Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pvp match timer

AuthorMessage
Squire
Feb 29, 2012
rustygooga wrote:
ionya wrote:
open33 wrote:
ionya wrote:
open33 wrote:
ionya wrote:
open33 wrote:
FatesKin wrote:
mollyisthebest wrote:
i think that at end of the timer who ever lost the lowest percent of health wins. ice may have 4000 health but has 2000 left he lost 50%. the opponent storm had 2500 health and has 2000 left he lost 20% health storm wins.

Unfortunately this would lead to a different kind of issue. If I knew that percentage of health was all that was required to win after 2 hours I would tank for those 2 hours then I would simply save my heals and max out my health right before the timer expires. I understand the frustration with long matches(One of my options is a tank storm and I was recently involved in a 3 hour standstill with a myth using this technique) but a timer would simply cause a larger issue. My suggestion: After a certain amount of time(2 to 3 hours or whatever) the players would be given the option of a consensual flee. In this case the player fleeing would lose no points, have no loss counted in his win/loss ratio, be able to enter the matchup system immediately and gain the losing tickets(4tickets) but the player who stuck around would gain points/rank etc as if he/she was victorious.

Lets say I pvp about 3 hours and no one wins. So I need go back to real life because I have things to do but my opponent have like 10 hours more to play and he builds on my frustration to win this fight. I don't think its fair timer will stop all the players use this technique counting that the opponent need to leave in some point. Tie is very fair answer.

If you don't have time don't PvP.

It's a general rule for all online games that if you don't have time for something that could potentially last hours and you know it could, then don't do it. Boom, problem solved.

How much time exactly is enough for you? Forever is good? I not immortal unlike you and I want to do other things besides play the whole day long. People with couple of free hours play deserve to pvp as much as those who spend days non stop playing without seen fresh air at all. Thinking about it, if this is a game for kids too its not healthy at all play so much, thus we need a timer. You probably Life or Ice wizard since they the only class who stuck you with infinite fight for nothing but time waste. No fun just complete boredom. They actually the only schools who will get huge disadvantage from timer, since their whole strategy is wasting all your time and win because their opponent got so bored that he fall asleep in the middle of fight. I like pvp and you don't have any right to tell what should I do. If you enjoy to fight endless time using your Ice or Life super healer tank, good for you. Some people like short and fun fights using actually strategy and not monotony fight that's leads to nowhere.

If you knew me, you'd know I don't have forever. In a week I get about five hours of play time in here, including the time I spend to help friends. Boom, we're knocked down to about three hours a week1

If I know how much time I can spend on here, I won't do something I know can last ages.

You know Ice's high resist and health makes a match long. You also know that Guardian Spirit makes a match long. There, if you know a match will be long, quit and find a new one. Rank isn't always everything you know.

And by the way, I'm a Storm wizard, level 77 who actually worked her way up over a period of months. If you're going to assume things, please take time to back up your reasoning. In many of my posts I sign it with Scarlet Nightdreamer, Lever ___ Diviner.

I never said what you had to do, I just said what you could do.

Now, my arguments have been made and that is that. Seeing as how you're making assumptions from nothing I'm just not going to reply anymore though.

(And don't get me wrong - I love PvP. But, if you want to win easily and quickly you make an Ice for it. My Ice has never been in a match longer then thirty minutes. XD)

This post is about limit the pvp time. I very surprised that you not support this idea if you have such a limited time to play. With pvp timer you no longer need to run away from any fight. I not complain about ice school even their resist the fight with them not takes that long as with life school. Actually I had a flawless victory against ice a month ago when I left complete untouched.
Timer will not give easy win so don't assume things too.

I'm not assuming. I know the timer won't give an easy win. That's PvP to you, gotta earn it. That, or spend money, which I do not plan on doing.

Anyways, I'm saying if you know you have a short time don't do something you know could be long.

Another reason is the fact that my computer/laptop is slow and probably wouldn't support the update. Right now Wizard101 works, but it has become very, uh, laggish, I guess you could say. If this would be added I'd have to save up money for a laptop of my own, which would take several years at the least, and I'd hate to have to pay money out of my pocket for a membership that wouldn't be used.

Short answer, if it might take long, don't do it. Managing time is a useful skill to learn in life, and if you learn it while doing this you can have fun while learning.

-I always have fun learning! :)
-To me Wizard101 isn't laggy! D:{
-Has anybody heard of the option "flee"?
-If we are doing someting that might take long and we only have a short time, like i said in the above, just flee!

The option flee doesn't always work sometimes. As said, my computer is buggish and sometimes fleeing just won't work because (shock) it freezes. XD

Good to know you have fun learning as well. Probably one of the most enjoyable experiences in real life, if you don't botch it too badly. ;)

As for my computer it could be that it's old and that it has had multiple liquids spilled over it, or it's just trolling me.

Fourth point is what I'm trying to point out. If you don't have time, and you know it, flee. I know pride may prevent this, but you rpride will be even more wounded when you get in trouble from your teacher/parents/boss.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2010
seems helpful but i can see a ice wizard spamming shields for 2 hours just to win

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Sinthar wrote:
seems helpful but i can see a ice wizard spamming shields for 2 hours just to win

Well the biggest turtles ice and life are people who have plenty of time to do so. They may use the cheapest way to win, spamming shields and heals.