Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

new pet talent system

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 16, 2009
there needs to be a new pet talent system the randomly generated stats for pets when leveled is very frustrating i think we should be able to pick and choose what stats we want for this pet to better build a pet for either pvp or pve

instead of adding to will power or agility or the other current stats we should get

accuracy
resistance
damage
pip chance
bonus inc healing
armor piercing
critical hit chance
out going healing
stun resist
block ratting
health
mana

i know my pet for my life wizard for pvp would be focused on resistance HP and inc healing and pip chance and critical ratting this new pet stat system would make leveling new pets less of a wast of time and more constructive to your wizard

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Sariana1337 wrote:
there needs to be a new pet talent system the randomly generated stats for pets when leveled is very frustrating i think we should be able to pick and choose what stats we want for this pet to better build a pet for either pvp or pve

instead of adding to will power or agility or the other current stats we should get

accuracy
resistance
damage
pip chance
bonus inc healing
armor piercing
critical hit chance
out going healing
stun resist
block ratting
health
mana

i know my pet for my life wizard for pvp would be focused on resistance HP and inc healing and pip chance and critical ratting this new pet stat system would make leveling new pets less of a wast of time and more constructive to your wizard

On the subject of suspense meaning nothing now and making the experience far more rewarding if you actually worked towards it...

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
I think it's a good idea too, but theres something not complete about i, it's too easy. What i'm saying is there should be something you work for and no that doesn't include training.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
You can get any existing talent on your pet if you work hard with hatching and lvling pets. So many people worked really hard to make the pet talent they want. If people don't want to work hard for their pet they not deserve the talents.
From KI side if we can get the pet we want so fast then less people will buy mega snacks and do dungeons to get them.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
i'm not saying it would be effortless hatching pets would still be a necessity
and i'm not saying we shouldn't have to work for a good pet i'm just saying the hole randomness about it needs to change to some thing more constructive and
if i spend 10 hours a day spending crowns and buying pet snacks and power leveling my pet i don't want a randomly generated talent

i think there needs to be a pet talent tree this tree will have tiers
each tier would only be accessible to different pet generations

tier 1 would only have first gen pet talents and you would need to hatch a new pet to get a 2nd gen pet to open the tier 2 pet talents and so forth up to what ever the max gen pet is currently in the game it would liike some thing like this

1st gen tier one
2nd gen tier 2
3rd gen tier 3
4th gen tier 4
5th gen tier 5

once you have a 5th gen pet you can pick and choose any of the talents from the tree to customize your pet to its fullest potential for what ever suits your needs whether its pvp or pve

while first gen pet can only use talents from tier one of the tree a 2nd gen pet can use talents from the first and second tiers a 3rd gen can use talents from tiers 1 2 and 3 4th gen pets would be able to use talents from tiers 1 2 3 and 4 and only a 5th gen pet would be able to use talents from all 5 tiers

this way hatching is still a necessity and people still work just as hard to get the perfect pet but this way its more constructive and this adds customization to raising your pet

on top of this to unlock certain talents such as spell defy and spell proof you would have to max out strength for spell defy and agility and strength combined for spell proof and so forth for the other pet talents

on top of that even when you get a mega 5th gen pet you will only have a certain amount of pet training points to customize your pet preventing people from having every thing so you would have to decide what talents you want before adding points to some thing and you will get 1 point per pet level
make the max pet training points 5 but if you mess up and accidentally

pick the wrong pet talent then there will be a new vendor in the pet pavilian
similar to MR lincoln who will return your pet training points for a fee of crowns making KI more money other wise you will have to hatch a new pet to get a fresh start

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
if i spend 10 hours a day spending crowns and buying pet snacks and power leveling my pet i don't want a randomly generated talent

You are actually convince KI not to change the pet system.

The truth is even with current system I see many really good pets. few of them were OP for example
defensive pet (rain beetle) 10%+5% resist, unicorn, spritely and another good talent.
offensive pet: 9% fire damage, 6% fire damage, 6% universal damage, 10% universal resist and another good talent.

I think will hate to pvp against them

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
open33 wrote:

The truth is even with current system I see many really good pets. few of them were OP for example
defensive pet (rain beetle) 10%+5% resist, unicorn, spritely and another good talent.
offensive pet: 9% fire damage, 6% fire damage, 6% universal damage, 10% universal resist and another good talent.

i still think this system would be much better and gives us customization with our pets right now its random and completely left to chance it's a gamble and i and i'm sure allot of others don't like the random gambling system other wise known as RNG now open33 i refuse to sit here and argue with you and turn this in to a rant i know for a fact that no matter what i post you will be there to disagree with every thing i say so lets not do that

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Sariana1337 wrote:

accuracy
resistance
damage
pip chance
bonus inc healing
armor piercing
critical hit chance
out going healing
stun resist
block ratting
health
mana

Agreed. 100% Agreed, A talent system for us to pick is needed badly or this game will become a time sink and will quickly lose its luster like many other games out there.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Sariana1337 wrote:
open33 wrote:

i still think this system would be much better and gives us customization with our pets right now its random and completely left to chance it's a gamble and i and i'm sure allot of others don't like the random gambling system other wise known as RNG now open33 i refuse to sit here and argue with you and turn this in to a rant i know for a fact that no matter what i post you will be there to disagree with every thing i say so lets not do that

Its not takes much effort to think about how to make pet training easier. The hard thing is to have idea how to make it balanced and avoid lots of OP pets hanging around.
Your ideas mostly about how to make your life wizard stronger at pvp. Everything I saw so far pointing to that direction.
People spending months training pets to get what they need not complaining and not add shortcuts to the game, but you want everything and fast.

I quote here Professor Lydia Greyrose
". . . with Persistence, Victory is assured"

and I will add "with laziness losing is assured"

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
I would have to add to that quote;

To use all ones time on a video game will amount to obesity and no life .