Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is it supposed to be that hard?

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 28, 2009
I'm in Stormriven of Celestia. Fighting those knights and fly head specter things. Almost every fight, I can just barely get a win with about almost no health left. Is it supposed to be that hard? I'm myth, here's my stats:

Health 2700 (27something)
Mana: 460
Energy: 69
Level: 58

27% myth attack boost
31% myth block
15 Myth accuracy boost
Critical: 46 on all schools
Crit. Block: 4 on all schools
No shield break

Have no Medusa yet since I can't enter the science place yet

Is this stat good enough for me right now?

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Try to get resist gear, Hoard Pack or Crown Items have resist. Some gives more health but just resist and power pips, one has LESS health but has good stats.

Choose wisely!

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
I crafted the WT gear. I loved it. It got me through ZF and part of AV. If you craft I would suggest looking seriously at it.

Megan

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Some fights maybe much harder than the other. Ask people to help you or find partner to to all the quests together.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Maybe it's your deck.
(PS: Can greyrose or someone move this to Celestia section?)
Put:
4 Enchantments (Max of what you can, gargantuan probably.)
4 Humongofrogs
2 pixies, replace 1 with satyr if doing GroupPlay.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
My Storm wiz is around the same level as your Myth and is having the same problems in combat. It helps to keep your deck small~ that way, the enemies don't live long enough to do any significant damage.

As far as gear goes, you're 2 levels away from being able to farm Waterworks, which still drops the best gear in-game, for all schools (my Balance and Death wizards have theirs)~ it gives you universal resist, critical/block points, and incoming heal-boosts as well, so it should help your stats somewhat.

In the meantime, you may want to look into a pet that has spell proof/defy talents (extra universal resist). My Storm wizard's starfish (from the vendor in Celestia Base Camp) gives her 8% universal resist, in addition to what resistance she has from gear, and it's a huge help! If you don't already have a pet with those talents, perhaps a friend would be willing to hatch with you. ;)

Good luck!
-veebz

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
I would suggest before doing celestia you go finish gh and do wintertusk. By the time you are out of there you will have leveled several times and have gotten your waterworks gear and your level 58 spell. The rest of celestia will be a breeze at a higher level.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
If you craft the WT gear that would give you a great advantage. It offers universal resist and school blade and trap.
Train sun school and enchant every attack to the max.
Look for gear that boosts your damage if you cannot craft the WT gear. You have a lot of room to give on manna. Some WT rings will give you damage boosts too.
In summary, you need universal resist, higher damage boost (if it is possible with myth), and enchant every hit spell.
You can pack tower shield TCs or train the spell as well to deal with the initial onslaught from the mobs while you build up pips.
Then toss enchanted and bladed frog, rinse and repeat.
Good luck
pods