Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Menu Chat Additions

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 30, 2011
crunkatog on Jun 3, 2013 wrote:
Seconded, I've seen menu chatters with Waterworks Warrior badge and can only barely imagine how hard it was for them to get it with the limited strategy options for menu chat.
I did waterworks with a menu chat person and it was hard to tell him to use gnome and not forest lord.

Tyler Legendfriend 70

Survivor
Oct 28, 2012
I think Menu Chat needs a major upgrade, Text Chat too. I know many players have broken the rules and "exaggerated" their age because they would like Open Chat available to them considering Text Chat is limited.

Someone recommended I did this too, but I refused because I will not break the rules for something as silly as a little more freedom in chat. If Kingsisle would add more words to both chat options, that would be very much appreciated.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Menu Chat already covers a lot of basics, but we need more options and better organization.
  • "Don't do that! You'll unlock the boss cheat!"
  • "Please shield me, I am being targeted!"
  • "This will go faster if we share blades."

And it's too hard to get to the battle strategy menu. Why hide it when we need to find it quick? Rounds are so short and people take 15 seconds just to read and respond.

Also, people are mean to players who menu chat because they're afraid they can't take directions. But we also can't give them directions, so how will they know any better? Shouldn't we be able to be friends?

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
We also need to be able to say "Please don't pass your turn!"

I have many PvP partners who join just so they can use one card (usually Fire Dragon or Yochimo), leaving me to do all the work.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
well when i didn't have text chat because i wasn't old enough for it and would see ... i would try selecting sorry i don't have text chat but they would think i got muted for some reason and a lot of people don't know the red line means their not old enough for text or don't know they cannot see typed messages so it would be nice if there was an option to say sorry i cannot see your message or maybe please stop typing to me i just see ...

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Lucas Rain on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:
Menu Chat already covers a lot of basics, but we need more options and better organization.
  • "Don't do that! You'll unlock the boss cheat!"
  • "Please shield me, I am being targeted!"
  • "This will go faster if we share blades."

And it's too hard to get to the battle strategy menu. Why hide it when we need to find it quick? Rounds are so short and people take 15 seconds just to read and respond.

Also, people are mean to players who menu chat because they're afraid they can't take directions. But we also can't give them directions, so how will they know any better? Shouldn't we be able to be friends?
"Don't do that! You'll unlock the boss cheat!"

I am positive this will come in handy in any dungeon, where a boss cheats. I was once doing waterworks with some people and one was a menu chatter. It was also their first time in waterworks. So when we got to luska or something and he tried to trap, I would just say "No" "No" "Please don't use that spell" He caught on, one way or another.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Wizgamer105 on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
"Don't do that! You'll unlock the boss cheat!"

I am positive this will come in handy in any dungeon, where a boss cheats. I was once doing waterworks with some people and one was a menu chatter. It was also their first time in waterworks. So when we got to luska or something and he tried to trap, I would just say "No" "No" "Please don't use that spell" He caught on, one way or another.
It would be such a small fix to be able to say this line, but would have such a huge impact.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Lucas Rain on Oct 4, 2013 wrote:
It would be such a small fix to be able to say this line, but would have such a huge impact.
True.
Maybe even give specific chat options, aimed at first time battling menu chatters, like Don't use any negative wards. Don't heal (well there is already one like this). Don't positive ward. Don't wand. And more.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Wizgamer105 on Oct 12, 2013 wrote:
True.
Maybe even give specific chat options, aimed at first time battling menu chatters, like Don't use any negative wards. Don't heal (well there is already one like this). Don't positive ward. Don't wand. And more.
All good ideas.

Only add-on I can suggest to this is putting these new phrases in a new directory that is easy to get to. In the heat of battle it is so hard to navigate through four levels of menu chat options to find just the right text.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
In Battle, you should have all selections instead of just battle selections.
As for additions:
Battle Orders-
Everybody, Do not attack _______.

And In plain battle-
This boss cheats.
Don't Use the ______ school.
I am trying to get a One In A Million.
This boss might be hard for you.
I am soloing this boss.
You have to do this quest on your own. (Also in normal chat)
I know how to defeat _____. Follow my lead.
This boss will be easy.
If the boss is ______, he will ____
There are good rewards for this dungeon.
Thank you for helping me.
I cannot help you right now, it will be a while.
You get the boss, I'll get the minion. (Can also be reversed)
I don't have any for normal chat, But post your own ideas!

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
critical blizzard on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
well when i didn't have text chat because i wasn't old enough for it and would see ... i would try selecting sorry i don't have text chat but they would think i got muted for some reason and a lot of people don't know the red line means their not old enough for text or don't know they cannot see typed messages so it would be nice if there was an option to say sorry i cannot see your message or maybe please stop typing to me i just see ...
please add one those from what i quoted yours and hatching like i heard in welcome to dorms sorry my timers out sorry i'm out of gold sorry you need an adult pet to hatch and do you have (insert pet name here)? and i am looking for (insert pet talent here). and i like (insert piece of gear name here) i don't like (insert piece of gear name here) thanks for reading

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I saw we added "Bee Dance" to menu chat options. I can't tell that anything else got added, so I am bumping this. I would argue many of the suggestions here are at least as important as Bee Dance...

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
Molly the Balance ... on Oct 14, 2013 wrote:
In Battle, you should have all selections instead of just battle selections.
As for additions:
Battle Orders-
Everybody, Do not attack _______.

And In plain battle-
This boss cheats.
Don't Use the ______ school.
I am trying to get a One In A Million.
This boss might be hard for you.
I am soloing this boss.
You have to do this quest on your own. (Also in normal chat)
I know how to defeat _____. Follow my lead.
This boss will be easy.
If the boss is ______, he will ____
There are good rewards for this dungeon.
Thank you for helping me.
I cannot help you right now, it will be a while.
You get the boss, I'll get the minion. (Can also be reversed)
I don't have any for normal chat, But post your own ideas!
I might consider doing a dungeon with a mute if these get added. However, as menu chat currently sits its only viable pre-50 and not in side worlds.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
So we added "Bee Dance" and nothing else that I can discern in the last update. As fun as that is, it really didn't improve the gameplay much.

The suggestions here are simple and value-added, and several people seem to believe this is needed.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2011
It would be good if they added "Sorry I do not have a adult pet."

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
adventurerpirate on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
It would be good if they added "Sorry I do not have a adult pet."
You raise an excellent point.

Menu chat players in the hatchery are very limited in what they can communicate. It would be nice to be able to say

"That might be too expensive."
"I do not have a slot available."
"I need a pet that healing talents."
"I need a pet with stat boost talents."
"I need a pet with casting talents."
"I need a pet that gives cards."

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
Lucas Rain on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
You raise an excellent point.

Menu chat players in the hatchery are very limited in what they can communicate. It would be nice to be able to say

"That might be too expensive."
"I do not have a slot available."
"I need a pet that healing talents."
"I need a pet with stat boost talents."
"I need a pet with casting talents."
"I need a pet that gives cards."
These are really good suggestions, as I see many menu chat players with baby and teen pets in the hatchery, running around wanting to hatch. With these options added, people could easily decline hatches, in a friendly & understandable way.

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
speaking of this brings reminds me of a problem people have with using menu chat to people who are not in area because regular menu chat takes up almost the whole screen sometimes and the text chat trade send away ignore report selection box is taking up some of that space so they cannot send the message they are trying to send

Defender
Feb 13, 2011
There should be more. Several times I have been doing spell quests and some of us like screen shots. A lot of the creatures you summon are in Wizard City areas where there are lots of people and there are the mutes. Even if you switch realms there are still some people. When they get on the creature I summon, I can't wait to take a screen shot. All I can say is "Go away." which seems rude but I need them to and all i keep getting as a response is "No" over and over.

Defender
Apr 05, 2012
here are my menu chats
1 sorry i am talking to a text chatter
2 sorry i didnt train for life healing
3 can you shield me please?
4 you need text chat
5 sorry i am in a dungeon
6 sorry i am busy learning a new spell
7 i am gonna solo this
8 i dont have that world sorry
9 good luck
10 wish me luck
thats all tell me what i missed or add your menu chat ideas

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
These would be AWESOME ideas! I had some, but I forgot them. :p

Defender
Jun 13, 2012
neonxgaming on May 18, 2014 wrote:
here are my menu chats
1 sorry i am talking to a text chatter
2 sorry i didnt train for life healing
3 can you shield me please?
4 you need text chat
5 sorry i am in a dungeon
6 sorry i am busy learning a new spell
7 i am gonna solo this
8 i dont have that world sorry
9 good luck
10 wish me luck
thats all tell me what i missed or add your menu chat ideas
Some of those are already there. Just worded differently.
1. Sorry, I cannot help you right now
2. I can't (response to "can you heal me?")
3. I need defenses!
4. (and suffer through the idea of reports and bad language?)
5. sorry, I am in battle right now.
6. I need to train
7. Please go away.
8. I don't have access to that location.
9. good luck (It's already in there. Look under friends or activities)
10. (This should be added)
When summer comes, Ice wizards! Hide!

Defender
Apr 05, 2012
Miranda Dreamsong on May 18, 2014 wrote:
Some of those are already there. Just worded differently.
1. Sorry, I cannot help you right now
2. I can't (response to "can you heal me?")
3. I need defenses!
4. (and suffer through the idea of reports and bad language?)
5. sorry, I am in battle right now.
6. I need to train
7. Please go away.
8. I don't have access to that location.
9. good luck (It's already in there. Look under friends or activities)
10. (This should be added)
When summer comes, Ice wizards! Hide!
lol then there would be a comedy Catogary if that 10 world was allowed

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
You're right, the bare essentials need to be included, or else it's just a joke feature. It's like trying to open a metal can with a plastic spoon. I realize KI probably doesn't make a lot of money in general from people use menu chat, but they ignore the inflexbility of menu chat at their own peril.

Please include these bare essentials in the list:
  • You need an Adult pet to hatch an egg.
  • You need a lot of gold to hatch a pet.
  • Don't hit yet, your opponent has a shield.
  • Don't use that spell, you will activate a boss cheat.
  • Save your pips so you can heal.
  • Would you like to trade treasure cards?

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Lucas Rain on May 19, 2014 wrote:
You're right, the bare essentials need to be included, or else it's just a joke feature. It's like trying to open a metal can with a plastic spoon. I realize KI probably doesn't make a lot of money in general from people use menu chat, but they ignore the inflexbility of menu chat at their own peril.

Please include these bare essentials in the list:
  • You need an Adult pet to hatch an egg.
  • You need a lot of gold to hatch a pet.
  • Don't hit yet, your opponent has a shield.
  • Don't use that spell, you will activate a boss cheat.
  • Save your pips so you can heal.
  • Would you like to trade treasure cards?
KI, why not give menu chat players a fair shake? Not giving them the ability to communicate these fairly common messages just ensures that they will have more problems than those of us who can speak plainly.