Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's the little spark/wisp thingy??

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 05, 2011
Welcome all.

It has been on my mind for a while now but I've been wondering...

What's the little sparky/wispy thing called? I mean the sort of wisp that flies around your wizard, I've seen people with 1-2 on them and I'm desperate to know how to get one :)

Thanks for help and happy wizarding!!

Cat WinterHeart

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
IKL626 wrote:
Welcome all.

It has been on my mind for a while now but I've been wondering...

What's the little sparky/wispy thing called? I mean the sort of wisp that flies around your wizard, I've seen people with 1-2 on them and I'm desperate to know how to get one :)

Thanks for help and happy wizarding!!

Cat WinterHeart

You might be talking about the "mastery amulets". You can get one of these for your "secondary school". When someone is wearing this amulet, you can see the wisps floating around them.

The announcement for the New School Master Amulets was here:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/news/april2011

And here is an example of some information from one of the fansites for the Storm School mastery amulet:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Storm_Mastery_Amulet

Hope this helps.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
O my god i know what you mean not the pips or power pips but the orange/bronzeish looking balls that fly around the wizard going from there feet too there heads following a pattern. idk what its called though XD
~John Dragoncatcher Archmage Sorcerer~

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
I think I know what you mean. I believe it's an effect from certain amulets, such as the Life Mastery Amulet.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Defender
Apr 08, 2011
It's the Mastery Amulets found in the crown shop. They allow you to use power pips for 2 schools instead of one. If you have a life one, it's a green wisp. Balance, it's a tan wisp. Etc. :]

~Melissa&Jasmine, Life&Ice

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
the tiny wisps that orbit wizards are from school mastery amulets. They look cool and let other wizards know which mastery amulet you are wearing. For example: If you aren't a life wizard, but have on a life mastery amulet, your power pips count as two pip for life spells as well as your own school's spells. Without a life mastery amulet life spells, cast by a non life wizard, use power pips as if they were a normal pip. A life mastery amulet causes two green wisps to travel around the wearer.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2012
Du you mean the wisps
The blue ones give you mana and the red ones give you health.

Hope Ive helped you!!

Defender
May 24, 2012
Mastery Amulets are from the Crown Shop. The Fire Amulet, for instance, is for giving power pips every time a fire spell is cast. However.....a Fire Wizard is not allowed to wear it. The best thing to do is wear the one that will boost your secondary school or your wand. So....I'm a Necromancer, my secondary is Fire and I carry a Balance wand. I'm about to buy the Balance Amulet so that I will get a power pip every time I cast a sparkler (the cards across the bottom of your deck page are attached to your gear and I like a wand with sparklers instead of cards). Since casting a sparkler costs me NO pips, I gain 3. I hope this makes sense.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
quilteddawg63 wrote:
Mastery Amulets are from the Crown Shop. The Fire Amulet, for instance, is for giving power pips every time a fire spell is cast. However.....a Fire Wizard is not allowed to wear it. The best thing to do is wear the one that will boost your secondary school or your wand. So....I'm a Necromancer, my secondary is Fire and I carry a Balance wand. I'm about to buy the Balance Amulet so that I will get a power pip every time I cast a sparkler (the cards across the bottom of your deck page are attached to your gear and I like a wand with sparklers instead of cards). Since casting a sparkler costs me NO pips, I gain 3. I hope this makes sense.

Mastery Amulets allow you to use power pips as if you were of that school for school based spells. For example, a Balance Mastery Amulet will allow you to cast a Reshuffle (4 pip spell) with 2 power pips instead of 4 pips if you are not Balance. It does not give you more pips for casting a balance spell. (Although that is a nice idea!)

You can buy mastery amulets in the crown shop but they also drop very rarely in Waterworks and Tower of the Helephant.

The wisp color corresponds to the school of the mastery amulet: balance is light orange, death is gray, fire is orangey red, ice is blue-white, life is green, myth is blue, and storm is purple,

You can check it out here:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Alternate_School_Power_Pip_Amulets

Hope that helps!