Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm is not strong but unbalance.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
I been playing Pvp for long time, Since everything has change.
Reason: That storm is weaker and Changes.
1. The wild bolt card has like 30% chance of hitting 1000, Most of the time I hit 10, or 100 35%chance. I also try using this card to take away Storm shield. but for against ice it is no use. I think KI should change it back to Original Wild bolt but 0 Accuracy.
2. Insane bolt Spell card. Is no use because you have a 50% chance of killing yourself. Other word its a great card if your on low Health and losing best way to suicide. Also weak against Ice because Resistant- The Spell has it own moon damage, don't know why it has resistant against it.
3. Current Wave spell, Don't like this Spell because it hardly heal you or teammate on 1000, It would be a cool Spell if they change it, for chances of striking 1 extra pip for next round or moon damage blade 35% or 1000 Health.
4. I have 95% more damage on my states , I thought it should surpass resistant, but it doesn't.
5. I thought Storm is merge with energy, should I get more power pip boost on state and outfits and less accuracy.
6.Since I hardy or barely see some player using Charm against Storm, and they still hit high by using Enchantment, Enfeeble is useless, unless they change it for 3 rounds. So you don't have to worry about them adding Charms in the feature.
7 Super Charge is not a really good Spell for Pvp, Also could change it to "Charge" and does 1 to 4 pips of 10% more damage.
8. Siren should add 2 more 50% Inks.
9. Levy should be change to 825-925 Damage and take away all charms.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Killercat7 wrote:
1. The wild bolt card has like 30% chance of hitting 1000, Most of the time I hit 10, or 100 35%chance. I also try using this card to take away Storm shield. but for against ice it is no use. I think KI should change it back to Original Wild bolt but 0 Accuracy.
2. Insane bolt Spell card. Is no use because you have a 50% chance of killing yourself. Other word its a great card if your on low Health and losing best way to suicide. Also weak against Ice because Resistant- The Spell has it own moon damage, don't know why it has resistant against it.
3. Current Wave spell, Don't like this Spell because it hardly heal you or teammate on 1000, It would be a cool Spell if they change it, for chances of striking 1 extra pip for next round or moon damage blade 35% or 1000 Health.
4. I have 95% more damage on my states , I thought it should surpass resistant, but it doesn't.
5. I thought Storm is merge with energy, should I get more power pip boost on state and outfits and less accuracy.
6.Since I hardy or barely see some player using Charm against Storm, and they still hit high by using Enchantment, Enfeeble is useless, unless they change it for 3 rounds. So you don't have to worry about them adding Charms in the feature.
7 Super Charge is not a really good Spell for Pvp, Also could change it to "Charge" and does 1 to 4 pips of 10% more damage.

Killercat7 wrote:

Storm does have some trouble in PvP and is generally agreed to be the worst school at max level 1v1 PvP. However the problems you state are not insurmontable and your solutions are very overpowered.

1) Wildbolt has a 33% spread for every hit. It is a great low cost shield breaker and can do some serious damage if it hits correctly. It cannot be made back to the original because even at 0% accuracy add in Infallible(+15-20%), typical storm accuracy boost(22-23%), and Unstoppable(+25%-30%) and you would have a spell which has an accuracy of 62%-73% at 1000 damage. Unacceptable.

2)Insane bolt is actually 80% chance to hit enemy and 20% chance to hit self. Moon damage is resisted by universal resist which Ice has in abundance.

3)Healing Current is a wonderful spell imo. Giving storm the option to heal is great. I actually run a tank storm(yes it is possible) and with my heal boost at over 100% so HC is 200, 800, 2000 heal. A respectable heal by any rights and factor in critical.... whoo boy. There are few things more demoralizing than seeing a storm you bought close to death heal back to full health.

4) 95% damage won't put a dent in ice's resist but is still enough to neutralize up to 48% resist. Its your choice to go with a max damage storm. I currently have 62% attack boost and am doing fine with it.

5)With avalon's crafted gear every school's power pip chance dropped in exchange for accuracy. In ww gear the elemental schools and myth got universal accuracy but less power pips while the spritual schools and balance got more powerpips and no universal accuracy. Fairly balanced across the gear set-ups.

6)Enfeeble is a great spell when combined with healing current. Healing current enables you to rebound from non-bladed attacks quickly and effectively while enfeeble helps you to destroy their set-up so they cannot stack enough damage to kill you or supress you fast enough.

7)Agreed, supercharge is very situational and often remains unused. However it finds its niche against ice wizards who opt for life rather than myth mastery.

8)Sirens is fine as it is: a potential fizzle, decent damage and 2 blade removal is no joke.

9)Thats a fair solution: Lower levi's damage to remove all blades. However with enfeeble being added in the game it is not an essential change.

Now there are some changes that can be made to storm to increase its capabilities without overpowering it:

1)Change disarm to zero pips- The disarm vs pierce inconsistency is blatant. Wheras enfeeble and shatter are both 3 pips, disarm costs a pip while pierce costs 0? Same thing with cleanse charm and cleanse ward(both cost 0)

2)Give storm a low pip stunner- Storm lacks a low pip stun spell. After the disappointment that was catalan(The only new spell that is NO DIFFERENT strategically than a spell already available to said school) I have hope that the second set of crafted spells(ie the set that includes luminous weaver, keeper of the flame and burning revenant) is more satisfying and a low pip stunner or a four pip aoe would be great.

3)Improve the storm minions ai or bring back ghoul- Improving the storm minion so that it shares more could be a great improvement. I have noticed that recently the storm minion has been more generous (especially after a large attack on me) but it still often does silly things like heal itself at full health while I am at around half. If no ai improvement is forthcoming, return the storm minion's the ability to ghoul. This will allow it to be able to defend itself against other minions while simultaneously getting back a little health and breaking tower shields. Plus, being an out of school attack, it does not overpower storm since storm shields are left intact.

4)Give storm a preemptive disarm-(This spell would auto-fizzle the next charm cast by your opponent rather than remove a charm already cast). My idea
Name: Infirm
School: Storm
Pip Cost: 1
Effect: Fizzle the next charm cast
Type: Negative charm

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
FatesKin wrote:
Killercat7 wrote:

Killercat7 wrote:

Storm does have some trouble in PvP and is generally agreed to be the worst school at max level 1v1 PvP. However the problems you state are not insurmontable and your solutions are very overpowered.

1) Wildbolt has a 33% spread for every hit. It is a great low cost shield breaker and can do some serious damage if it hits correctly. It cannot be made back to the original because even at 0% accuracy add in Infallible(+15-20%), typical storm accuracy boost(22-23%), and Unstoppable(+25%-30%) and you would have a spell which has an accuracy of 62%-73% at 1000 damage. Unacceptable.

2)Insane bolt is actually 80% chance to hit enemy and 20% chance to hit self. Moon damage is resisted by universal resist which Ice has in abundance.

3)Healing Current is a wonderful spell imo. Giving storm the option to heal is great. I actually run a tank storm(yes it is possible) and with my heal boost at over 100% so HC is 200, 800, 2000 heal. A respectable heal by any rights and factor in critical.... whoo boy. There are few things more demoralizing than seeing a storm you bought close to death heal back to full health.

4) 95% damage won't put a dent in ice's resist but is still enough to neutralize up to 48% resist. Its your choice to go with a max damage storm. I currently have 62% attack boost and am doing fine with it.

5)With avalon's crafted gear every school's power pip chance dropped in exchange for accuracy. In ww gear the elemental schools and myth got universal accuracy but less power pips while the spritual schools and balance got more powerpips and no universal accuracy. Fairly balanced across the gear set-ups.

6)Enfeeble is a great spell when combined with healing current. Healing current enables you to rebound from non-bladed attacks quickly and effectively while enfeeble helps you to destroy their set-up so they cannot stack enough damage to kill you or supress you fast enough.

7)Agreed, supercharge is very situational and often remains unused. However it finds its niche against ice wizards who opt for life rather than myth mastery.

8)Sirens is fine as it is: a potential fizzle, decent damage and 2 blade removal is no joke.

9)Thats a fair solution: Lower levi's damage to remove all blades. However with enfeeble being added in the game it is not an essential change.

Now there are some changes that can be made to storm to increase its capabilities without overpowering it:

1)Change disarm to zero pips- The disarm vs pierce inconsistency is blatant. Wheras enfeeble and shatter are both 3 pips, disarm costs a pip while pierce costs 0? Same thing with cleanse charm and cleanse ward(both cost 0)

2)Give storm a low pip stunner- Storm lacks a low pip stun spell. After the disappointment that was catalan(The only new spell that is NO DIFFERENT strategically than a spell already available to said school) I have hope that the second set of crafted spells(ie the set that includes luminous weaver, keeper of the flame and burning revenant) is more satisfying and a low pip stunner or a four pip aoe would be great.

3)Improve the storm minions ai or bring back ghoul- Improving the storm minion so that it shares more could be a great improvement. I have noticed that recently the storm minion has been more generous (especially after a large attack on me) but it still often does silly things like heal itself at full health while I am at around half. If no ai improvement is forthcoming, return the storm minion's the ability to ghoul. This will allow it to be able to defend itself against other minions while simultaneously getting back a little health and breaking tower shields. Plus, being an out of school attack, it does not overpower storm since storm shields are left intact.

4)Give storm a preemptive disarm-(This spell would auto-fizzle the next charm cast by your opponent rather than remove a charm already cast). My idea
Name: Infirm
School: Storm
Pip Cost: 1
Effect: Fizzle the next charm cast
Type: Negative charm

I agree upon some of it. Storm's minion needs a better ai for sure. Though changing so many of these spells would be unlikely. Making some changes like the ai should be done. :?

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
Nah I like how the minion is. It good against none pvp players.
Because I mostly using my storm account character, ever thing change since beta. It more a struggle.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
I am lvl 80 Storm and disagree with everything. It is fine the way it is. Healing Current is useless to me, so out the deck it goes. And my wild bolts usually about every time hit 1000. Insane bolt ALWAYS works for me. Don't ask me how. So basically, you're Storm, and trying to NERF it? That Levy is too weak. And you're going to waste 8 pips on removing charms. No. No and no.

-Gtafreak101

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
Never mined Ill try to find a solution , why I am having trouble with Pvp.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Fix the storm minion. Thats all. Then storm might stand a chance: Possible fix:
Spells:
Storm elf
Stormcat
Storm shark
Elemental blade
Stormblade
Weakness
Infection
Kraken

Seems fair to me. Drop its health to 400 like all the others.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Ronster55 wrote:
Spells:
Storm elf
Stormcat
Storm shark
Elemental blade
Stormblade
Weakness
Infection
Kraken

Best idea I've seen all year.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Ronster55 wrote:
Spells:
Storm elf
Stormcat
Storm shark
Elemental blade
Stormblade
Weakness
Infection
Kraken

Bad idea

The storm minion is supposed to cover up Storm's weaknesses.
The storm minion can taunt, heal, defend, trap, and even set up armor. Its high health and selfishness is because it taunts opponents. I do believe that the Storm minion should get an attack like Lightning Elf, but you are giving some bad ideas.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
supercharge should be made 20% damage per pip, at 10% its a joke, other schools have 40% to 45%, 0 pip cost blades and at 10% per pip supercharge is way too pip expensive to ever use