Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should disarm be zero pip cost?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Feb 03, 2012
I know this has been said before but i'm gonna try to explain this my way.
As we all know storm is known for two things, first and most notable is the high damage it can deal, and second and less known is it's ability to break charms, this reflects it's natural opposite, myth, which breaks wards. Now on to the discusion, myth and storm both have similiar spells which break positive charms and wards, and negative charms and wards. Yet disarm, the spell that breaks positive charms cost 1 pip, while the others are free. Now is it just me or is this unfair?

Think about it each of these four spells are very similiar, even there mega forms shatter and enfeeble cost 3 pips each. So i ask why is disarm the only displaced one in terms of pips? It may be because blades help add damage and are important to the players? If so why isn't cleanse ward, the spell that breaks traps, also 1 pip? Blades and traps both has similiar functions as boost right? It always interest me why KI decided on this, even cleanse charm, the spell that breaks weaknesses cost is free, even though you'd think it take soem effort to beak weaknesses.

I'm not really complaining and the spell as it is right now is no big deal, infact i bearly see anyone use it. However just looking at the pip cost annoys me for some reason. I'll ask this of everyone, is this fair? Do you think there's a good reason to this? And would you mind if the spell is changed to zero pips like it should be? I personally think it should be changed.

Defender
Jul 11, 2011
what about melt? entangle? unbalance? is storm just so special?

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
sarah230804 on Oct 28, 2012 wrote:
what about melt? entangle? unbalance? is storm just so special?
You're thinking of dissipate. He's talking about disarm, which is not a dispel, it is simply a spell that removes a blade or charm from an opponent.

And for the record, I agree. I don't see any good reason why disarm needs to cost 1 pip. And given storm's traditionally low power pip chance, it makes using disarm a liability. I rarely see any wizards use disarm, except when wizards with high power pip chances are using the treasure card version. It's not really fair to make a storm spell more advantageous for non-storm wizards.

Defender
Jul 11, 2011
Lucas Rain on Oct 29, 2012 wrote:
You're thinking of dissipate. He's talking about disarm, which is not a dispel, it is simply a spell that removes a blade or charm from an opponent.

And for the record, I agree. I don't see any good reason why disarm needs to cost 1 pip. And given storm's traditionally low power pip chance, it makes using disarm a liability. I rarely see any wizards use disarm, except when wizards with high power pip chances are using the treasure card version. It's not really fair to make a storm spell more advantageous for non-storm wizards.
Oh I am, sorry my bad,9 i agree with you anyways :)

Survivor
Apr 16, 2010
I think the reason it might cost a Pip, is possibly for the PvP value. People Cloak their charms in PvP, so you don't know they are there. If the dissarm spell were free, you'd probably be more than likely to just cast it at random, hoping that it removed some invisible charm. But when it costs 1, you might not take the risk of a wasted spell.

-Maybe?

Brandon Boom!

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Brandon Boom on Jan 14, 2013 wrote:
I think the reason it might cost a Pip, is possibly for the PvP value. People Cloak their charms in PvP, so you don't know they are there. If the dissarm spell were free, you'd probably be more than likely to just cast it at random, hoping that it removed some invisible charm. But when it costs 1, you might not take the risk of a wasted spell.

-Maybe?

Brandon Boom!
Yes i have considered that but what about the others in it's series? removing weaknesses could turn the tides of a battle, removing a shield could turn the tide of a battle, and removing atrap may also turn the tide of a battle, well only if it's feint or backdraft really.

Survivor
Feb 26, 2011
hi i was wondering if any one can give me advice on how to set up a good 1vs level 35 pvp deck. if so that would be great