Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Your PvPhobia cures

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
I have become quite irritated with what I have named "PvPhobia", so I have made this post to help those struggling with it to maybe see a glimmering light of hope at the end of their PvP-induced tunnel of horrors. Enjoy.

Symptoms of PvPhobia may include, but are not limited to:
- Ranting on forums about PvP, and how unfair it is, and how every school is better than yours at it, and how if they don't make it fair RIGHT NOW you will quit playing.
- Removing a friend from your Friends List when they ask you if you want to do a PvP match with them.
- Taking a wide berth away from the entrance of the PvP Arena when you are in Unicorn Way.
- Having nightmares in which Dueling Diego chases you around, poking you with his fencing sword.

If you are suffering from these symptoms, you may have contracted PvPhobia. You might be saying to yourself, "What?!? I don't want this! What will my friends think? All I wanted to do was train my pet to Mega in peace!".

Never fear, young Wizard. There are several preventative measures you can take to minimalize the terrible damage wrought by PvPhobia.

1. Pretend PvP doesn't exist.
2. When someone mentions PvP to you, cover your ears and make a loud humming sound.
3. Take an amnesiac and erase all memory of PvP from your mind so you aren't confronted with those horrifying PvP-related thoughts flying around in your brain.

There you have it. All you need to know about PvPhobia and how to stop it.

Brought to you by Aaron Lionflame, PhD.

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
Symptoms of PvPhobia cure are loss of an extra thing to do in W101, friends begging you to PvP with them due to your rank or school, when reading updates about PvP you may begin to cry and want it back, you may suffer severe headaches thinking about dueling other players.

Is PvPhobia cure right for you? Find out by asking your teacher.

It's a cure, and it might work for you!

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Squire
Feb 29, 2012
More symptoms include, but are not limited to:

Reporting the person you lost to for being 'lucky.'

Trying to insult said person after.

Getting so caught up in PvP so that if you lose one match you begin to get mad.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
XD I want in on this..

Understanding that PVPhobia is a problem is the first step to acceptance and eventually a cure to this condition. You have you wake up every morning, look right at yourself in the mirror and say "hey.. Just because I don't like something doesn't mean it shouldn't exist". With time, and maybe a little therapy in some cases, you'll be able to look back at the arena circle and realize it is not a flaming pit of hungry crocodiles after all :).

Some warning sings:

Do you sleep in the ally behind the athame shop because you didn't realize your home had an arena circle when you bought it?

Do you pretend there is no pvp and when people talk about it you respond with menu chat "do you know where to find mist wood" or by saying things like "PV what?"

Do you blame anything and everything on pvp?
Ex: "It wouldn't be snowing so much if pvp was killed off" or "thanks to pvp I have to work over the weekend"

Do you avoid saying words that contain the letters P or V in them like Poverty, prevent or privacy?

If you exhibit any of these symptoms you could be suffering from a moderate to severe case of PVPhobia, pls contact your local Warlord who may or may not prescribe a beating in the arena ;)

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
You forgot a few:

Not limited to, but symptoms are:
-Always freaking out and cursing in front of a hall monitor when you lose

-Assuming you do not love turtles to death

-Thinking about cheeseburgers when someone says PvP

-Wondering why the heck I am posting this random useless post on the message boards

If you notice any of these symptoms, I would recommend consulting a physician and puppet team and curse when you lose to Knights who say Ni on a daily basis until you get permanently banned by KI for cursing and calling hall monitors word-not-to-be-named.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Warlord Ethan is in the house. come one come all to be beaten senseless by a professional warlord. After a match with me I can guarantee a full recovery cure. Starting price costs 2 ambers. XD