Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Luminous Weaver, A time and rate problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 18, 2009
Hello KI,

I would like to draw your attention to an issue I found recently. On my life wizard, archmage, legendary artisan, I decided to craft luminous weaver. The task I knew was going to be hard and bumpy along the way, but in two days I managed to get every single reagent (including the 50 sunstone and 12 amber).

Then I looked at the final task, 10 Luminous Weaver Treasure Cards. I know they are dropped by crystalline queen in the crystal grove, Dragonspyre so I headed over there with a couple of friends to farm. Now, the bad thing about this boss, is that crystalline queen is in a four level dungeon, having to fight one death spider (life spiders appear if 3-4 people come), 4 ice spiders (depending on people), 4 death spiders (depending on people) and the final boss, Crystalline Queen with it's life spider minion.

So I finished a fight once, and wow! one of my friends got it as a drop first try! Seems like the drop rates are easy on this! 9 more to go!

So I farmed again, nothing, again, nothing.......again...................nothing, farming for up to 4 hours nonstop with 4 people only getting one TC from the first try.

I whispered to my friend "boy, isn't this TC a low drop", turns out he has been farming too, according to him he farmed for 20 hours (total over the course of 2 days) for this TC and only received one treasure card.

So far my life has 2/10 now, a friend traded me his, but is that really it?

I noticed Brimstone Revenant is dropped by one easy farming one level boss,

..and keeper of the flame is dropped by one boss, that isn't in a tower, you can just go in, defeat, collect, and retry quickly like brimstone, not only that, keeper of the flame has TWO bosses that drop it..

AND we have a confirmed drop from avalon bosses for these two.

My in-game friend farmed for keeper of the flame to craft it, he spent 2 days spending time farming ONLY on the boss for hours, and just farming, no brakes, just farming and FINALLY got 10 Keeper of the Flame TC's, the boss he farmed not only drops that TC, but the really rare and special non auction Headmaster Statue. Well I guess it isn't so special to him anymore, as he got 20 dropped statues.

We only have crystalline queen, and it is 4 levels, it is crazy how you can farm 20 hours for a TC and only getting one TC

If the rate is right, 1TC/20 hours and we multiply by the 10 needed to craft the spell, the resulting equation ends up as 200 hours. Let's put that in days, 200/24=8.33, or 8 1/3 which ends up being 8 days 8 hours. Do you really want to put me farming one boss for more than week nonstop just to get the spell? And that is just saying 8 days 8 hours continuous farming without the fact of sleeping, going to school, family time, eating, homework, and limited time to be online.

An average young wizard can play up to 3-4 hours a day. Let's have a math problem using 4.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John plays Wizard101. He gets out at school at 3:30pm and gets to his house at 4pm (in a perfect math world with exact numbers) He gets home with Science and Math homework, and finished them at 5:30pm. He now can play up to 9:30pm which is his time to eat dinner, then sleep soon after. He decides he wants to craft the Luminous Weaver TC in the game dropped by Crystalline Queen. The drop rate for this rare TC ranges from 1/5-1/20 (drop per hours). He needs a total of 10. Now, out of those 4 free hours of play time, he uses a total of 1 hour on other stuff (friends, PVP, gardening, housing, etc...) and 3 hours farming this TC with 1 friend that is willing to trade the TC if he gets one. He cannot get on Wednesdays for church or Saturdays for soccer. Approximately how many days will it take John to craft luminous weaver?

Information Break-Out:
-Can play up to 3 hours per day
-Can play 5 days a week
-Farms with one friend helping
-Needs 10 TCs
-Drop rate is 1/5-1/20 (drop per hours)

Let's start with the minimum drop rate, 1/5, in one week you can play (3*5=15) a total of 15 hours, getting 3 TC's per week, making it a total of 16 days, 1 hour to get 10 TCs Since he had a friend helping all of that gets divided by 2. It takes John (in the minimum time) 8 days, 30 minutes to get 10TCs

for the maximum, we just do the same steps. ending with..

30 days, 1 hour, 30 minutes.

Now let's find the median of 8 days, 30 minutes and 30 days, 1 hour, 30 minutes.

about 19 days 1 hour which would be using his schedule, would take about 4 total weeks farming!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please KI, increase the drop rates (of the 3 new spells), this is a problem, this makes Luminous Weaver really really rare and with 10 to craft the spell, it is even more impossible.

OR place the TC on a spider-boss that can easily be farmed for being in a one level tower.

Please take this in consideration,

~Adrian

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Don't hold your breath waiting. KI game model is based solely around chance to get.

Those of us that aim our sites a bit lower tend to get more fun out of the game.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2010
I have received 2 on my fire wizard (( 3 including 1 from the bazaar )) , in a period of approx 45 hours , I have NEVER received one on my life wizard with a total of farming 55 or 60 hours , at about 5 6 7 8 hours a day , I have received 2 on my storm wizard , with about 25 30 hours , I received 1 from a friend , and 1 from central with a bid of 500 forum gold , so I have a total of 7 this is for 1 week of farming to only receive 4 , I'm hoping KI will take into consideration that the spell is not dropping as a rare card , its dropping as a super ultra mega impossible treasure card to obtain. took me about an hour and half to get goat monk spell, luminous weaver treasure cards only got 4 as a drop of 55-60 hours somethings kinda not right. ty David LifeMender

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Hey Adrian, just going to throw in a few coments.
1. Brimstone is dropped by WHOOO???
2. Are you talking about allen strongtheif from central?
3. Yes, I wish at least the drop rate was raised. Its like 1%. At the drop rate its happening, you are better off farming the bazaar. >_>

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
yoshiyo1 wrote:
Hello KI,

I would like to draw your attention to an issue I found recently. On my life wizard, archmage, legendary artisan, I decided to craft luminous weaver. The task I knew was going to be hard and bumpy along the way, but in two days I managed to get every single reagent (including the 50 sunstone and 12 amber).

Then I looked at the final task, 10 Luminous Weaver Treasure Cards. I know they are dropped by crystalline queen in the crystal grove, Dragonspyre so I headed over there with a couple of friends to farm. Now, the bad thing about this boss, is that crystalline queen is in a four level dungeon, having to fight one death spider (life spiders appear if 3-4 people come), 4 ice spiders (depending on people), 4 death spiders (depending on people) and the final boss, Crystalline Queen with it's life spider minion.

So I finished a fight once, and wow! one of my friends got it as a drop first try! Seems like the drop rates are easy on this! 9 more to go!

So I farmed again, nothing, again, nothing.......again...................nothing, farming for up to 4 hours nonstop with 4 people only getting one TC from the first try.

I whispered to my friend "boy, isn't this TC a low drop", turns out he has been farming too, according to him he farmed for 20 hours (total over the course of 2 days) for this TC and only received one treasure card.

So far my life has 2/10 now, a friend traded me his, but is that really it?

I noticed Brimstone Revenant is dropped by one easy farming one level boss,

..and keeper of the flame is dropped by one boss, that isn't in a tower, you can just go in, defeat, collect, and retry quickly like brimstone, not only that, keeper of the flame has TWO bosses that drop it..

AND we have a confirmed drop from avalon bosses for these two.

My in-game friend farmed for keeper of the flame to craft it, he spent 2 days spending time farming ONLY on the boss for hours, and just farming, no brakes, just farming and FINALLY got 10 Keeper of the Flame TC's, the boss he farmed not only drops that TC, but the really rare and special non auction Headmaster Statue. Well I guess it isn't so special to him anymore, as he got 20 dropped statues.

We only have crystalline queen, and it is 4 levels, it is crazy how you can farm 20 hours for a TC and only getting one TC

If the rate is right, 1TC/20 hours and we multiply by the 10 needed to craft the spell, the resulting equation ends up as 200 hours. Let's put that in days, 200/24=8.33, or 8 1/3 which ends up being 8 days 8 hours. Do you really want to put me farming one boss for more than week nonstop just to get the spell? And that is just saying 8 days 8 hours continuous farming without the fact of sleeping, going to school, family time, eating, homework, and limited time to be online.

An average young wizard can play up to 3-4 hours a day. Let's have a math problem using 4.
John plays Wizard101. He gets out at school at 3:30pm and gets to his house at 4pm (in a perfect math world with exact numbers) He gets home with Science and Math homework, and finished them at 5:30pm. He now can play up to 9:30pm which is his time to eat dinner, then sleep soon after. He decides he wants to craft the Luminous Weaver TC in the game dropped by Crystalline Queen. The drop rate for this rare TC ranges from 1/5-1/20 (drop per hours). He needs a total of 10. Now, out of those 4 free hours of play time, he uses a total of 1 hour on other stuff (friends, PVP, gardening, housing, etc...) and 3 hours farming this TC with 1 friend that is willing to trade the TC if he gets one. He cannot get on Wednesdays for church or Saturdays for soccer. Approximately how many days will it take John to craft luminous weaver?

Information Break-Out:
-Can play up to 3 hours per day
-Can play 5 days a week
-Farms with one friend helping
-Needs 10 TCs
-Drop rate is 1/5-1/20 (drop per hours)

Let's start with the minimum drop rate, 1/5, in one week you can play (3*5=15) a total of 15 hours, getting 3 TC's per week, making it a total of 16 days, 1 hour to get 10 TCs Since he had a friend helping all of that gets divided by 2. It takes John (in the minimum time) 8 days, 30 minutes to get 10TCs

for the maximum, we just do the same steps. ending with..

30 days, 1 hour, 30 minutes.

Now let's find the median of 8 days, 30 minutes and 30 days, 1 hour, 30 minutes.

about 19 days 1 hour which would be using his schedule, would take about 4 total weeks farming!

Please KI, increase the drop rates (of the 3 new spells), this is a problem, this makes Luminous Weaver really really rare and with 10 to craft the spell, it is even more impossible.

OR place the TC on a spider-boss that can easily be farmed for being in a one level tower.

Please take this in consideration,

~Adrian

Lol I don't think you had to go into a lengthy example. I support you 100 percent. Just wait for it to come out in a pack then buy it. -.- Seems like we are slowly turning to buying our cards. Wish this wouldn't happen.

Also quick question. Is there a new death spell also? Or is deer knight it. So far I have seen a new fire myth and life spell.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
I do hope your hard work gets compensated. I'm trying to craft deer knight too but amber drops are becoming too much of a pain to collect these days.

I just hope after you crafted the spell, KI will not release a pack (or have they already? not sure) having them spells for everyone to just easily buy and slap it on their mage without the same patience and dedication you poured into it.

Good Luck.