jordan StormRider on Oct 21, 2012 wrote:
One word: copyright.

Plus, not everyone like the Hunger Games (such as me :| )
me too

Explorer
Mar 20, 2010
The whole point of The Hunger Games (the book) is that the Hunger Games (in the book) is barbaric-why would we want to do what they are forced to do? It is disgusting what Katniss has to go through, and it is hurting children very badly, both psychologically and physically.

I don't want to have to do the Games, because of the loss of humanity. It would be hurting children badly like in the book and I would quit Wizard101 if it was added, because it really would be vulgar and barbaric to badly hurt children like in the book. Since this game is voluntary, it would not be like we were forced to like Katniss was, and would not be morally defensible. And it would become too violent. I think it would be betraying the spirit of Wizard101.

Especially in light of recent events in the United States on Friday, I do not think that something concerning the badly hurting of children would be a good edition to Wizard101 or any game.

However, I think that this was a good idea, just not relative to the spirit of The Hunger Games (the book). Good work, but think it out a little more. I think that you are a perfectly kind person who just did not extend their logic fully and slightly misunderstood the message of the book. You are a very creative person, and continue inventing ideas.