Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

UGH! Beat labyrinth for no reason

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 10, 2012
Dear KI,

OK so today i did the labyrinth with a friend but here's the problem, we were on the final boss (who was almost dead) and i said brb and logged out and back in. By that time my friend finished the boss off and talked to the guy. I couldn't finish the labyrinth even though i spent like two hours on it when I ported . Is there a way you can help me?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
cpranner wrote:
Dear KI,

OK so today i did the labyrinth with a friend but here's the problem, we were on the final boss (who was almost dead) and i said brb and logged out and back in. By that time my friend finished the boss off and talked to the guy. I couldn't finish the labyrinth even though i spent like two hours on it when I ported . Is there a way you can help me?

Unfortunately timing is everything when you enter dungeons. Logging off and back on reset the instance for you and/or causes you to loose credit if you are not actively involved in the battle when the boss is defeated.

A lot of rules come into play in these instances. Example: We fought Jotun the other night and since we each fled at different times, for a potion bottle fill up we lost credit for killing him when we did finish defeating him - his 2 brothers were gone but him and the minion were there for another round, all that hard work lost and we did it with 2 level 42 wizards too, Ice and Fire. Needless to say the next night we faced him this mistake wasn't made again since we are lucky and do have a high level life I raised on another account, she made the fight easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
cpranner wrote:
Dear KI,

Not sure what you think KI is going to do. You left, so it's on you. Sorry, but you are going to have to do the Labrynth again. Perhaps wait until you are a higher level? (You don't state what level you are) It shouldn't take that long at all.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
i can help just tell me where and when to meet uou.

carlos soulbrand trancending necromancer

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
Hey there! I can help you! Tell me what time, which is probably hard cause i live in australia and most of you guys are in america

Cole Dunerunner Hero of Avalon Archmage Sorcerer

Survivor
Dec 16, 2011
i would help cause i need to go there to get my collarsfor orthrus

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
brwac wrote:
Unfortunately timing is everything when you enter dungeons. Logging off and back on reset the instance for you and/or causes you to loose credit if you are not actively involved in the battle when the boss is defeated.

A lot of rules come into play in these instances. Example: We fought Jotun the other night and since we each fled at different times, for a potion bottle fill up we lost credit for killing him when we did finish defeating him - his 2 brothers were gone but him and the minion were there for another round, all that hard work lost and we did it with 2 level 42 wizards too, Ice and Fire. Needless to say the next night we faced him this mistake wasn't made again since we are lucky and do have a high level life I raised on another account, she made the fight easy peasy lemon squeezy.
wait but what if you are all in the battle with the boss but not the other guys for example big ben if you beat the boss but not the other guys on the other floors but are also involed in the battle with the other guys but fled for potions would you lose your progess

Level 29 life
about to do bigben

Survivor
May 22, 2010
just battle him again i had to go through the labyrinth like five times cause i was not paying attention and died and my ally didn't have any healing spells and most of the times it was because of lagging

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
KI can't fix this. If you teleport or log off from the Labyrinth you will have to do it again because it is a dungeon. The first time you do a dungeon (for me it was Sunken City) a message will pop up. It says that if you log out or quit this dungeon you will have to redo it. There is an option on this pop up that it will not appear again and you must of clicked it because before you started the Labyrinth it didn't (i am assuming) pop up. Anyway my point is it is not KI's fault and the only way to fix it is to do it over again. I am with you though, I don't like the Labyrinth either.(or any other dungeon for that matter.)

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
cpranner875 on Sep 9, 2012 wrote:
Dear KI,

Unfortunately that is the way it is. I had to go through the labyrinth 12 times to do the obsidian chest quest and that is the way it is.