Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cooking idea.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Hello all. I had a idea to maybe add cooking to the Spiral. Like maybe a place in Wizard City where you can cook or something and level up. And maybe the items could add a limited time bonus and stuff unlock as you level. Well i think the stuff would be magical or something. And maybe this unlocks at level 30 or something? Agree/disagree?

Jasmine/Jessica.

Badge ideas:
Legendary chef-rank 10
Grandmaster chef-rank 9
Expert chef-rank 8
Master chef-rank 7
Magus chef-rank 4-6
Adept chef-rank 3
Starter chef-rank 1-3

Food ideas:
Enchanted soup-rank 5-add 100 health to you for 30 minutes, 50 cooking exp
Unicorn horns-rank 4 add 10 damage to all schools for a hour, 35 cooking exp
Shiny roast beef-rank 8-add 300 health to you for one hour, 120 cooking exp
Magic enchanted tea-rank 9-10 more resist to all schools for one hour
Sparkly, enchanted popcorn-any rank, 5 more damage to all schools for 30 minutes. 20 cooking exp
Spellberries- rank 2, 20 more mana and 5 damage bonus for 30 minutes. 30 cooking exp.
Snow peas-rank 3, 5 more ice damage for 30 min, and add 5 more ice resist to you for 30 min.
Magic candy: Rank 6, 200 health bonus to you for 30 minutes.
Hot cocoa: Any rank, 5 resist bonus to all schools, 1 hour.

Feel free to add more food ideas and all, but still agree/disagree.

Jasmine FireBlade/Jessica SparkleGem.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
wizardgirl1840 wrote:
Hello all. I had a idea to maybe add cooking to the Spiral. Like maybe a place in Wizard City where you can cook or something and level up. And maybe the items could add a limited time bonus and stuff unlock as you level. Well i think the stuff would be magical or something. And maybe this unlocks at level 30 or something? Agree/disagree?

Jasmine/Jessica.

I would love a cooking system in the game just to make it more entertaining.

Defender
Apr 08, 2011
Yea, I love this idea! :] It could be sort of like gardening, where you can get badges and learn cooking spells. Maybe the drops could be pet snacks, like the drops for gardening are reagents...
Anyways, I think this is a wonderful idea, and I hope KingsIsle will consider adding this to the game sometime soon! :D

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Maybe instead you could have your own cauldron in your castle or dorm and there will be a shop where you can buy different cauldrons, potion recipes or potion ingredients. So instead you will be making your own potions or doing alchemy :)

Historian
May 28, 2009
Cooking pet snacks? If not then maybe it will be hard to think of what to do with this idea.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
danik101 wrote:
Maybe instead you could have your own cauldron in your castle or dorm and there will be a shop where you can buy different cauldrons, potion recipes or potion ingredients. So instead you will be making your own potions or doing alchemy :)

Now that idea I love!!

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Great idea! There could be indoor cooking in the fireplace and outdoor cooking over a pot. Some people may say "this ain't a cooking game!". But wait! It is a wizard/witch game. And what do almost all wizards and witches do? (Snow White, Hansel & Gretel, Macbeth, etc.)

Some cooking ingrediants may need to by grown, requiring a certain level of gardening aptitude.

Some cooked items could help restore your energy!

What a fantastic idea if you could gift cooked items to friends! Kids would love it! My 6yo daughter would go crazy!

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
danik101 wrote:

Agreed!!!! :-)

Jasmine/Jessica.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
I LOVE this idea!!!!! I don't know why it hasn't been mentioned before

Anyone else read Warriors Am I the ONLY one?

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Isn't this like crafting pet snacks essentially? Sorry, but the thought of putting on some mittens and a chef's hat in a game of Wizardry and fighting off enemies... Come on.. This is how it works?
We go from:
Fighting to the death, to protect the spiral!
To Cooking roast beef C:

...On second thoughts that doesn't sound to bad...

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Ronster55 wrote:
Isn't this like crafting pet snacks essentially? Sorry, but the thought of putting on some mittens and a chef's hat in a game of Wizardry and fighting off enemies... Come on.. This is how it works?
We go from:
To Cooking roast beef C:

You do not have to do this, and the food is like enchanted with things you don't normally see. Like, enchanted soup, unicorn horns, etc. It also adds a limited bonus such as adding damage to all schools (like a elxir) and once again, you do NOT have to do this. Its optional, like gardening and crafting.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2011
Survivor
Mar 08, 2010
BoboFlower08 wrote:
I LOVE this idea!!!!! I don't know why it hasn't been mentioned before

Anyone else read Warriors Am I the ONLY one?

If your speaking of Cat Warriors, I've read them all! And about the idea........... i don't like it......... I LOVE IT! :-o

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
RavenLady777 wrote:
danik101 wrote:

Now that idea I love!!

Yep, he is right. Instead of in wizard city what about in your own house or dorm

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
wizardgirl1840 wrote:

Jasmine/Jessica.

Badge ideas:
Legendary chef-rank 10
Grandmaster chef-rank 9
Expert chef-rank 8
Master chef-rank 7
Magus chef-rank 4-6
Adept chef-rank 3
Starter chef-rank 1-3

Food ideas:
Enchanted soup-rank 5-add 100 health to you for 30 minutes, 50 cooking exp
Unicorn horns-rank 4 add 10 damage to all schools for a hour, 35 cooking exp
Shiny roast beef-rank 8-add 300 health to you for one hour, 120 cooking exp
Magic enchanted tea-rank 9-10 more resist to all schools for one hour
Sparkly, enchanted popcorn-any rank, 5 more damage to all schools for 30 minutes. 20 cooking exp
Spellberries- rank 2, 20 more mana and 5 damage bonus for 30 minutes. 30 cooking exp.
Snow peas-rank 3, 5 more ice damage for 30 min, and add 5 more ice resist to you for 30 min.
Magic candy: Rank 6, 200 health bonus to you for 30 minutes.
Hot cocoa: Any rank, 5 resist bonus to all schools, 1 hour.

Feel free to add more food ideas and all, but still agree/disagree.

Jasmine FireBlade/Jessica SparkleGem.

i made a idea similiar to that for pets
mine was smoothies using reagents ( many people was afraid they might choke on nightshade smoothie or amber smoothie )

not bad though

Survivor
Jul 16, 2010
I love it! lets just hope kingisle lets us eat the food. heres ome other ideas:
Chicken: rank 3 give 300 extra health for 1hr.

Grilled Cheese: rank 1 gives 100 extra health for 1hr

Hope you like me ideas and kingisle adds it! it would be wonderful! :D
Good luck and hope its on the game,
Alexandra Rosepettal Level 71 Life

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
If you don't mind, here are some more ideas:

Grilled Whiptail Rank 10 +30% resistance for one hour
PBJ Rank 10 + 100% Global Damage for an hour

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Nice food ideas :) feel free to add more =D also thanks for posting
Jessica/Jasmine.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2012
What I would like in cooking is to throw in a bunch of lvl 1/2/3 snacks and cook up a lvl 7/8 snack for my pets :)

Explorer
May 10, 2009
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
The ONLY way I would agree with this idea, would be if they finally split up the energy orbs and gave farming, pet training and cooking all separate orbs, otherwise, it's just too much sapping of energy to be worth while. Yes, I know you don't have to train everything all the time, and I think I balance well, but 2 different things pulling from energy now is bad enough, a third would be much worse.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2011
Ronster55 wrote:
We go from:
To Cooking roast beef C:

Cool,

2 things: (1) Do chefs really wear mitts? (2) I'm not saying this thing is a bad idea, but our wizards don't really run on food. :?

I mean, have you EVER seen Ambrose munching on a grilled cheese sandwich? Have you EVER seen Cyrus BBQ baby-back ribs? Like Ronster55 said, from smashing undead with lightning bolts to chopping garlic and grating cheese?

But...if you guys really want this stuff, go ahead and start the grill! On second thoughts though... I think Ambrose would be pretty happy munching on that grilled cheese sandwich. YUM

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
hankcat wrote:
If your speaking of Cat Warriors, I've read them all! And about the idea........... i don't like it......... I LOVE IT! :-o
I have read most of them, and it!I am a HUGE warriors fan!

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
Wait, hold on for a second, Wizard101 is about magic and duels and things like that. Sure we have a few other things like gardening to do to have some more fun but i think cooking is going TOO far. It would be almost like crafting at that.