Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Difficulty rapidly increasing?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
Perhaps I'm just doing something wrong, but I've just moved to the Krokopatra-area quests in Krokotopia and have noticed the level of difficulty increasing exponentially.

What was once fun and challenging has suddenly become a grind of epic proportions. I'm barely making it through each duel and have some great gear that I got from the crown shop.

Is it normal to have this much difficulty or am I doing something wrong?

Explorer
Oct 11, 2008
Well, not really. My Ice, Balance and Storm breezed through Krockotopia, though the world it'self is rather long. The monsters at the end of Krokatopia aren't even as strong as those at the end of Wizard City! (Sunken City) As for
the reason your having trouble beating them.... That's hard to say since I haven't seen you fight. But what it might be, is that your ignoring defense.
Not all crowns gear supply you with resist, and it's understandable if you don't pack those shields and pixies in your deck. But if you don't, things will be a lot harder. It also may be because your under-leveled. 15 is good at the start of Krokotopia, where 20 is good at the bulk of it's storyline. Should I be wrong, then I really don't know what it is.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
BrianWJ wrote:
Perhaps I'm just doing something wrong, but I've just moved to the Krokopatra-area quests in Krokotopia and have noticed the level of difficulty increasing exponentially.

What was once fun and challenging has suddenly become a grind of epic proportions. I'm barely making it through each duel and have some great gear that I got from the crown shop.

Is it normal to have this much difficulty or am I doing something wrong?

It sounds like you skipped Colossus Blvd. Perhaps go back and level up some more, and make sure you have the appropriate gear for your level.
I rarely have problems in Krok, and reach it around level 11-12.
FYI, crowns gear is not the best gear out there...it just costs cash.

Defender
May 24, 2012
Emilio is right on the money as far as how you fight. Different wizards have different advantages but you can maximize yourself in some other ways. What kind of wand do you carry? If you're using one from your school you end up breaking the traps you're trying to set up for an attack. I'm currently lvl 36 Death. Right now I'm carrying a fire hammer but what I really like is a Balance wand. NO ONE has shields against Balance. So why do I use fire right now? It has a higher hit number than any balance I can find at this level. And get the wands with the sparklers attached. The cards across the bottom of your deck page are the ones attached to your gear. I don't like a wand with the spell cards attached (ie; sprite, firecat, etc.) because they use my pips to cast. Sparklers cost no pips and will break a trap that's been cast onto you. Also use your other gear - amulet, knife (athame), ring, boots, etc to raise your health number. Sometimes it's good to go back to Triton or Firecat and duel lesser health while you experiment with your deck. Leaner is better, at least for me. Then the cards you really need come up more often. Good luck. Brecken Ashwalker

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
Thanks for the replies, everyone.

I didn't skip Colossus Blvd., because I remember being shocked when there were more than two enemies per duel. LOL!

The suggestion about going back to a lower level zone and fighting monsters there as I experiment with my deck is a really good one and I think I'll try that tonight and see how it goes.