Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

WinterTusk

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 26, 2009
Hi, i am currently lvl 77 balance wizard, i want to get my lvl 72, 75, and 80 spells, i havent got any quest to acutally get the spells. I have read that you must complete wintertusk ONLY then you can get your spells. So if i finish winterutsk, will i get a bubble on the side with a face right away? or do i have to lvl up to see that bubble so i can get my quest? And how long does Wintertusk take? How many areas? I havent started grizzle yet, so can anyone help me out how long it would take to get to wintertusk and finishing it?

Explorer
Feb 12, 2011
Marsin123 wrote:
Hi, i am currently lvl 77 balance wizard, i want to get my lvl 72, 75, and 80 spells, i havent got any quest to acutally get the spells. I have read that you must complete wintertusk ONLY then you can get your spells. So if i finish winterutsk, will i get a bubble on the side with a face right away? or do i have to lvl up to see that bubble so i can get my quest? And how long does Wintertusk take? How many areas? I havent started grizzle yet, so can anyone help me out how long it would take to get to wintertusk and finishing it?

Seeing that you are a lvl 77, I would think you would be able to blow through GH and WT in no time. GH is built for levels 20-40, and WT is for levels 40+. WT has 5 areas - and one final dungeon (you don't need to finish the dungeon to finish the quest line) With a friend, I have been able to complete WT in a weekend.

If you haven't done GH at all, you will probably need to complete your level 35 and level 55 spell quests (35 in GH and 55 in WT) and THEN you should be able to unlock your AV spells. Also, WT will give you your level 58 pet quest, which will allow you get your level 78 pet as well.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2009
Thanks, so basically you beat WT + GH in just a weekend? - (2 days). How long did you play for, i can only play like 3 -4 hours a day.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2009
And how long does GH take? from the begging all the way to WT? and is WT the last area in all of GH?

What are the orders of areas?

like raven scare, then WT....

Thanks

Explorer
Feb 12, 2011

It is hard for me to tell someone how long an area takes - I like to do the side quests, so it will take me longer than other people who stick just to the main quest line. I have done just WT (not including GH) in a weekend, probably playing 5-7 hrs total in a day (with breaks for real life, but a mission to accomplish the area, and the will to stay up past my bedtime!) I did have a friend who helped me, and committed to a weekend full of meet ups to help - so that helped to speed it up also.

These links should help you understand the areas of GH and WT.
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:Grizzleheim
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44879

WT is it's own world that you unlock AFTER you finish with GH - with 5 areas for each world.

For example, in the first area of GH (designed for level 20s), the enemies are like rank 3 - maybe 300-400 health for mobs? An unbladed sandstorm from a level 77 should take them out no problem - so the mobs will be fast kill for someone your level - a friend would be good if only to pull more into the fight, so you can collect faster. Just think of it like farming!

Couple bosses to look out for - Jotun is the first one I can think of - and the guides on Central will be helpful in preparing you for those - still for a level 77? no problem.

By the time you get to WT the mobs still have less than 2K health. After fighting in AV, they (again) really won't be a problem for you.

If you want to send me a message on Central (my user is AmyMoonPetal on central), I can try to help you out. I have a level 78 fire that is great for WT (lots of ice enemies in there).

~Amy

Survivor
Sep 26, 2009