Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Amber drops from Gardening, Too low?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 10, 2011
I got 40 King Parsely that became elderly and I only got 1 amber total? Anybody else think this is too low? Or is it the plant im harvesting it from?

Seems like for every update the drops are worsening. Switching back to plants that gives me mega snacks instead.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Survivor
Jun 13, 2011
Sarahnimo wrote:
I got 40 King Parsely that became elderly and I only got 1 amber total? Anybody else think this is too low? Or is it the plant im harvesting it from?

Seems like for every update the drops are worsening. Switching back to plants that gives me mega snacks instead.

Yeah it's low.
But if you try again you might get something big.

Amber Ice Gem
Level 10 Gardener

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Don't get me wrong, I just love amber (LOL...), but recently, since the mega update, its been slowing for me. I have harvested 58 Elder King Parsleys and ZERO gave me amber. Sorry, but thats outrageous. Thats less than a 2% chance each.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2010
I agree , I have just started a king parsley garden only 16 but still , I have paid 12,000 crowns for them , I didn't farm for them either , I haven't received any amber.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2009
No need to really debate this...it's almost an nonexistent reagent. I never seen one. Maybe it's a figment of King Isle's imagination?

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
Ronster55 wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I just love amber (LOL...), but recently, since the mega update, its been slowing for me. I have harvested 58 Elder King Parsleys and ZERO gave me amber. Sorry, but thats outrageous. Thats less than a 2% chance each.

thought i had worst.

I did have new elderly plants that gave me some amber

2/17 King Parsley
1/3 Red Huckleberries
1/8 White Tiger Lily

So i guess its quite variable. or my post was heard by the Gardening gods .

I got the other ambers from

1/40 King Parsley
2/17 Red bell Peppers
2 Crafted (yes its possible)

I don't mind having ridiculous amount of difficulty in getting reagents as long as you can't get the new spells any other way. It hurts when you are planting and being patient about it then some fella comes to you and says "Oh I got my spell by buying the new pack."

I know no one is forcing me to buy packs but why double slap me in the face with "its going to be hard waiting for amber drops because ill tweak the game to be such a pain that you'll be pulling out your hair before you get one" OR "just buy some packs to get it easier." This doesn't sit well with me because it promotes laziness, deeper-pockets-has-best-chance atmosphere and in the end, frustration to those who are trying to get it the hard way. What ever happened to doing your best yields better results for you in the game?

Following the recipe is hard enough for us already, do you have to tweak the game to be punishingly difficult by barely giving us amber drops?

Archmages
R. Lionhand
F. Stardust
J. Winterbane
Brahm

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Ronster55 wrote:

Hmm that came to bite you in the but didn't it? Lol :P

I haven't tried harvesting lately I kinda stopped once I got deer knight. I hope this isn't the case because amber is a pain as is. -.-

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
I can say I've planted well over 30 King Parsley and got all of: 1 Amber. I think the drop rates may be on the low end, but it is manageable.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
oh well thats just great. i just started my kp farm (i only have 2 but ive heard they sometimes give you a seed when you harvest them at muture). well guess i better get to farming mirror lake again for the red bell peppers although they dont reseed so its gonna get really annoying(i got 1 amber from 2 red bell peppers ).

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Sarahnimo wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:

thought i had worst.

I did have new elderly plants that gave me some amber

2/17 King Parsley
1/3 Red Huckleberries
1/8 White Tiger Lily

So i guess its quite variable. or my post was heard by the Gardening gods .

I got the other ambers from

1/40 King Parsley
2/17 Red bell Peppers
2 Crafted (yes its possible)

I don't mind having ridiculous amount of difficulty in getting reagents as long as you can't get the new spells any other way. It hurts when you are planting and being patient about it then some fella comes to you and says "Oh I got my spell by buying the new pack."

I know no one is forcing me to buy packs but why double slap me in the face with "its going to be hard waiting for amber drops because ill tweak the game to be such a pain that you'll be pulling out your hair before you get one" OR "just buy some packs to get it easier." This doesn't sit well with me because it promotes laziness, deeper-pockets-has-best-chance atmosphere and in the end, frustration to those who are trying to get it the hard way. What ever happened to doing your best yields better results for you in the game?

Following the recipe is hard enough for us already, do you have to tweak the game to be punishingly difficult by barely giving us amber drops?

Archmages
R. Lionhand
F. Stardust
J. Winterbane
Brahm

Welcome to capitalistic America. Money gets you everywhere in life. The only time it wouldn't would be during the apocalypse lol.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Snowyandspots wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:

I haven't tried harvesting lately I kinda stopped once I got deer knight. I hope this isn't the case because amber is a pain as is. -.-

Yes. It just came to tell me "Hey Ronster55. You love us. We don't want you to start hoarding us though; cya sucker.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
Welcome to capitalistic America. Money gets you everywhere in life. The only time it wouldn't would be during the apocalypse lol.

Yeah seems like it. I just hope it stops in this game and doesn't become an ugly pattern.

I decided to continue planting RBP's, KP's and Red Huckles. Just to see if luck comes my way. Looks like it's all there is in this game as they are trying too hard to keep "special spells" out of reach while twisting it to force our hands to buy packs instead.

I just hope KI stops this not-so-admirable strategy. Im an adult and i can handle it but kids becomes beggars for gifts and packs knowing its nigh impossible to get them. Buying your way into something to be successful or to satisfy your needs without breaking a sweat is ugly, Not in this game and not in real life.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Ronster55 wrote:
Snowyandspots wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:

Yes. It just came to tell me "Hey Ronster55. You love us. We don't want you to start hoarding us though; cya sucker.

Lol I bet that amber did. Better go hunt it down and lock it up. I got my amber in alcatraz. It never shall escape. :P

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Snowyandspots wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:

Lol I bet that amber did. Better go hunt it down and lock it up. I got my amber in alcatraz. It never shall escape. :P

LOL. It'll be like a hobo looking for money - He will kill for a penny. I will kill morganthe multiple times for giving me this hoodoo charm of bad luck.

Explorer
Jun 09, 2010
Ronster55 wrote:

I totally agree. I was getting amber from RBP pretty frequently when we first started this journey. Now I get nothing. I've lost track of how many RBP I've planted and gotten ZERO amber, but it's close to 100 probably. It's like the rate has dropped back to what it was BEFORE they said they upped it "slightly".

I do have gardens of King Parsley started and trying that route now. At least they reseed, but they also take 2 weeks to get to elder even with all their likes. It's VERY frustrating when you wait 2 weeks and get nothing or 1 amber and know you have another 2 weeks ahead before you can try again.

Survivor
Nov 28, 2010
I did get 2 Amber in a batch of 7 Red Bell Pepper. It's just luck.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
momsgametime wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:

I totally agree. I was getting amber from RBP pretty frequently when we first started this journey. Now I get nothing. I've lost track of how many RBP I've planted and gotten ZERO amber, but it's close to 100 probably. It's like the rate has dropped back to what it was BEFORE they said they upped it "slightly".

I do have gardens of King Parsley started and trying that route now. At least they reseed, but they also take 2 weeks to get to elder even with all their likes. It's VERY frustrating when you wait 2 weeks and get nothing or 1 amber and know you have another 2 weeks ahead before you can try again.

Its a shame. The only actual gain for me is:
The pet snacks I can sell for money
The extra reagents for future crafting! :)

Note: Harvested 17 Elder King Parsleys and got 0 amber, now up to 77 with no amber in a row -.-

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
Harvested 0/14 Red Bell Peppers. Hoping my KP's do better

Survivor
Oct 26, 2010
I have always wanted to see people WANT to do more crafting, alas the difficulty in obtaining amber is driving more people away from it now :(

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I harvested about 6 elder KPs last night. Zero amber. So far I am still an O-fer. Now I think I am O-fer 16 elder harvests. Seems like the seed drop rate at mature harvest has dropped off too. Now getting like 1 per 20 plants harvested at mature. Seemed higher than that before.
Sheesh, and I thought getting my pet to Mega was a pain. I will have multiple pets to Mega before I even get my 32 plot garden filled with KPs, and can probably retire before obtaining enough amber for Deer Knight.
At least I got my EMPs going on another wizard.
pods

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
Just an update.

0/37 King Parsley

1 Amber crafted - yes it's true I even beat gardening and waiting for Amber by transmuting.

I hope KI does something about the plant drops because its annoyingly horrible.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
I finally have the Deer Knight Spell

I am more relieved than excited because of the ordeal i had to go through to get this crafted spell.

Tale of the Amber for me: (time of event is from latest to when i started)

3/19 King Parsley <-- this was a big surprise for me .
0/11 Deadly Ninja Figs
-------------------------> i have 11 amber by this time and the long wait was painful
1/8 Red Bell Peppers
1 Amber crafted
0/37 King Parsley

2/17 King Parsley
1/3 Red Huckleberries
1/8 White Tiger Lily

1/40 King Parsley
2/17 Red bell Peppers
2 Amber crafted
------
Breakdown:

11 Ambers out 160 total planted (7%)

6 amber out of 113 King Parsley (5%)
3 amber out of 25 Red Bell Pepper (12%)
1 amber out of 8 White Tiger Lilies (4%)
1 amber out of 3 Red Huckleberries (33%) high but not enough samples to go around with
0 amber out of 11 Deadly Ninja Figs (0%)

3 Ambers Crafted - just imagine how many trips i did to ML for this. Recently, the drops are pretty low for me.

15 Merle's Whiskers (5 each)
15 Amber Dust (5 each)
45 Sunstone (15 each)
30 Golden Pearl (10 each)
Note: All Merle's Whiskers and Amber Dust was dropped by Starburst Spiders in Mirror Lake

When I started to face the challenge, I already have enough reagents to craft two amber so that in itself is a long time to acquire already but from the start until today i have roughly 2 months of gardening to finally get the 12 required Amber for the spell. Mirror Lake for me is the best dungeon for amber crafting because of the reagent drops, seeds, splendid attire for gardening plus the usual loot.

I really tried almost any known plant that can give amber. King Parsley drops in ML, reseeds at elder and quickly multiply in numbers. Red Bell Pepper is easy to buy at the bazaar (drops in ML too) but i tried to snipe some whenever i made trips there rather than wait for it. WTL's are good and said to be the best plant for amber according to Prof. Greyrose, but the ones i got are few and bought at the bazaar or dropped sparingly from either Mord Roughshod or Ogre. Why Mord Roughshod? he drops the required Deer Knight TC cards and Red Huckleberries too. So it may be best to try a mixture of plants than sticking to one.

What Now?The Deer Knight Spell is a tool for my death mage but not necessarily a game changer. No matter how good i think i tweaked it, I feel like a 2nd class death wizard whenever im beside someone who has the spell so i took up the challenge. I never had the Ooomph to use my death mage anywhere but to dedicate it in gardening the past two months. Now, i can say it was worth it. BUT I think there should be a badge for crafting them spells. Something that you can be proud of showing to everyone for the effort.

That said, Im borderline happy and moving on to crafting Catalan or Handsome Fomori. Good Luck to all would-be crafters of special spells and keep your hopes up for the ones still waiting for amber

Archmages
R. Lionhand
F. Stardust
J. Winterbane
Brahm "finally can cast Deer Knight Spell"