Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Krin Pack

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
Has the game removed the Mounts from the Krin Pack? I spent almost 200,000 in crowns on krin packs and didnt see a mount drop. I sold items till my gold got maxx out several times, and had to buy items to get gold down, Then sell items from Back Pack to make more room. But I was just curious if Game has removed the Mounts from the packs?
This has made me wise on buying packs in the future.

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I stop purchasing Krin packs when my crowns went below 100,000 and now I am thinking that buying any more in future would be useless. I use to be able to get the Krin mount from the pack, but now, it just isnt there with so many crowns spent. Usually within thousands of crowns you should see a mount drop. I have not purchased Krin packs in a while so this is why I am asking did they remove the mounts from the packs, If the mounts are still in the packs and the amount of crowns I spent didnt drop one, well lets just say I am wiser and will not go pack buying again.
So game if you wonder why packs are not moving, just read about experiences.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
There are still in the pack. KI would have told us if they removed the mount. I would suggest just buying a regular mount and not wasting all your crowns on a pack.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
You spent.. 200,000 on a (imo) ugly unicorn looking thing? Bro... bro bro... No.... And if you're seriously spending 200,000 on ONE card pack.. You need to lock up your credit cards. You seem to have a spending problem.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Oh, Darkblood... just... no!

I completely agree with gtafreak101~ lock up your credit card, and give your/your parents' wallet to someone you trust, because buying *packs* in excess is not cool!

Whether you spend 1000 crowns or 100,000, you only ever had a chance at the mount. You are made aware of this before purchasing, so I have no idea why you're surprised~ mounts are ultra-rare, meaning that your chances of getting one are <5 percent; also, your odds reset with each purchase, so just because the odds are 1/100 doesn't mean you'll get one for every 100 packs you buy.

Some of us are extremely lucky, while others are tragically unlucky; unfortunately, your Kirin odds seem to be in the second half, so I think it's time to lay off the packs for a while. There are tons of mounts available for gold, so why not buy one of those instead and save your crowns?

-veebz

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
gtafreak101 wrote:
You spent.. 200,000 on a (imo) ugly unicorn looking thing? Bro... bro bro... No.... And if you're seriously spending 200,000 on ONE card pack.. You need to lock up your credit cards. You seem to have a spending problem.

a kirin isnt a unicorn thing
a kirin is a mythical horned Chinese deer-like creature that is said to appear only when a sage has appeared. It is a good omen that brings Rui4 (瑞 roughly translated to serenity and prosperity).

you are right it does resemble the english unicorn but they arent exactly the same

also to the OP
this doesnt need to be in commons and halstons labratory
hopefully admin deletes 1 to avoid spamm

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I am glad in life to have worked so hard that when the time came I could stop working and have the money I needed in life to enjoy life.
I do enjoy this game, and I put a lot of my extra money into it. By extra money it is what is left when you have savings in the bank, bills paid and owe nobody. I enjoy the game with my extra money.
I stop buying when crowns went below 100,000. I figure in future this will provide me henchmen when i need cause this is all I will buy.
In life I saw many good customers come into stores and spend money. But after bad experiences they went elsewhere. Or changed their buying habits.
Am I a good customer? I went down a road of 260,000 crowns and saw nothing so in future I will do things differently. My extra money may begin to build instead of spend.
Its just sad to know what happen to me can happen to others in game. They may not have extra money.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I'm pretty sure KI is grateful for your... uh, patronage.

I've bought crowns many times, but I prefer to do it when they're on sale~ I bought 2 of the 60,000 blocks during the promo, and ended up with an extra 60,000 crowns that I got for free... so it was like getting 3 blocks for the price of 2. ;) And I certainly didn't spend them all on one pack~ I like to make them last a while.

I'm not poor, but I do value my hard-earned money and can't help but feel that buying 200,000 crowns worth of the same pack is just a little excessive. I should hope that those who don't have extra cash to throw around wouldn't go down this road~ there's fun, sure, but being a responsible adult should supersede all else.

-veebz

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Darkblood1 wrote:
I am glad in life to have worked so hard that when the time came I could stop working and have the money I needed in life to enjoy life.
I do enjoy this game, and I put a lot of my extra money into it. By extra money it is what is left when you have savings in the bank, bills paid and owe nobody. I enjoy the game with my extra money.
I stop buying when crowns went below 100,000. I figure in future this will provide me henchmen when i need cause this is all I will buy.
In life I saw many good customers come into stores and spend money. But after bad experiences they went elsewhere. Or changed their buying habits.
Am I a good customer? I went down a road of 260,000 crowns and saw nothing so in future I will do things differently. My extra money may begin to build instead of spend.
Its just sad to know what happen to me can happen to others in game. They may not have extra money.

the hoard packs
are just like trading card packs ( minus trading for non tc items)
strike a balance in the packs or buy a crown straightforward
eitherway its your cash you pick