Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Remove the plant or plants infected

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I have my garden and used a treasure card spell to remove pest over a time . When I returned I found all the plants with no pest except one. This plant had a rank 4 pest and this was the purpose of using the treasure card for extended time protection, evidently I didnt use a level 4 pest card. Since this plant had the pest and the others were clean, I had to weigh out the cost to remove this one plant with rank 4 pest. I could use a spell that took 20 in energy from my bottle or use 1 or 2 energy to delete the plant. Knowing that later on I would need the energy in my bottle I didnt use it on this one plant, instead removed the plant.
Now my Garden has No pest, and my energy bottle has energy left in it. Only thing is I lost a plant. I have been gardening like this for some time, If I had several with rank 4 pest I could see using the energy But because only one was infected, That one had to go.
I guess I came here to ask a question about this, Is there any new gardening spells that will remove pests on a single basis? So if you have just one plant or two that are infected why treat the whole garden, it is a waste of energy.
I would like to see pests done like all the other spells where you can treat a small area. Not use 20 in energy to remove one level 4 pest, I rather remove the plant, In time you harvest less maybe, but you keep the garden clean.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2010
This would be great.

I have the same problem.

One or two plants only have level 4/5 pests and I end up using the giant area spell to get rid of them.

Good idea! :D

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Not sure what you are asking; if you are asking for an extended time one, if you hit rank 12, you can get Miniature bloodbats to keep rank 4 and below pests away from the plants if you have the prerequisites and whatnot.

ALSO; here is something that is very crucial to gardening that people don't usually know.
NEEDS Kill. Pests just DELAY. ALWAYS, ALWAYS!! take care of your plants needs first. Kill the pests after.

Also, for extra energy, you sound like a low level wizard (You said you have very little energy... Sorry if I am wrong, not trying to offend you). Try getting to 80, where you have 80 energy! If you are, before you go offline, wear some energy giving gear, like Splendid or pixie enchanted gear. You can also get other gear that gives energy.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2012
I believe you have misunderstood the question Roster55, she is asking 1, why the treasure card didn't work, and 2, why isn't there a spell for a small area level 4 pest. I have just encountered this problem also. Just one plant, level 4 pest, and I have no way of getting rid of it, except to did it up.

To respond to the "level up to 80,"--- I am no where near that and probably won't be anywhere near 80 in the close future, maybe in 6 months or more. Meanwhile one dead plant. And where does one find info on this ". . . Miniature bloodbats to keep rank 4 and below pests away from the plants if you have the prerequisites and whatnot. " I've not heard of this before. Or is this the level 80 you speak of?

aka Scarlet RubyFLame Balance Level 35

Survivor
Aug 05, 2012
Sevalisa wrote:
This would be great. I have the same problem. One or two plants only have level 4/5 pests and I end up using the giant area spell to get rid of them. Good idea! :D

Dig up the plant. Go to: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Basic:Gardening
This site has good info. Easy to navigate.
Hold on to your hat, those level 4 or 5 pests, either use the giant area spell you mentioned or have lots and lots of gold to purchase the cards. Those miniature bloodbats, pest bombs, flyswatter and baby sunbird thingys which Ronster55 are talking about aren't cheap. Oh yeah, and you need to be at least a level 60. That let's me out folks for a long time. I think I'll sell some higher end seeds and stick the small stuff for quite awhile.

What I don't understand is why a level 1 thru 4 garden would even get a pest which cannot be killed by a lower level wizard? This forces one to waste time, energy and money. It is very frustrating to have a good plant ruined. Especially when paid for and then have to dig is out and trash it.

Explorer
May 30, 2011
Well the spell he or she used was only mean't for plants with rank 1,2.3 and can buy these pest spells for 4 or 5 at any wizard level you just need alot of gold and a friend to take to the gardner with that pest spell. and the levels indicated are based on your gardening rank not your wizards level. And yes using energy for a pest is annoying but if your dedicated to gardening you will go to any length to save that plant.

or you can ask your friends if they have rank 4 or 5 pest spells from loot drops they got from battles and they likely will be happy to give them to you since they likely don't bother with gardening most people dont do the garden quest at all.

Survivor
May 13, 2010
Darkblood1 wrote:
I have my garden and used a treasure card spell to remove pest over a time . When I returned I found all the plants with no pest except one. This plant had a rank 4 pest and this was the purpose of using the treasure card for extended time protection, evidently I didnt use a level 4 pest card. Since this plant had the pest and the others were clean, I had to weigh out the cost to remove this one plant with rank 4 pest. I could use a spell that took 20 in energy from my bottle or use 1 or 2 energy to delete the plant. Knowing that later on I would need the energy in my bottle I didnt use it on this one plant, instead removed the plant.
Now my Garden has No pest, and my energy bottle has energy left in it. Only thing is I lost a plant. I have been gardening like this for some time, If I had several with rank 4 pest I could see using the energy But because only one was infected, That one had to go.
I guess I came here to ask a question about this, Is there any new gardening spells that will remove pests on a single basis? So if you have just one plant or two that are infected why treat the whole garden, it is a waste of energy.
I would like to see pests done like all the other spells where you can treat a small area. Not use 20 in energy to remove one level 4 pest, I rather remove the plant, In time you harvest less maybe, but you keep the garden clean.
If the treasure card was dragonflies, pest zapper, pungent bug spray, or putrid bug spray it wouldn't get rid of rank four pests, and that's why it didn't work.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
How do you get level 4 pesr spells?

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Removing the plant may be necessary if you find the energy to spend too great. Try planting less demanding plants untill you you are higher level. Although the game allows you to plant items beyond your current gardening capability or capacity, its wise not to.

For example, if you find ridding pests using 20 energy points too much... don't be planting Couch Potatoes. focus on the easier less demanding plants. Dandelions don't get rank 4 pests, Couch Potatoes do.

Also, make sure you plant in groups. Often you can use a single spell to remove several pests. The pest spells are analogous to dynamite sticks. You can use the entire stick at once. You can't use 1/2 sticks of dynamite. (ok, maybe you can i don't really know, but you get the point)